News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

What happen on Cermak @ Charter One Bank

Started by MindoverMatter, November 01, 2011, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MindoverMatter

It was taped off and police every where around 5:15p??

justme

Not sure if it's related but I know that there were guys running and jumping the roofs of businesses along Cermak last night...

Bonster

Quote from: justme on November 02, 2011, 10:22:59 AM
Not sure if it's related but I know that there were guys running and jumping the roofs of businesses along Cermak last night...

Taggers.

Whatever you do don't let justme call it in or it will take weeks to get it removed!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

justme

Quote from: Bonster on November 02, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
Quote from: justme on November 02, 2011, 10:22:59 AM

Taggers.

Whatever you do don't let justme call it in or it will take weeks to get it removed!

That's for sure!!!  ;)

justme

Ah, here we go. Bank robberry. Shocker  ::)

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berwyn/newsnow/x25723160/Berwyn-bank-robbed

Berwyn, IL — The Charter One Bank located at 6201 Cermak Road in Berwyn was robbed of an undisclosed amount of cash about 5:04 p.m. Tuesday, police said.

According to a witness statement, a man described as a 25- to 30-year-old Latino between 5-foot-6-inches and 5-foot-8-inches tall with a thin build, dark hair and light facial hair walked into the bank just before closing.
He then reportedly walked up to a teller, implied that he had a weapon and demanded all the money in the till. The suspect then fled in an unknown direction on foot.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations was called to the scene and is working alongside the Berwyn Police Department. Both agencies are asking anyone with information about the robbery to call the Berwyn Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit at (708) 795-5600.

MainStLiquors

From the pictures, it looks like the guy was wearing glasses usually worn by motorcyclist. He might of made his getaway on a motorcycle.
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR
http://www.facebook.com/MainStreetImportedLiquors

Crunchie

"According to a witness statement, a man described as a 25- to 30-year-old Latino between 5-foot-6-inches and 5-foot-8-inches tall with a thin build, dark hair and light facial hair walked into the bank just before closing."

With a description like that, he should be in custody very soon. ::)

EC

justme

Quote from: Crunchie on November 03, 2011, 02:13:22 AM
"According to a witness statement, a man described as a 25- to 30-year-old Latino between 5-foot-6-inches and 5-foot-8-inches tall with a thin build, dark hair and light facial hair walked into the bank just before closing."

With a description like that, he should be in custody very soon. ::)

I know, I am surprised that he hasn't been caught yet....

Now I am tech savvy at ALL but with technology today, isn't there a way or these banks to get better survelliance cameras so that the images are more clear? The ones they released of this guy are really of no help.  I know that the currency exchange on Cermak and Home has webcams set up at each window aimed right t you so if they need to pull an image, they will get a full face pic. I would just think that with all of the robberies-and I doubt they will stop any time soon-that they would have better cams set up.

I think I just live in a fantasy world sometimes lol

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

MainStLiquors

Sounds like the Chase on Ogden just got robbed
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR

Berwyn Patsy

I hate to say it but it is the season!  Desperate people do desperate things!  Every one out there be careful and be aware.

MainStLiquors

6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR