News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Brokeback Mountain

Started by ruffian, January 09, 2006, 10:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Mack

And how much of it has SuzyQ seen? Seriously, we all know she was talking about the IDEA of two guys getting it on. I seriously doubt she's seen Powertool 2 or Shaving Ryan's Privates.

Bonster

So?
Why should she get turned on even by the IDEA of two guys getting it on?

Should gay guys get turned on by the IDEA of hetero's getting it on?  I think not!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

You guys seem to be a little hung up on the whole black and white gay/straight thing. It's a continuum. Some people (Rev Haggart) even seem to be able to shift around on that continuum at will!

-Rob
From San Francisco, where even the straight are pretty gay.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Joe Sleestak

Boner - I'm afraid you might be missing the point - she doesn't have to like the idea of two men together  - we all have our own ideas about what is appealing. It would just be more respectful if she didn't act like the very idea of two men together was innately repulsive. You know what she meant.

Berwyn - Land of the Lost!

tgoddess

To be fair, she did say,
Quote from: Suzy Q on January 10, 2006, 11:26:45 PM
Ted,  Speaking for myself, I don't know any woman who is turned on by 2 guys romancing each other.  That's just .....ick!!!

If she thinks it's "ick," well, who really cares.  She didn't say she thought it was morally wrong or should be illegal or anything goofy about that...she just said, SPEAKING FOR HERSELF, "ick."

Everyone has something that squicks them.  (For me, it's dudes in thongs at the beach.)

In the words of SuzyQ:  "That's just...ick."  And may I just add, "Ewwww."

For the record, I have two female friends who think man-on-man love is "hot."  So there ya go.  Takes all kinds.

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

tgoddess

Quote from: Joe Sleestak on May 01, 2007, 02:50:04 PM
Boner - I'm afraid you might be missing the point - she doesn't have to like the idea of two men together  - we all have our own ideas about what is appealing. It would just be more respectful if she didn't act like the very idea of two men together was innately repulsive. You know what she meant.

Heh-heh.  He said, "Boner."
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Count DMC

Boner - I'm afraid you might be missing the point - she doesn't have to like the idea of two men together  - we all have our own ideas about what is appealing. It would just be more respectful if she didn't act like the very idea of two men together was innately repulsive. You know what she meant.

Are you and Sir Mack the same person? Oh no wait you would just be two more Typical Berwyn dolts. One guy calls a woman a tool and here you espouse what is respectful and how someone should act. Now both of you noob tools should go play movie time together and hold the stupidity.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Joe Sleestak

I will if you will Count!

Ooooohhh...it turns me on when you call me noob.

Sexytime!

Sir Mack

Quote from: Bonster on May 01, 2007, 02:32:55 PM
So?
Why should she get turned on even by the IDEA of two guys getting it on?

Should gay guys get turned on by the IDEA of hetero's getting it on?  I think not!

No, but gay men and women have to look at movies where hets get it on ALL THE TIME. Including, oddly enough, in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!

Sir Mack

Quote from: Count DMC on May 01, 2007, 03:27:24 PM

Are you and Sir Mack the same person? Oh no wait you would just be two more Typical Berwyn dolts. One guy calls a woman a tool and here you espouse what is respectful and how someone should act. Now both of you noob tools should go play movie time together and hold the stupidity.

Sorry, but I find the IDEA of two tools doing it...ick!

Converstaion OVER.

Bonster

Mr. and Mr. Sensitive, YOU are missing the point.  If you actually read what SuzyQ was responding to (Ted's assertation that many women are turned on by men getting it on), you'd understand she said she doesn't get TURNED ON by it, D'OH!!!

Now go j/o into some saurkraut there at 7016 Cermak Rd/ Czech Plaza already.  I'm gettin' hungry.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on May 01, 2007, 03:41:45 PM
Boner - I'm afraid you might be missing the point - she doesn't have to like the idea of two men together  - we all have our own ideas about what is appealing. It would just be more respectful if she didn't act like the very idea of two men together was innately repulsive. You know what she meant.

Mr. and Mr. Sensitive, YOU are missing the point.  If you actually read what SuzyQ was responding to (Ted's assertation that many women are turned on by men getting it on), you'd understand she said she doesn't get TURNED ON by it, D'OH!!!

Now go j/o into some saurkraut there at 7016 Cermak Rd/ Czech Plaza already.  I'm gettin' hungry.

Did you just write what I thought you did?  You are a twisted individual.  She's a double saint.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Joe Sleestak

Well, speaking for myself - all this talk about j/o and sauerkraut is turning ME on!  Ooops!  Don't want to offend SuzyQ's sensibilities. Man on sauerkraut love is stictly forbidden in these here parts!

Joe Sleestak

Quote from: Suzy Q on April 19, 2007, 04:11:03 PM
We don't have a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to represent us.

A quote from our beloved, sainted SuzyQ in another thread responding to black on white crime. 

You know, sometimes a bigot is just a bigot.

We all know what she meant by her "ick" comment. Let's quit pretending. 

Bonster

Even if that's the case: So what?

Again, why should she be turned on by it any more than a gay person being turned on by a straight scene?

Quit pretending.

Joe Sleestak

I don't care if she's turned on by it or not - that's not my point. Perhaps I'm not being clear.

What if SuzyQ had said this instead:

"Ted,
Speaking for myself, I don't know any woman who is turned on by 2 black people romancing each other.  That's just .....ick!!!"

Hmmm...doesn't sound like just a preference now does it?

Sounds like bigotry to me!

Bonster

Quote from: Joe Sleestak on May 01, 2007, 04:26:59 PM

"Ted,
Speaking for myself, I don't know any woman who is turned on by 2 black people romancing each other.  That's just .....ick!!!"

No.  Sounds like you first took a conversation out of context, then pulled a quote from elsewhere and combined what sounds like ignorance into bigotry.

Again, so what?  Why should she not be repulsed by that ANYMORE than a gay guy being repulsed by hetero sex?

Count DMC

Quote from: Joe Sleestak on May 01, 2007, 04:26:59 PM
I don't care if she's turned on by it or not - that's not my point. Perhaps I'm not being clear.

"Ted,

You don't stop trying to prove that you are an idiot do you? Ok we get it you are! Yeah point well proven.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Ted

Quote from: Count DMC on May 01, 2007, 04:34:28 PM
You don't stop trying to prove that you are an idiot do you?

Count, for once we agree.

Ted

Count DMC