News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

2nd Ward Meeting

Started by Ted, October 11, 2011, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I received a robo-call yesterday saying there was going to be a 2nd ward meeting on Thursday, October 13 starting at 6:30 PM at Paisan's pizza.

However, I did not receive any email from the 2nd ward alderman about any 2nd ward meeting.

I know of one other person who got the robo-call.  Anyone else get a robo-call?

truman40

The last robo call I recieved was about the tax seminar with Al Kveton tomorrow.
I'll ask my block captain about the meeting.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

buzz

Quote from: Ted on October 11, 2011, 07:45:07 AM
  However, I did not receive any email from the 2nd ward alderman about any 2nd ward meeting.
  I know of one other person who got the robo-call.  Anyone else get a robo-call?
Well you know I got it, and my neighbor got it too.  Odd location for a meeting.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

pcm1112

My wife received the email last night.  See you there?

Bonster

OH man, there's a chance Jeff will spring for a pizza.  I may have to show up in my 2nd Ward t-shirt!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

pcm1112

Quote from: Bonster on October 11, 2011, 09:51:27 AM
OH man, there's a chance Jeff will spring for a pizza.  I may have to show up in my 2nd Ward t-shirt!
Perhaps I'll show up with a pie from Villa Nova....far superior.   ;)

Ted

Quote from: pcm1112 on October 11, 2011, 09:22:10 AM
My wife received the email last night.... 

I still haven't received an email.  And, I received 3 emails from Jeff on Monday on other things, but not this.

pcm1112

Quote from: Ted on October 11, 2011, 12:37:24 PM

I still haven't received an email.  And, I received 3 emails from Jeff on Monday on other things, but not this.
It came from "CityofBerwynIL scs" - whatever that is.

Ted

Quote from: Pat on October 11, 2011, 12:45:06 PM

Ah.  That might explain it.  I doubt I am on the CityofBerwynIL scs mailing list.

So, is this a city event?

pcm1112

Quote from: Ted on October 11, 2011, 12:56:46 PM
Quote from: Pat on October 11, 2011, 12:45:06 PM

Ah.  That might explain it.  I doubt I am on the CityofBerwynIL scs mailing list.

So, is this a city event?

Here's the email....

truman40

Just got the following email from Jeff;
There will be a 2nd Ward meeting this coming Thursday, October 13th at 6:30 PM at Paisans Pizza located at 6226 W. Ogden Avenue. I hope you will be able to join me.

Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Bonster

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:14 AM
To: 'CityofBerwynIL scs'
Subject: pizza

Is there going to be any pizza (in lieu of the usual donuts? ;)

Mark

--------------

To: 'That asshole on BTF'
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:32 AM
Subject: RE: pizza

Yes Bonster, I will be springing for pizzas.  You're on your own for beer, though!

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

truman40

Quote from: Bonster on October 11, 2011, 06:34:14 PM

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:14 AM
To: 'CityofBerwynIL scs'
Subject: pizza

Is there going to be any pizza (in lieu of the usual donuts? ;)

Mark

--------------

To: 'That asshole on BTF'
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:32 AM
Subject: RE: pizza

Yes Bonster, I will be springing for pizzas.  You're on your own for beer, though!

Are you sure they mean you?
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

pcm1112

Well, what did we think?  It's the first of these I've gone to, but thought the turnout was pretty good (although not representative of the actual demographics of our fair city).  Clearly, having it at Paisan's was a move to spotlight the development.  Too bad the meeting had to compete with the restaurant noise.

buzz

Well it was the standard meeting....plus noise.  Honestly Pat, I couldn't hear 1/2 of what was said.  Daylight Savings 11/05, change batteries in smoke detectors, lotsa' new development in Berwyn, "We're moving forward", basements flood during 100 yr. storms, become a block captain, we planted the corners, seniors can get help for snow, don't rake leaves into the street, and Karbon Park (dog park) is in the planning stages.
Someone asked about the youngster that died but  I only heard part of Sassetti's answer.  There was no warrant and no exigent circumstances, so they couldn't enter the home on their previous visits.

Mayor Lovero announced we got our bond rating upgraded.  Oh, Joy !  Better credit.  Now we can dig a deeper hole.  Yeeeesh.

Pizza, but no beer.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

pcm1112

Quote from: buzz on October 14, 2011, 04:33:52 PM
Well it was the standard meeting....plus noise.  Honestly Pat, I couldn't hear 1/2 of what was said.  Daylight Savings 11/05, change batteries in smoke detectors, lotsa' new development in Berwyn, "We're moving forward", basements flood during 100 yr. storms, become a block captain, we planted the corners, seniors can get help for snow, don't rake leaves into the street, and Karbon Park (dog park) is in the planning stages.
Someone asked about the youngster that died but  I only heard part of Sassetti's answer.  There was no warrant and no exigent circumstances, so they couldn't enter the home on their previous visits.

Mayor Lovero announced we got our bond rating upgraded.  Oh, Joy !  Better credit.  Now we can dig a deeper hole.  Yeeeesh.

Pizza, but no beer.
Just curious, how is this enforced?

~LL~

Quote from: Pat on October 17, 2011, 12:31:09 PM
Quote from: buzz on October 14, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Pizza, but no beer.
Just curious, how is this enforced?

Since I doubt Public Works has time to call anyone to issue citation if they notice this as they make street cleaning rounds, I guess its up to some neighborhoodwatchbitch to call it in...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.