Easter Sunday= Good Christians ?

Started by SimplyBerwyn, April 09, 2012, 08:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimplyBerwyn

So I go to Easter Sunday services yesterday and this is my story. I am not a holy roller by any means but I do believe in God and support my faith (up to a point).  Every "Good Christian" came out yesterday for their semi-annual trek to make themselves feel better and proclaim the "Word of the Lord".

I am kneeling in the pew, praying before the mass begins and I feel the presence of a man (no it wasn't Jesus) standing next to me.  Now, mind you, I am sitting near the back of the church at the very end of the pew.  I stand up to let the man and his family of four (all adult age) get by me to sit in the pew and he tells me to get up and move, I was sitting in his seat. Now, I ususally don't sit in that part of my church but yesterday being such a popular day to be seen in church, I had to sit elsewhere.

He told me that he hadn't seen me in the church before and I should move, as this was his seat in the church.  I asked him if GOD had assigned seating in the church.  He said, in front of his family-"Look asshole, just fucking move so we can sit down and pray".  I wished him and his family a most wonderful Easter and respectfully, I would not move.

The story does not end there, as I left church and walked to my car parked down the street about 2 blocks away, I met up again with this Good Christian at the crosswalk.

He and his whole family flipped me off and drove away laughing.  I must have missed that part of the "Word of the Lord" during the sermon.

Hope everybody had as wonderful an Easter as I did.

He is Risen-indeed!

Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

jfrickind

"Religious" people have killed religion.

JD

dukesdad

exPROPer

Interestingly, I had the same thing happen a couple months ago on Metra when I took a seat that belonged to/was "owned" by another rider.  She said the seat was hers and since she'd never seen me on the train before I couldn't possibly sit there.  I refused to move and had a most uncomfortable ride back to Berwyn with this nutcase talking under her breath and cursing me out the whole way home.  Unfortuantely, no conductor came by. 

Maybe she was part of this mass going unChristian family you encountered.

sheldar

How apropos?

http://www.umportal.org/main/article.asp?id=8746...

QuoteThe Rev. Tom Tate is always looking for an arresting, welcoming "non-churchy" message to put on the sign outside Rose City Park United Methodist Church in Portland, Oregon.

This week he connected in a big way with "GOD PREFERS KIND ATHEISTS OVER HATEFUL CHRISTIANS."

OakParkSpartan

I'd be inclined to take their photo and post the story on FaceBook.  Let people know that that kind of behavior is not tolerated. 

Or, take the photo and then go talk to the priest at the church.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 09, 2012, 10:42:34 AM
I'd be inclined to take their photo and post the story on FaceBook.  Let people know that that kind of behavior is not tolerated. 

Or, take the photo and then go talk to the priest at the church.

I don't make a habit of taking a camera nor my cellphone into church.  Would hate to forget to silence it, only to have it go off during the sermon and have the priest-tell everybody "God seems to be calling one of our parishioners".  ;D

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

SimplyBerwyn

Happy Easter to all of the Eastern Orthodox people today!