News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Bush AND Bush Stump Removal

Started by seebee, May 05, 2012, 10:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seebee

Had 2 fir trees that kind looked maybe like arborvaete (sp?) cross between a tree and a bush. They were about 8 ft tall. One of them got busted in a storm, so we chopped them both down. Need stumps removed. Not big or anything like a major tree stump. Also, have some short fir-ish looking bushes that have to go as well. Anyone know who can get rid of these smallish stumps, and also these bushes (with their stumps as well?) Just need someone that is smart enough to not ruin the pipes - one stump and bush is near some pipes - front of the house. Ready to pay someone to get this crap gone. Shouldn't be a huge deal, the stumps of the bigger tree/bush things are probably under 8 inches in diameter.

seebee

Estimate 1: 250.00
Estimate 2: 80.00
I told each estimator to call me when they figured out their schedule and could tell me what day they could do it. The 80.00 guy showed up the next day and just did it. Cleaned up the weeds in the flower beds for 40 bucks too.
Guillen Landscaping on Oak Park Avenue. (708) 574-3852. Pretty sure I'd call them back for anything else.

The 250.00 guy called me a week later to set up a time.

psychomom

4 bushes in front of house and stump removal:

Estimate 1: $475

Estimate 2: Guillen Landscaping: $130 ....got estimate Monday, did job Tuesday am...just finished...2 guys worked their butts off and laid down new topsoil.708-574-3852

"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

Tuttles

I'm going to save this information!  When we bought our house, I got some estimates to have the 3 bushes removed out front.  $600 was waaaay too much for my bugdet then and now. I keep them neatly trimmed and learned to live with them -but it's good to know there may be an affordable option for me.  Thanks for sharing!

psychomom

I tried to give them each $20 afterwards, and all they would take was $20 and said they would split it!
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: psychomom on June 25, 2013, 11:18:51 AM
4 bushes in front of house and stump removal:

Estimate 1: $475

Estimate 2: Guillen Landscaping: $130 ....got estimate Monday, did job Tuesday am...just finished...2 guys worked their butts off and laid down new topsoil.708-574-3852
We used Guillen last year and were very pleased with their price and their work - would recommend them.

watcher

Sr. could conceivably run again, but doubtful. The Stump is a ignominious footnote.

Damn, I wish we'd known about Guillen c. 1988.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Ted

Quote from: watcher on June 27, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
Sr. could conceivably run again, but doubtful. The Stump is a ignominious footnote.

Damn, I wish we'd known about Guillen c. 1988.

:)