News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

BEWARE IGS Energy

Started by Boris, April 13, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

I just had a salesman for IGS Energy at my door. He had an ID tag around his neck, and a folder full of paperwork that had a ComEd logo on it. He quickly explained that he was here to help me lower my ComEd bill and "that he was authorized by ComEd" to do so.

It took me asking him 3 times if he actually worked for ComEd, and finally he said "no". At which point I sent him on his way.

Here's more info in the Oak Park news:

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/02-03-2012/Oak_Park_warns_of_'fraudulent'_energy_providers
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Homebody

Thanks for posting this. Any one who wants to sell door to door in Berwyn has to get a permit from the city Collector's office. Their sales agents have to have badges that say they can solicit in Berwyn. Selling door to door without the permit is against the law. Please call the police and report the sales person. Give the police a description of the sales person and/their vehicle if you can.

OakParkSpartan

Didn't the Mayor do away with the the Collector position?  Or did they just keep the name?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

SimplyBerwyn

I've been plagued with called from IGS and other energy companies, not only on my house phone, but on my cellphone too.

UGH!
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

Homebody

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 13, 2012, 05:59:32 PM
Didn't the Mayor do away with the the Collector position?  Or did they just keep the name?

Yes, the appointed position of "Collector" has not been filled by Mayor Lovero. However, the department is still there. It is overseen by the Finance Director.

Diona

I believe we had 1 of those people in the apartment complex a couple months back.  My downstairs neighbor called me quick & warned me that this woman was coming up & going to try to help me lower my ComEd bill.  The woman comes up & right away starts talking to me, basically saying that she was in the processing of getting me set up.

I told her in no uncertain terms that she should NOT be knocking on the doors here & also, if she hooks me up with anything with out my permission I was going to sue her 6 ways from Sunday.  She said sorry & practically ran down the stairs to get out of the building.

I don't really like ComEd much, but don't try to bum rush me in to any kind of sales pitches & then "hook me up" without my permission.

Crunchie

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on April 14, 2012, 02:16:48 PM
I've been plagued with called from IGS and other energy companies, not only on my house phone, but on my cellphone too.

UGH!
Yup, those jags call me at least a couple time every month. And my number is on the "Do not call" list, for what it's worth. Which apparently isn't much.

sheldar

Just got a visit from one of these people. Just told him I wasn't interested.