News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

The Real GRUNTS!!

Started by Paul Fuentes, January 09, 2006, 11:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: Berwyntruth on January 20, 2006, 06:55:24 PM
I refuse to debate school issues with the President of the Gay and lesbian organization, I just refuse.

Your choice, dude.

Take Care
  Ted

Bear

Quote from: Berwyntruth on January 20, 2006, 06:44:41 PM
Good post Bear,
Again a good example of a O'con Berwyn spinster. Just.

Sincerely,

The Truth  ;D

Yes untruth...A word not in your limited vocabulary....Just

Add to that innovative, intelligent, creative, open, friendly,
pro-active, responsive, considerate, respectful, hopeful, and helpful..

The Good Lord gave many things to us...

To others He gave nothing...I pity you
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

k6s2zvfw

BerwynI'maJackassTruth,

"offer realtors an incentive not to advertise in undesirable locations"

sounds ILLEGAL to me.

nice going.

mike

Paul Fuentes

BerwynTruth:

It is really hard to pin you down terms of an accurate comparison, but yet its not.  You are truly the first person that can best be described as flapping labia and  prematurely spitting cobra.  You are the epitome of the bully/coward.  You come here, flap at first, spew, then scurry out with your repeated epitaph "Stay tuned".  Aside from the fact that I am still waiting for you to support your accusations that I am a Marty Sandoval and HDO supporter, and your "pictures", you never have the cojones to back your bullshit up.  Let's examine your latest spew:

1.  Q:  Why did the mayor hire his father, even though he was fired by a previous administration?  Answer:  To benefit his father.  Nepotism, yes.  Illegal?  Show me where.  Name one law violated. 

2.  Now let's address your other issues:  Less than one year in office and:

Crime is up..........OR can it be that it is now accurately reported.

Blight is everywhere...Where?  And did it exist before he took office (or you left office?).

Police morale is at an all time low...According to who?  Frank Marzullo? 

Record deficit.....Yeah.  This is a good one.  We were in the black before 5/05?  And the bonds that got floated under the past admin was good?

Real estate transfer tax is the highest in the state...Dude, I do closings across many municipalities, and it is about standard.  Show your proof.  Do you have anything to back this allegation up?  Highest in the state?

6 figure lawyer fees for a political attorney,,,I am willing to give you this one if you back up the accusation with accurate hourly billing info.  I do not have info on this issue, so if you do post it.

Realtors advertising Berwyn home in chicago high crime neighborhoods......Name ONE law that can prohibit this.  And if you decide to get kinky, name the realtors and the neighborhoods.  Again, the door is open to back up your assertions.

City council is more divided than ever....hmm, lets see..before I could bet in Vegas that the vote would be 5-3.  Now, the votes could be 4-4, 5-3, 6-2, 7-1 etc...   I like it better now, for whatever reason.

Our schools are on the brink of financial ruin.....Once again, and this happened in teh last 6 months?????    I think NOT. 

There.  I answered all your questions.  Now just answer ONE for me.  What are you doing now, or have you ever done, to address ANY of the issues you set forth. 

Everybody here will offer you full support on your impeachment proceedings as long as you tell us what YOU have done, and WILL do.  We are not opposed to new leadership.  Show us the bling, and we'll make it sing, all the way to 26th and Euclid.  If you seek the throne, have the balls and armor to engage the battle.

For now, like I said previously, you are just the bully/coward.  And if you want to meet after school,  let me know. 

The ball is on your side of the scrimmage line.  Make a first down or punt.  It's on you.  Back your shit up.

Paul Fuentes 

Thomas

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on January 21, 2006, 12:13:05 AM
BerwynTruth:

It is really hard to pin you down terms of an accurate comparison, but yet its not.  You are truly the first person that can best be described as flapping labia and  prematurely spitting cobra.  You are the epitome of the bully/coward.  You come here, flap at first, spew, then scurry out with your repeated epitaph "Stay tuned".  Aside from the fact that I am still waiting for you to support your accusations that I am a Marty Sandoval and HDO supporter, and your "pictures", you never have the cojones to back your bullshit up.  Let's examine your latest spew:

1.  Q:  Why did the mayor hire his father, even though he was fired by a previous administration?  Answer:  To benefit his father.  Nepotism, yes.  Illegal?  Show me where.  Name one law violated.  

2.  Now let's address your other issues:  Less than one year in office and:

Crime is up..........OR can it be that it is now accurately reported.

Blight is everywhere...Where?  And did it exist before he took office (or you left office?).

