News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Cheap Trick Museum?

Started by scungili, January 27, 2012, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scungili

Well, not just a museum ... also a restaurant & concert venue near Michigan Ave. & Cermak.  Apparently there's been alot goin' on (behind the scenes) in Chicago's "Motor Row" / "Record Row" area.  A new El stop ... new entertainment zoning ... new venues ...

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-celebrates-music-history-revived-zone-182527602.html

mustang54

Thanks for posting this! Chicago should start its own music hall of fame. There would be no lack of performers to put in. We have had probably as many artists and groups as any city in the country. Cheap Trick,Styx,Reo,Survivor,Chicago,The Buckinghams,Cryan Shames,Shadows Of Night,American Breed,Grassroots,Ides of March, The New Colony Six,Smashing Pumpkins,Enuff Z Nuff,Disturbed,Chaka Khan,the list goes on and on. And I didn't even mention any blues greats or individuals like Jonathan Cain from Journeyand The Babys or Ray Manzarek from The Doors. I think it would be a huge tourist attraction.

pkd50

Speaking of blues.  Does anybody go to the Harlem Ave. Lounge?  I haven't been there in years, and I mean many years.  At one time, they had great blues bands and the place was always packed.

scottymac

Cheap Trick - greatest song ever - Surrender. They deserve all the accolades.

Harlem Ave - just talking to my friend Dave tonight at Cigars & Stripes. I was lamenting the fact that I had not been to Harlem in awhile. Used to frequent there to see "Pistol Pete" and (now) Berwyn's own Joanna Connor. Pistol Pete is an amazing player that does his own originals, but will cover the gamut from Vai, Hendrix, Vaughn. He wails, and so does Joanna.

Do yourself a favor and get in there. My friend told me to check out the open-mic jams there on Thursdays (no cover). He said nothing has changed there as far as talent and ambiance. I think it's still only about $3 for a domestic too.

scottymac

Shit!! Joanna Connor played last night (Friday).

Go check her out. I'll admit, I used to never be a fan of girl guitar players, but she can play slide as well as the big boys!!

She wails!!