News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Brokeback Mountain

Started by ruffian, January 09, 2006, 10:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Mack

Quote from: Suzy Q on May 03, 2007, 04:33:22 PM
Oh my gosh!  I have not looked at this thread since I last wrote a reply.  Who would have thought that I would have been the topic?   First of all, Joe, I don't know why you are so offended.  The statement was not directed towards you.  Ted asked a question and I responded with my thoughts.  It was nothing personal towards anybody.  I respect  Ted very much and admire him for hiis positive input into the community.  I personally am not interested in guys on guys. (or girls on girls)  I just stated my opinion.  I personally don't agree with the lifestyle but that does not mean we can't respect each other.  I do have friends that are gay and it's no big deal.  To each his own.
Now, as for the racist remarks.....it was in response to a crime!  Many different races have people that will stand up immediately if they feel they have been treated unjustly.  As a caucasian race, we have no one.  Therefore reverse discrimination situations are often put on the back burner.  And don't say that they don't happen because they do.  All I meant was that we don't have a "representative" that will bring attention to the media as quick as a Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  That is not a racist remark.  That is a fact.  You guys are trying to make something out of nothing. 
Joe, you almost sound like you have a personal vendetta.  You need to chill out!!!!!!!!!  I don't know you and you don't know me so back off!!!       If you have something personal to say, say it to my face (I mean e-mail)  Let's make this right.

He did chill out. Now you're starting it all over again. Batten down the hatches!

"I personally don't agree with the lifestyle" -- OH. MY. GAH.  Seriously, Suzy, it's getting hard to see you in that hole you keep digging yourself! I mean, "agree" with the lifestyle?! Let me check my calendar and make sure it isn't 1972. Are you Anita Bryant?

As for the race thing, gimme a break! Caucasians are the majority. Why would they need someone to stand up for them? Boo hoo. White people are the victims for once.

Jesus.

Count DMC

The only hole being dug here is the one you are digging for yourself, as an insipid moron of the board. You come on here and start with your high ground uber-lib speak by coming down on a woman who states her opinion that she doesn't agree with a movie and then doesn't agree with the lifestyle. Since she doesn't agree with your views now she is a backwards thinking cavewoman and you are the super forward thinking woman of tomorrow? Give it a rest is right Suzy, you won't win with this goofball, way too enlightened for the rest of us. Global thinking and all, to him you are just a simple Berwynite who still doesn't get it.

Now Sir why don't you run off to say Oak Park where you will fit in a little beter with people who actually get it?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Sir Mack

Quote from: Count DMC on May 04, 2007, 08:06:10 AM
The only hole being dug here is the one you are digging for yourself, as an insipid moron of the board. You come on here and start with your high ground uber-lib speak by coming down on a woman who states her opinion that she doesn't agree with a movie and then doesn't agree with the lifestyle. Since she doesn't agree with your views now she is a backwards thinking cavewoman and you are the super forward thinking woman of tomorrow? Give it a rest is right Suzy, you won't win with this goofball, way too enlightened for the rest of us. Global thinking and all, to him you are just a simple Berwynite who still doesn't get it.

Now Sir why don't you run off to say Oak Park where you will fit in a little beter with people who actually get it?

Better. Not beter. See Spell Check button below.

Count DMC

Ah yes, spelling and grammer corrections the last resort of the witless.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Joe Sleestak

SuzyQ - Thank you for responding. You actually confirmed all of my suspicions about you based on your post.  You know - I didn't pick to be who I am anymore than you did.  My "lifestyle?"  It's who I AM.  I was born this way just like you were born the way you are.  There's nothing to agree or disagree with. I don't think I should be grateful that you are willing to tolerate me.  I mean, I'm glad you don't want to tie me to a fence post, beat me and leave me for dead but I'm not grateful for your tolerance. F**k that - I'm no one's Uncle Tom.  

As to emailing you about your comments why should I?  You posted your comments on a public bulletin board and I responded there.  It would be kind of creepy to send you a personal email.  I respect your right to have your opinion about me and my lifestyle - just don't expect me to be happy or grateful or lie down and take it when you post comments I don't agree with.  

You have friends who are gay? Please, you're just like people who say "some of my best friends are black, but I don't want my daughter to date one!"  Believe me, your gay "friends" know how you really feel about them and their "lifestyle".  

I mean you no harm SuzyQ - I really don't. I'm sure you're a fine person.  Maybe a little ignorant.  So am I in many respects.  Believe me - I'm no saint myself.