Police morale is at an all time low...According to who?  Frank Marzullo?  

Record deficit.....Yeah.  This is a good one.  We were in the black before 5/05?  And the bonds that got floated under the past admin was good?

Real estate transfer tax is the highest in the state...Dude, I do closings across many municipalities, and it is about standard.  Show your proof.  Do you have anything to back this allegation up?  Highest in the state?

6 figure lawyer fees for a political attorney,,,I am willing to give you this one if you back up the accusation with accurate hourly billing info.  I do not have info on this issue, so if you do post it.

Realtors advertising Berwyn home in chicago high crime neighborhoods......Name ONE law that can prohibit this.  And if you decide to get kinky, name the realtors and the neighborhoods.  Again, the door is open to back up your assertions.

City council is more divided than ever....hmm, lets see..before I could bet in Vegas that the vote would be 5-3.  Now, the votes could be 4-4, 5-3, 6-2, 7-1 etc...   I like it better now, for whatever reason.

Our schools are on the brink of financial ruin.....Once again, and this happened in teh last 6 months?????    I think NOT.  

There.  I answered all your questions.  Now just answer ONE for me.  What are you doing now, or have you ever done, to address ANY of the issues you set forth.  

Everybody here will offer you full support on your impeachment proceedings as long as you tell us what YOU have done, and WILL do.  We are not opposed to new leadership.  Show us the bling, and we'll make it sing, all the way to 26th and Euclid.  If you seek the throne, have the balls and armor to engage the battle.

For now, like I said previously, you are just the bully/coward.  And if you want to meet after school,  let me know.  

The ball is on your side of the scrimmage line.  Make a first down or punt.  It's on you.  Back your shit up.

Paul Fuentes  

About standard?  Not hardly!  Berwyn, Cicero and Harwood Heights are the highest in Cook County.

http://lizshomes.com/buy_transfer.html

markberwyn

Quote from: A**hat on January 20, 2006, 06:23:13 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on January 20, 2006, 12:04:06 PM
Potential replacements for O'Connor:

!!!!!!!!!!
Tony Castrogiovanni
Mike Woodward
Frank Marzullo
Jerry Marzullo
Joel Erickson

Anybody else?

It doesn't work that markberwyn.  The senior alderman would take over until a special election was held.

...during which people would vote for a replacement who announced his/her candidacy.

Am I a jerk sometimes? You betcha. But I'd argue that I'm being a jerk on occasion because I'm interested in getting some clarity about something; Berwyntruth was just being belligerent and taunting, much like !!!!!!!!!! when she was posting many times daily and saying stuff like she wished a train would derail and kill everybody at a board gathering at Garv's. However, if you feel like I've posted something that's out of line, you're welcome to point it out to me, or the board administrators.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Paul Fuentes

A**HAt:

How impressive that out of over a dozen points you only picked one.  If you have anything else to add, let me know.  You are certainly a genious. 

I hope my kids go to school where you're kids go.

NOT 

JJPonicek

Hello, Mr. Committeeman.  You had no opposition and could have received only one vote and won.
Big deal.

Paul Fuentes

Wow.

JJPonicek has the same soft hands as JJ Stokes.

Nice catch.

Carlos Noll  3-4D 

West coast CRUSH.         

I Am Back

Quote from: Dancing Queen on January 20, 2006, 12:31:21 PM
I found the following at http://www.ancelglink.com/qanda/2001IML.html

Looks like there is no law in the State of Illinois that allows recalls:

27. Can citizens recall elected public officials?

ANSWER: Probably not. No established form of Illinois municipal government contains a recall provision. Such a provision was found to be unconstitutional as a part of the commission form of government. It is possible that the citizens of a municipality could, by referendum, add a recall provision to the structure of the government of that specific municipality. The same answer would probably apply to referendum-based term limits.

Looks like A**hat and BerwynTruth are a couple of liars trying to blow smoke up our ass!!!

The Village of Arlington Heights has recall legislation. The Illinois State Constitution does not allow for commission forms of government to recall elected officials, however, any home rule unit of government can initiate the recall procedures through one of two options:
1. - Aldermen / Trustees calling for censure of the mayor, adding a recall provision to the local code of ordinances or;

2 - Alderman / Trustees, by 2/3rds majority vote, calling for the recall and initiating such recall by referendum to be voted on by the voters of the district in which the recall is to take place.

