News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Salerno's on Grove

Started by viktor, December 27, 2011, 01:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Quote from: The Jackal on January 24, 2012, 07:32:30 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on January 21, 2012, 02:27:21 AM
Speaking of all things Italian, can any of the BTF experts identify any of the below:

I thought this was taken in front of MW, but after a second look, I'm not so sure. I am, however, pretty sure that the guy on the far right is one of my closest friends..and the only one of the four not to attend MW. The guy second from the right has initials AD, I'm fairly certain.

Question is, can anyone identify the guy looking back with the glasses. Should be EASY for longtime Berwyn "experts"...a household name in the area.

Correction.

The guy on far right is NOT one of my closest friends and he DID attend MW. I was right on the money with who the second guy from the right was, though.

And YES, this IS on Home Avenue right in front of MW.

NYWREB

According to Brando's Facebook Page:

Our Facebook Fans heard it first! Brando's Beef is proud to announce Salerno's Pizza (formerly on Grove Ave.) will be partnering with us.

They are now located in our restaurant and starting today at 4 p.m. you can begin ordering this delicious pizza for pick-up and delivery. Please note when ordering a pizza use Salerno's phone number: (708) 484-3400.

Stay tuned for our new menu featuring Brando's Beef, Salerno's Pizza and some yummy new items! Thank you for your patience as we transition into this delicious endeavor.

justme

Quote from: NYWREB on January 27, 2012, 01:46:28 PM

Our Facebook Fans heard it first! Brando's Beef is proud to announce Salerno's Pizza (formerly on Grove Ave.) will be partnering with us.

They are now located in our restaurant and starting today at 4 p.m. you can begin ordering this delicious pizza for pick-up and delivery. Please note when ordering a pizza use Salerno's phone number: (708) 484-3400.

Stay tuned for our new menu featuring Brando's Beef, Salerno's Pizza and some yummy new items! Thank you for your patience as we transition into this delicious endeavor.

God help us

Ted

Quote from: NYWREB on January 27, 2012, 01:46:28 PM

Is that a first for Salerno's - delivering pizza?   Or did they do pizza delivery previously?

Juliet

I think it speaks favorably for the owner of Brando's to let another business use his kitchen/restaurant space.  Let's cut the guy a break.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Peridot 16

Quote from: Juliet on January 28, 2012, 10:09:34 AM
I think it speaks favorably for the owner of Brando's to let another business use his kitchen/restaurant space.  Let's cut the guy a break.

Agree! Salerno's always had delivery.

pkd50

Must have been something new.  They didn't deliver when I lived in Berwyn.  The one on Grand delivers in the Loop

pcm1112

I agree, they did not always deliver.

tlcnurse

The one on 16th street never delivered. They always said they never had to the pick-up was always busy.

whitesoxfan

Salerno's did not always deliver. The Oak Park one may have started delivering when they were actually on the Berwyn side of Roosevelt. When I opened Food Taxi in 1996, I approached the owners on 16th street and was honestly told " do you realize how many drivers you would have to have going at one time to deliver our Pizza's? We're busy enough." So they weren't even interested in doing delivery back then. I do know that the Grove one was delivering since the day Arnie opened.
Please visit the Garv Inn on Facebook

The Jackal

I don't think the Home Avenue location delivered either, although I may be mistaken. I DO remember there being a pick up window/door right by the alley on Home Avenue that was ALWAYS busy.

tlcnurse

I worked there in high school & they did not deliver as well. The only ones that ever delivered was the ones owned by Joe & Arnie.

Peridot 16

Jeez, sorry for the confusion. I was responding to delivery at Salerno's on Grove.

The Jackal

Wouldn't be surprised if something opens in the old Salerno's spot within the next two-three weeks.

Berwyn Patsy

Come on now Jac, you mean your going to make us all wait 2/3 weeks?  This so like you! Lol!

The Jackal

Patience is a virtue Patsy...!!! LOL!!!!

buzz

Island of Lost Souls Pet Shop
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

whitesoxfan

No that wouldn't suprise me either. I would feel BLUE if it didn't.
Please visit the Garv Inn on Facebook

scottymac

Quote from: The Jackal on January 24, 2012, 07:32:30 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on January 21, 2012, 02:27:21 AM
Speaking of all things Italian, can any of the BTF experts identify any of the below:

I thought this was taken in front of MW, but after a second look, I'm not so sure. I am, however, pretty sure that the guy on the far right is one of my closest friends..and the only one of the four not to attend MW. The guy second from the right has initials AD, I'm fairly certain.

Question is, can anyone identify the guy looking back with the glasses. Should be EASY for longtime Berwyn "experts"...a household name in the area.

I thought Jim Peterik for a second, but too short and too young I think.

The Jackal

Jim Peterik?

The photo is from 1982-3.