News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Community Supported Agriculture

Started by psychomom, March 30, 2012, 08:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychomom

Has anybody participated in this? One of my favorite stores, Green Home Experts, is going to be a delivery location for Montalbano Farms. Sounds very tempting.

http://ghexperts.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/montalbano-farms-is-coming-to-ghe-2/

"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

OakParkSpartan

We did Angelic Organics a few years back.  Our experience was that you need to be able to eat a LOT of veggies...every week they come at you, and not just normal stuff (Khoralbi anyone?).  I'd say a good value if you have a large family or are vegetarian.  If we were to do it again, I'd split a box with someone.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

psychomom

Thanks, OPS, that's what I was thinking. My daughter and I are vegetarians, and I would be splitting it with my sister who lives in Oak Park.  When you break down the weekly cost it is not bad at all, probably less than what we spend at the store!
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

Terri

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 30, 2012, 09:42:50 AM
We did Angelic Organics a few years back.  Our experience was that you need to be able to eat a LOT of veggies...every week they come at you, and not just normal stuff (Khoralbi anyone?).  I'd say a good value if you have a large family or are vegetarian.  If we were to do it again, I'd split a box with someone.

Khoralbi is hard to find around here, it's great in stews and soups.  Did you use it?