News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Jackie Kennedy: In Her Own Words On Tonight

Started by billyjean, September 13, 2011, 07:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyjean

It's on tonight on channel 7, at 8:00 p.m. in case any of you history buffs would like to watch.

Should be interesting.

~LL~

Quote from: billyjean on September 13, 2011, 07:36:13 PM
It's on tonight on channel 7, at 8:00 p.m. in case any of you history buffs would like to watch.

Should be interesting.

+1  Still a special place in my heart for Jackie.  I heard there will be a number of revelations.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Juliet

I really enjoyed it very much.  It was great to her that smooth voice of hers narrating those years.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

billyjean

Me too.  It was facinating listening to her impressions of heads of state, their wives, past presidents, their wives, Jack, the kids, the marriage, the Kennedys, her revealing her basic nature as compared to Jack, and so on, or talking about the White House.  The restoration she did was truly magnificant.  Those two hours just zipped by and I could have watched for hours more.  They don't do very many specials on TV anymore.  I miss that.  This is the first "special" on network TV I've seen offered and watched in a very long time, and it was refreshing from the tired programming that seems to be the staple in what's offered night after night.  I wonder what the ratings where?

She said what some would consider some very controversial statements, and not necessarily about other people.  From the start of the program to the end, you could almost see her transform on women's rights.

The footage of Jack and some of his comments during speeches were great.  I had a huge smile, in connection with women's rights, when he was asked (can't remember by who, but a woman) something to the effect of:

What have you done .... (about whatever for women), and like an American male and husband he responded:  "apparently not enough".  That gave me a big smile.

Was good ... buy the book:  Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy.

As they said on TV, they only had 2 hours for the Special but there is lots more in the book.  Might make good gift with holidays coming up.

Those clips of Mamie Eisenhower?  She looked like Minnie Pearl, compared to Jackie.

dukesdad