Berwyn is a home rule unit and the power rests in the hands of the aldermen and voters. A recall is a certain possibility, so, BerwynTruth wasn't completely off track.
"Where Cathy adores a minuet, The Ballet Russes, and crepes suzette, Our Patty loves to rock and roll, A hotdog makes her lose control -- What a wild duet!"

markberwyn

Quote from: I Am Back on January 24, 2006, 12:26:15 AM

ANSWER: Probably not. No established form of Illinois municipal government contains a recall provision. Such a provision was found to be unconstitutional as a part of the commission form of government. It is possible that the citizens of a municipality could, by referendum, add a recall provision to the structure of the government of that specific municipality. The same answer would probably apply to referendum-based term limits.

Looks like A**hat and BerwynTruth are a couple of liars trying to blow smoke up our ass!!!

The Village of Arlington Heights has recall legislation. The Illinois State Constitution does not allow for commission forms of government to recall elected officials, however, any home rule unit of government can initiate the recall procedures through one of two options:
1. - Aldermen / Trustees calling for censure of the mayor, adding a recall provision to the local code of ordinances or;

2 - Alderman / Trustees, by 2/3rds majority vote, calling for the recall and initiating such recall by referendum to be voted on by the voters of the district in which the recall is to take place.

Berwyn is a home rule unit and the power rests in the hands of the aldermen and voters. A recall is a certain possibility, so, BerwynTruth wasn't completely off track.

Fair enough. But none of the critics have even floated the name of a possible-maybe-could-be candidate, so I have to assume this recall hoo-haw is DOA.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

ruffian

I thought I read that someone said the position would fall to the senior most Alderman, which I think is Bracato.  I don't ... just thought I heard that.  Number 1, I don't think any of this is going to happen.

Dancing Queen

Quote from: I Am Back on January 24, 2006, 12:26:15 AM

If there are 6 of the 8 aldermen who want to get rid of O'Connor that badly, it would be easier to impeach than to do it through a recall.

The 6 aldermen would have to create a recall ordinance, have it vetoed by O'Connor, override the veto with 6 votes, have the mayor challenge the constitutionality of the ordinance up the the Illinois Supreme Court, have the Supreme Court rule that home rule communities can create a recall ordinance (opposite of what it ruled for commission governments), have the city council pass a recall referendum, have the mayor override it, have the 6 aldermen override the veto, have the Mayor challenge the referendum in court, have the court rule in favor of the referendum and THEN have the voters vote on it.  By that time, it will be spring of 2009 anyway.

If there are 6 aldermen who want to get rid of the OC that badly, impeachment would be easier than trying to do a recall.

And, back to my original point, A**hat and BerwynTruth cannot just waltz out the door, get 2400 signatures and put a recall referendum on the ballot.

OakParkSpartan

I'm still trying to figure out just what he is being impeached for?  Winning the election?  Appointing people which the city council has then approved?

Once again, a bunch of knuckleheads placing their own personal disagreements before the needs of the city. 

A challenge to the aldermen...Why not tell us what your top 3 priorities are for 2006?  What are you willing to try and accomplish this year?  Tell us, and the citizens will work with you to move Berwyn forward.  Not 3 generalities, but 3 specific items you'd like to see happen in Berwyn.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

delbowz

well said Brian.

I am not a blind-OC follower - but last I checked the majority of Berwyn voters elected him in for a 4-year term.  He hast not been in office for 9 months yet.  Can we give him a chance? 

more development has occured in the past 9 months than in the previous administration - that for one is good for every homeowner in Berwyn.

We can't hold the mayor accountable for the failure of the schools - because he doesn't have control over the schools -

Has he made mistakes?  Sure.
Are there alderman who have made mistakes?  Sure.

Should we disrupt the forward movement of our city to prove him wrong?  I just can't see how that is in our best interest.

I will tell you, that NO ONE I know who is on the market for a new home, would buy in Berwyn if they were aware of the political unrest of this city.

The voters and citizens of Berwyn had OC up on a pedastal, we were all so anxious for change and moving into the future.  I find that when you put people on a pedastal, you are setting them up for failure in your eyes.

I am very disappointed that there are still peopel in this town who are more intent on disrupting the current "control" of this city than in moving the city forward.

I would love to see how involved all these "impeachment" posters are in the city:
Are they on the Mayor's Advisory Council?
Involved in CARE?
On teh School Board?
Block Captain for Neighborhood Watch?

The thing I like about this town now is that you can actually have a voice in the administration.  You can make recommendations and HELP build the future of this town - If more people got actively involved, things would be accomplished more quickly.

Disrupting the state of our administration will do nothing to move us forward - even if OC isn't the best mayor around - and I'm not voiting on that one way or another - disrupting the current leadership of this town will just set us back years.

