News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

From MarkBerwyn

Started by Ted, April 11, 2012, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Need to encourage discussion on a topic? Start with an uncredited, long quote about something, followed by intemperate questions in boldface and all-caps. Always works!

jake

It is not what Mark said (is it ever?), but the speed at which he said it.  Four (!!!) posts in under 2 minutes.  That has got to be a record.

Quote from: markberwyn on April 28, 2012, 06:21:12 AM
Why can't we have the 5 percent GDP growth rate the U.S. had at the end of the "Bush economy"? Terrible!
Quote from: markberwyn on April 28, 2012, 06:21:39 AM
I think it was 5 percent growth at the end of the Bush economy. Somebody should look it up.
Quote from: markberwyn on April 28, 2012, 06:22:24 AM
Can you imagine the amazing growth rate we would have under a McCain economy? Things would be different for so many reasons!

Quote from: markberwyn on April 28, 2012, 06:22:52 AM
I'm sure economists know what those reasons are. They're just not saying.

Ted

(This space reserved for the PhotoShop image I'm working on of a bald eagle with a tear running down one eye reading a newspaper with the headline, "GDP Increases.")

berwyn senator

jake

Quote from: Ted on April 28, 2012, 10:58:25 AM

(This space reserved for the PhotoShop image I'm working on of a bald eagle with a tear running down one eye reading a newspaper with the headline, "DEBT Increases.")

...oh wait, that is Lady Liberty.  Sorry.

Ted

When in doubt, use jargon and mockery.

Ted

I don't think Osama Bin Laden is getting enough credit here for his role in the raid. Without Osama Bin Laden, there would have been no Osama Bin Laden to take out!

I mean, when you *really* get down to it, Osama Bin Laden pretty much killed himself, right?

Ted

On Eno's math in calculating the employment number under Obama:

There are millions in our cemeteries today who are just laying around, doing nothing, giving up on finding work after the Bush recession. Another tragic mass of unemployed workers

Unemployment rate of Civil War veterans: 100 percent. Why does Obama hate our fighting forces?

Ted

And while I might have called myself "bonified" when I was 13 and came across a Playboy, since then I've understood the distinction between that made-up word and "bona fide."

Ted

The Life can, with the help of local residents, assemble a committee of informed citizens who can be consulted on questions relating to civic history and the family relationships of civic leaders. The Life's Intelligent Citizen Experts (LICE) will be called whenever these situations come up: ...

Additional printing expenses associated with blowing the press deadline will be absorbed by a special fund set up by LICE and supporters of its mission ("Friends of LICE").