Oh - and Count PMS - of course you had to chime in. Always need the last word. Unfortunately, you never spell it right!  We gays and our liberal views aren't leaving to head over to Oak Park.  In fact - you should rejoice that we're here - we're actually going to make your property value go up!  We take pride in our homes, get involved in our communities and make great neighbors.  Maybe we should leave - let this town can be overrun with multiple families living in one house, 10 cars to one house, and Christmas lights in May. Then you would always have something to bitch about.  

I'm glad you posted about my "liberal" views and how they don't belong here in Berwyn.  Seeing the responses on this thread I can see that many of you feel that way.

Don't worry Ted! I don't think everyone on this board or in Berwyn is bigoted.  Maybe you will see me at one of the Bungalo meetings one of these days.  Thanks for the invite.  
Berwyn - Land of the Lost!

Sir Mack

Quote from: Joe Sleestak on May 04, 2007, 09:45:43 AM

Oh - and Count PMS - of course you had to chime in. Always need the last word. Unfortunately, you never spell it right! 

Okay, THAT was funny! ZING!

Good post, Joe! Sincere, articulate, and passionate. Welcome to Berwyn! We need you!

OakParkSpartan

<Admin On>

Folks...let's dial it down a bit, ok?  A discussion about a movie has turned into something a little more nasty.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Brian

<Admin Off>
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Count DMC

I see it doesn't take much to entertain the simps, spelling is now the preferred form of entertainment. That's it my boy keep telling everyone how they are wrong Poor little you are right. It's heard everyday in every city across the country, in kindergarten classes. Suzy is just as right as you are in stating her opinions, though neither are wrong or right. Your lifestyle and hers are different, leave it at that.

The use of the term Uncle Tom is derogatory to African-Americans as well, you should watch your words.

Crunchie

Quote from: Ted Korbos on January 10, 2006, 05:56:41 PM
One thing I don't get is this:

Why are heterosexual men turned on by two women engaging in romance?

And, based on the reaction to Queer As Folk and Brokeback Mountain, why are heteroseuxal women turned on by two men engaging in romance?

I don't get it.

Take Care
  Ted
I just ran across this thread, and all I can say is WOW. Lots of hostility going on. Anyway, Ted, my guess is that hetero men can easily fantasize themselves into the position of one of the women. I assume the same theory would apply to hetero women and gay men, although that may be more of a stretch (no pun intended) if the woman is not into backdoor action. Make any sense? Just MHO.

Ted

Quote from: Crunchie on May 19, 2007, 06:32:39 AM
Quote from: Ted Korbos on January 10, 2006, 05:56:41 PM
One thing I don't get is this:

Why are heterosexual men turned on by two women engaging in romance?

And, based on the reaction to Queer As Folk and Brokeback Mountain, why are heteroseuxal women turned on by two men engaging in romance?

I don't get it.

Take Care
  Ted
I just ran across this thread, and all I can say is WOW. Lots of hostility going on. Anyway, Ted, my guess is that hetero men can easily fantasize themselves into the position of one of the women. I assume the same theory would apply to hetero women and gay men, although that may be more of a stretch (no pun intended) if the woman is not into backdoor action. Make any sense? Just MHO.

Not all gay men are into "back door action", as you put it.   That's a common misconception.  It is more about being physically attracted to someone of the same sex, not a particular type of sexual act.

And, I was thinking specifically of articles I read when Queer As Folk was running on TV and the fact that many heterosexual women liked the show and were turned on by watching two hunky guys being affectionate with each other (in a similar way that some heterosexual men are turned on by watching two women be affectionate with each other.)

Crunchie

OK. I wasn't positive of exactly what you meant by "engaging in romance," so I had to guess.

Bonster

Quote from: Ted Korbos on May 19, 2007, 07:44:49 AM
  Not all gay men are into "back door action", as you put it.   That's a common misconception. 
That's terrible! (for tops-only)

Quote from: Ted Korbos on May 19, 2007, 07:44:49 AM
   And, I was thinking specifically of articles I read when Queer As Folk was running on TV and the fact that many heterosexual women liked the show and were turned on by watching two hunky guys being affectionate with each other (in a similar way that some heterosexual men are turned on by watching two women be affectionate with each other.)
Yes, Ted, that is correct.  More "bang" for the buck...two instances of beauty (or hunks) in the same scene . 

That and sexually speaking, it's a turn-on knowing someone of that sex appreciates the same things you do about them, physically.
<immediately deletes everything on hard drive>

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

I think I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead.  <LOL>

Berwyn Patsy

Good idea Ted,  also lol!!