News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Bank robbery this afternoon

Started by Evil T, December 02, 2011, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil T

The Chase Bank at 6969 West Ogden Ave was robbed just before 4:00Pm this afternoon and the suspects were apprehended by Berwyn Police at  Home and Windsor. (probably waiting for a train to pass)

Evil T

MainStLiquors

Just heard it on the scanner, good stuff
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR
http://www.facebook.com/MainStreetImportedLiquors

seebee

That's what all that was. I drove through it. They had those little parking cop cars blocking the crossing -  found it mildly funny.

tlcnurse

They apparently caught the people involved  right outside our store by the day care center. It was a man, woman & a child from what we heard from our employees. They did have a gun according to the deli girls so they were a little scared to see it unfold right outside.

justme

So that makes how many banks robbed here within the past year? Wow. As much as I hate my job, you couldn't pay me enough to work in a bank these days -anywhere. I rather stay where I am and be the miserable bitch that I am.

MainStLiquors

Quote from: justme on December 02, 2011, 08:11:13 PM
So that makes how many banks robbed here within the past year? Wow. As much as I hate my job, you couldn't pay me enough to work in a bank these days -anywhere. I rather stay where I am and be the miserable bitch that I am.
The tellers never get hurt, they are instructed to just give up the money(or dye packs in this case). Still, having a gun in your face in not a fun thing, I would know. Luckily there was no gun shown this time, it was implied on a note.

I count 3 banks in the last month alone!
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR

chandasz

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-berwyn-police-arrest-woman-suspected-in-three-bank-robberies-20111203,0,2754372.story

chicagotribune.com

Berwyn police arrest woman suspected in three bank robberies

Staff report

2:36 AM CST, December 3, 2011

advertisement

Berwyn police arrested a woman suspected of robbing three banks after a Chase bank was robbed Friday on Ogden Avenue in southwest suburban Berwyn.

The woman walked into the bank about 3:45 p.m. on Friday, used a note to imply she had a weapon, and left the bank on foot, according to a release from the Berwyn Police Department.

Police arrested her after they pulled over the green minivan she was driving, police said.

Someone told police they saw an object tossed from a green minivan in the 3600 block of Home Avenue, about a block away from the bank, and police stopped the van near Windsor and Home Avenue.

Berwyn police notified the FBI of her arrest and are "reviewing information, surveillance videos, and the method of operation" to see if the woman in custody is "responsible for other local bank robberies in Berwyn and Lyons," according to the release.

She's also considered a suspect in the Nov. 10 robbery of Metropolitan Bank, in the 8700 block of Ogden Ave in Lyons, and the Nov. 18 robbery of Citizens Community Bank in the 7000 block of Roosevelt Avenue, according to the FBI's Bandit Tracker website.

She didn't display a weapon in any of the three robberies, according to the FBI site.

The word "captured" is stamped over her photo on the FBI website.

Crunchie

Quote from: tlcnurse on December 02, 2011, 07:19:00 PM
They apparently caught the people involved  right outside our store by the day care center. It was a man, woman & a child from what we heard from our employees. They did have a gun according to the deli girls so they were a little scared to see it unfold right outside.
There's a good promo for the store: "Our food is so good that even bank robbers on the run can't resist stopping in." ;)

tlcnurse

LOL that was great! Super Kruncher to the rescue LOL

Vic0218

Update to story online: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-berwyn-woman-charged-with-robbing-bank-suspected-in-2-others-20111205,0,6894572.story

The news story has been updated to include the location of the suspected bank robber - from the article:

Charlene M. Troop, 23, of the 1400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue, was charged after she allegedly walked into the bank about 3:45 p.m. on Friday, used a note to imply she had a weapon, and left the bank on foot, according to a release from the Berwyn Police Department.

"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened" - Cora Harvey Armstrong

treeguy

Ever patronize this Bank or Nonno's/Bad Chinese Food?  The parking lot can be a mess.  Traffic often backs up on Home or Ogden, and its difficult to maneuver and park.  When I read the story, I thought maybe the awful parking lot contributed to the robber being caught. 

I had a little laugh that the situation isn't a result of poor planning, but rather a security measure to help ensure bank robbers are caught.   ;)

MainStLiquors

Quote from: Vic0218 on December 06, 2011, 12:12:06 PM
Update to story online: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-berwyn-woman-charged-with-robbing-bank-suspected-in-2-others-20111205,0,6894572.story

The news story has been updated to include the location of the suspected bank robber - from the article:

Charlene M. Troop, 23, of the 1400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue, was charged after she allegedly walked into the bank about 3:45 p.m. on Friday, used a note to imply she had a weapon, and left the bank on foot, according to a release from the Berwyn Police Department.

I believe it was 1404 Kenilworth(to be specific) from what I remember hearing on the scanner. The car she was driving was registered to her address.
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR