News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Salerno's on Grove

Started by viktor, December 27, 2011, 01:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

The New Buffalo location was pretty good,there service was also good considering we were with a rather large group,including grandchildren.Next time I'll make sure we hit Stop 50 we always like to try different places.

pcm1112

Make a reservation...and enjoy.  On this snowy evening I'm relishing the thought of a day at the beach followed by a pizza & some vino there. 

berwyn senator

That's my kind of day!!!!

berwynguy

Quote from: berwyn senator on January 20, 2012, 07:01:52 PM
Villa Nova is in Stickney on 39Th. and maybe Grove,ever since the original owner died,its a roll of the dice as to how the pizza will be.They have one in New Buffalo Michigan,a little more consistent

Chicago outfit boss "Pizza Al" Tornabene.  Here is a piece done by Chuck Goudie from Channel 7 News:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6819520
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

menace2society

What's a "well done" pizza?

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on January 20, 2012, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on January 20, 2012, 02:43:58 PM
Word has it that Salerno's will reopen in some sort of merger with Brando's at the Brando's location. We shall see.
Now theres a real recipe for disaster!

hahahaha...that's not the ONLY disaster on Windsor.

The Jackal

Speaking of all things Italian, can any of the BTF experts identify any of the below:

pcm1112

2nd from left.  Didn't he do time (along with his father) for some financial malfeasance connected to Cicero & Betty's administration?

pcm1112

Quote from: menace2society on January 20, 2012, 09:58:11 PM
What's a "well done" pizza?
It's just cooked another 5 minutes or more to make the crust crisper and give the cheese a nice patina.  I've only ordered thin crust this way.  It is most excellent.

While we're on pizza, I happen to love D'Amato's over on Grand and May.  An entirely different kind if pie....pizza done by a bakery.  I stop for a slice whenever I'm in the neighborhood.

The Jackal

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2012, 05:50:21 AM
2nd from left.  Didn't he do time (along with his father) for some financial malfeasance connected to Cicero & Betty's administration?

Ding Ding Ding...we have a partial winner!

pcm1112

Wait a second, Jackal....where the hell did you get that photo?!?!?!?!? (and why do you have it?)

The Jackal

Hahahahaha......tell me who the other three guys are and I'll tell you where I got the photo. I know one of them, for sure..the tall one.

pcm1112

Maybe we should do this over a beer.  I'm a bit concerned about naming names! 😜😜😜....although I must say I think he's the only one I can identify.  If only the names were a bit clearer.  When in the mid to late 80's is this from?

berwynguy

Looks Like Mike Spano.

Pat I believe that photo's from a Morton West year book.
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Juliet

That picture brought me back, circa late 70's, early 80's SFR and Morton East HS.  Wow...
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

pcm1112

Quote from: berwynguy on January 21, 2012, 07:16:23 PM

Looks Like Mike Spano.

Pat I believe that photo's from a Morton West year book.
Hmmmm....thought Spano was a Friar.

The Jackal

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2012, 07:08:26 PM
Maybe we should do this over a beer.  I'm a bit concerned about naming names! ....although I must say I think he's the only one I can identify.  If only the names were a bit clearer.  When in the mid to late 80's is this from?

Has to be 1983 or before.

The guy second from left has been incorrectly identified (he's the OLDER brother)..and he graduated in '83. The one on the far left had an uncle who was a Lt. with BPD with the same last name, and he also has a twin brother. I want to see if anyone can name the other two.

The Jackal

Quote from: Juliet on January 21, 2012, 08:02:20 PM
That picture brought me back, circa late 70's, early 80's SFR and Morton East HS.  Wow...

These guys are from West (Maple pool), not East, and the oldest graduated in '83.

pcm1112

Right, Spano was class of 87

The Jackal

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2012, 08:20:45 PM
Right, Spano was class of 87

The YOUNGER one was. The OLDER one was class of '83. The older brother was shorter and stockier.