I am just tired of all teh political party lines - and people focusing on their different views - can't we all just agree that we want a better Berwyn and work together to get there?

Just my two cents.

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

OakParkSpartan

Thanks Denise.

One thing my wife and I have vowed (and several of our friends) is if we ever move, we will attend several city council meetings in the new town, and follow the newspapers closely so we do not move to another town with such petty politics.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Quote from: delbowz on January 24, 2006, 01:23:55 PM
I will tell you, that NO ONE I know who is on the market for a new home, would buy in Berwyn if they were aware of the political unrest of this city.

You think Berwyn has a bad reputation now?  Imagine how much of a laughing stock we would be with impeachment proceedings...

ruffian

I wish I could think like many who have just moved here.  Nice town.  Gonna make the most of involvement with my new found City, with education, development.  Ahhhhh this is nice.  Towns got a lot of problems I understand, but hell, we've got new blood coming in and they will push for progress.  Sounds so simple.  But many old timers know it's just not so.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot.  Say OC lost the election and Woodward was our Mayor, with Marzullo still calling all the shots.

Am I to believe that no one would come to this forum and scrutinize Woodward and the powers that be under him?  I'm just reminding everyone that this adminstration has no lock on being in charge forever.  Should the democrats win the next election, and I see posts here that criticize and scrutinize, I will remind everyone of these posts.  So let's be quite and give them a chance.  If it was Woodward and crew, would you be able to be quiet?  I don't know.  I know I couldn't.  Anyone who thinks this is just because OC got elected is mistaken.

Do we want to go back to the day when alderman are approached with bribe money for them to vote yes on a contract/deal in the men's room of City Hall?  Geeez, I hope not.  If we all just go back to the "let City Hall run on it's own" ... "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" routine, that could happen again very easily.  

Why didn't people say "hey, give Woodward a chance" ... it will be different ... ?

His failure was on many levels, but the most significant was having to carry the ball and chain of the past history of the Democrats, of which OC use to play a part.

I personally don't care if Mother Theresa herself had the big seat at City Hall.  She would still fall under the same microscope as far as I'm concerned.

Turn on the TV on any given day and watch Bush take beating after beating.  Then the talkiing heads turn it around and start beating up on the Left.

It's politics.  We think about progress on a local level ... but look at the progress on a national level.  NONE.  ZIP ..... NADA .......... ZERO.  Day after day, month after month, year after year.  As soon as one party is elected instead of working on the problems facing a nation they spend the whole time figuring out how they will win the NEXT election .. and so it goes.

I'm for letting an elected government do their jobs, but I am not an alderman.  I'm not the mayor.  I'm not the one down there unable to get along and work with others.  I'm not causing the turmoil down at City Hall, hell, I don't even bother to go to council.  To me it would be an exercise in frustration and I'm not into that.  So I don't know what to tell you.  All I know is that none of this is because of people at this forum.  It's all between these elected officials.  We are merely bystanders watching.  

OakParkSpartan

Some of the bystanders are also participants...don't forget that fact.  And I am not talking about Mike and Mark.

Cheers,
Brian

delbowz

Ruff -

I appreciate your post.  I do find it hard to believe that if Woodward got elected that 9 months later people would be calling for his impeachment.  But, I also find it hard to believe that they are doing that with O'Connor.

I guess I'm just of the belief that if people aren't wililng to step up and get involved, they shouldn't have the right to complain.  (Notice, you wont' see me posting anything about MW or the education issue, b/c I just don't have the time to get involved and I don't feel like I can complain if I'm not willing to step up and do something about it)  I am adamant about that with voting - if you can't take 5 minutes out of your day to go to the polls, you have no right to complain about what happens when the elected officials take office.  I feel that way about other issues as well - if people want change but aren't willing to work to make that change, I don't think they should critizie what is or isn't happening.

I know I'm being idealistic, but there was a time I believed that everyone on this board wanted what was best for this town - although they had different ideas of how to get there and what it looked like- I am starting to belive that I was wrong.

And, I'm not critizing the regulars on this board.  I'm just frustrated with the ones that come and post all this crap to get everyone riled up.  Someone said we need to ignore those posts - I do try, but it is so frustrating at times.  You are right, it is the politicians - and that aggravates me too -  Its one thing to not side with the mayor on issues - I think that's a healthy administration when you have people that can go on record against things they don't believe in - but when you take it to the level of threatening impeachment after 9 months in office - that's not just unhealthy - it's unproductive.  We don't have the time in this city to be unproductive.

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde