Berwyn Rising: 2 Shot 1200 Block East Ave This Evening

Started by HKay, May 11, 2012, 10:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwynguy

Quote from: Ted on May 15, 2012, 04:37:07 PM
Outing someone is the height of bullying.

I already answered your question - D201 was just as much a cesspool 20 years ago as it is today.

And I still think that that post is the best post ever on BTF.

Ted, this is getting more and more serious and I am getting more irritated. 

What exactly did you mean with that bolded statement?  Are you trying to tie my "outing" Mark Berwyn's identity with someone outing someones sexual orientation?  Are you fucking serious here?  You are picking the WRONG guy for all of that.  Pick on one of your political debate partners here on BTF who hate gays.  I am NOT that person.  Knock your petty bullshit off. 

Brian, do I have to sit here and put up with this shit as this guy ties me in with this hot button social crap?
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

berwynguy

Quote from: Ted on May 15, 2012, 04:37:07 PM
Outing someone is the height of bullying.

I already answered your question - D201 was just as much a cesspool 20 years ago as it is today.

And I still think that that post is the best post ever on BTF.

You DIDN'T answer my question Ted.  Don't bother, you have already exposed yourself enough for one day.  After your posts here, people have got your number pal. 

Ted

Yes, I did answer your question.  20 years ago, D201 was just as much of a cesspool as it is today.  That post is symptomatic of the problems that have existed in D201 for decades. Its heartfelt rendering of the symptomatic problems that have existed in D201 for decades make it the best post ever. 

Roger

He won't answer your question because the truthful answer makes him look ridiculous.

markberwyn

Wait, just so I'm clear: Is berwynguy the same person who wished he could live a "normal life" in Berwyn but couldn't because blacks and Hispanics live there?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on May 15, 2012, 05:59:21 PM
Wait, just so I'm clear: Is berwynguy the same person who wished he could live a "normal life" in Berwyn but couldn't because blacks and Hispanics live there?

BerwynGuy used to log on under the name HvyChev and then logged on under the name Bohemian.

He's the guy who outed you (with much apparent glee, if I remember correctly).

I don't know if he ever made that comment.  You might be thinking of someone else.

Ted

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2012, 05:45:24 PM
He won't answer your question because the truthful answer makes him look ridiculous.

Nah, it is the truth.  You and the other patronage workers in D201 just can't handle the truth.

Roger

Truth is something you NEVER deal in.  By the way, I am not a patronage worker.  That won't stop you from referring to me as one.

Ted

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2012, 06:11:45 PM
...  By the way, I am not a patronage worker.  That won't stop you from referring to me as one.

What's your definition of a patronage worker?  It appears to be different than mine.

Roger

My definition is a person who is hired to do a job due to his political affiliation or for giving financial support or campaining for someone running for public office.  What is your definition?

berwynguy

Quote from: markberwyn on May 15, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

Ah, it's Mr. Race baiter himself!  I knew you wouldn't disappoint!

Wow, markberwyn's big "gotcha" moment.  An "outing" if you will.  I will save him the trouble, here's the original post:

Quote from: markberwyn on October 23, 2006, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: bohemian on October 23, 2006, 03:54:50 PM
I along with other posters I am sure, am not concerned with the "feelings" of African Americans and others who may be reading this board when we have some very serious issues that may involve an influx of African Americans and Hispanics to our city that could potentially affect the values of our homes and the safety of our families.  I would rather live a normal life than deal with these issues but unfortunately that just can't happen.

Wow.

Read the thread for context, but the "issues" that were not allowing me to lead a normal life I was talking about were effected property values and safety in Berwyn.  Both prophecies have unfortunately come to pass six years later.  You be the judge in the aftermath. 

This is actually a good transition back to the original topic of this thread: Two more shot in Berwyn.  I stick by what I said.  Whether you are black, hispanic, or white and want to shoot, maim, rob, steal, litter up the neighborhood, blast your music at all hours of the night, intimidate with your pit bull, whatever, I am sure that you will not be welcomed with open arms here by many people.  Decent people shouldn't have to put up with this crap.   

markberwyn

OK. Yes, by all means you should continue to be an ambassador for the virtues of a 90s Morton education.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwynguy

Quote from: markberwyn on May 15, 2012, 06:44:01 PM
OK. Yes, by all means you should continue to be an ambassador for the virtues of a 90s Morton education.

Hi Mark!  I just had one little question for you.  I was wondering how someone as "tolerant" as yourself made it through Lyons, a hot bed for brothels, bikers, hillbillies, and racists.  I was just curious how you wound up so clean on the other side?  Did you ever use the "n-word" Mark?  How about any of your Lyons buddies?  Did you sit them down at the swinging bridge and set them straight on the evils of racism and bigotry?  Just curious.

watcher

Quote from: justme on May 14, 2012, 03:21:59 PM
Berwyn, IL —

Two men have been charged with attempted murder as a result of Friday night's shooting near the intersection of 13th Street and East Avenue that sent two to the hospital.

According to police sources, Shawn Cassell, 24, of Forest Park, and Jonathan Morales, 23, of Cicero, have both been charged with two counts each of attempted murder.

Officers allege that Cassell sprang out from behind a tree about 9:47 p.m. Friday, yelled about his affiliation with an area street gang, and shot two victims. One 28-year-old victim was shot once in the leg, and a 29-year-old suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Although the .32-caliber semi-automatic pistol used in the shooting has not yet been recovered, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office approved the four felony charges.

According to a police statement, further criminal charges could be forthcoming.

FWIW, Shawn Cassell is a MW product; NOT Forest Park.
https://www.facebook.com/shawn.cassell.14?sk=wall
Shawn Cassell
Bak on the wall ski mask on gun in hand bout to go get it
Share · May 10 at 9:07pm via mobile · shared public

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

justme

Wow his Facebook wall made my head hurt .This is how all of the kids spell these days too...oh wait, isn't he in his early 20's? What a waste of air. But he was working on " gettingg his batchlers in applied science for counstrution  manigment." And he has a kid who will probably wind up like his father now.

watcher

Quote from: justme on May 15, 2012, 07:29:38 PM
Wow his Facebook wall made my head hurt .This is how all of the kids spell these days too...oh wait, isn't he in his early 20's? What a waste of air.

It gets worse. Dumber?
http://youtu.be/EWNNnafWL50

35th & Clinton? Isn't that South Berwyn?
Posting pictures/videos posing with weapons? Victims?
How proud the parents must be.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

SimplyBerwyn

I hope there are BPD officers who read BTF and maybe they will recognize some of these idiots!  Perhaps, there are people who are on here and they recognize these idiots and report them to the authorities.

Wonder how mommy and daddy will feel about their little darlings as they get arrested and thrown in jail.  How will they deal with having to put up their homes for security to get the "honor students" out on bail?  They are all good kids and honor students, right?
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

justme

I wonder if the video could be forwarded to the BPD via email? Several pictures were taken in an attic and all I could think of was that they were probably living in one of those single family homes that had 100 people living in it. I could have sworn that I heard something  awhile back about You Tube pulling gang videos if alerted by police. This may have been something just thrown around though.

Mustang84

Quote from: Ted on May 15, 2012, 08:45:11 AM
Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2012, 08:39:55 AM
Mustang84:   Ted loves to start a huge percentage of his posts with "you're wrong."   Everyone is wrong except Ted. lol.  He bashes the district non stop for 1 reason and 1 reason only...  he is a wannabe school board member who has no chance of ever getting on the board.  He is the poster child for "poor sport."

You're also wrong, Roger.  I have no desire to sit on the board.

Ted, I am confused. No desire to sit on the board? I SWEAR i saw your name on a ballot as well as on Mark Titzers signs running for the school board.

Nevertheless, I find it somewhat disappointing that you have become the type of person you have become.

I also find it humorous that you allege that any one who disagrees with you is either a DCOB'r or a patronage worker in 201. I am neither. I have no "friends" on the Board of Education but i will admit to having friends who work in the district as teachers as well as other jobs. I do have a great deal of beliefs on making Berwyn better and I have expressed those here on this forum. I challenge you and others when I believe that things have been inaccurate or falsehoods, as well as offering alternative schools of thought, asking others to ponder other lines of thought. But just because i disagree does not mean I am in "cahoots" with the evil DCOB or a patronage worker whose "friends" are ruining the high school and the City. I merely express my opinion which is what a forum is for. additionally, I have asked my friends who do work in the district and are proud of what they do for kids when I have a question because they have better insight than most of us on what is going on. I have found that there is a ton of misinformation about our schools as well as our city, most perpetuated by people who have political agendas while all the time expousing the evils of politics, much like the guy whose  name appeared on the ballot and those campaign signs.....

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: berwynguy on May 15, 2012, 02:35:57 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 15, 2012, 01:11:48 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on May 15, 2012, 12:27:23 PM
I was just running down in my head, trying to think of other BTF'ers that actually attended MW at least in the past quarter of a century.  The only one I can think of is Shelly who I know graduated from there in 19XX, the same year as my sister.  (I only know this because I still have the graduation program and I saw her name on it.  Interestingly, I graduated in 1996 with Shelly's other sister.) 

So I just wanted to ask Shelly, attending Morton West when you did, (a time that Ted mentions), do you agree with that persons assessment of Morton West?  Was there a "stigma" attached to anyone that attended the school?  Did people ridicule you and ask "if you could read" when you encountered other kids from different communities/schools?  Most importantly, do you feel that having attended Morton West made it difficult for you to attend other colleges?  Did you have some random admissions person ask you the ridiculous question of "Do you think you could get in here? I mean, we don't get many kids from your school here. This is a tough school..."

Shelly, I actually don't expect you to answer because I know you are friends with Ted and don't want him to have any egg on his face, but I really hope you do for all the fair minded people that post or read here and deserve to know if that horrible experience by that other person was the norm as Ted suggests.  (If Ted didn't think it was the norm he wouldn't have posted it and called it the "best post ever on BTF," as if what that person wrote is gospel.

About all we can conclude is that you did not attend the same college and live on the same floor as he did.  Nor did you witness what he experienced, nor in all likelihood did Shelley.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Just means you had different experiences.

Then using your logic, this was ONE persons experience that the poster had with other kids on sports teams, AND college administrators, AND college class/dorm mates, AND neighbors, etc, etc.  This is NOT the norm for 99% of MW students despite that persons post being "the best ever on BTF."

With that said, this didn't happen to me or ANYONE of my friends or family that attended Morton West.  Here's yet ANOTHER true story.  My little sister attended Morton West and graduated in the middle of the last decade.  She is graduating from Concordia College in River Forest THIS SATURDAY with her BA.  Two weeks ago she received her acceptance letter from Roosevelt University where she's going to immediately attend grad school as a history major.  Not at ANY time did she experience any sort of stigma because she attended Morton West.  Once again, WE attended Morton West, you did NOT.

Maybe that is why you don't understand reasoning.

The other posted spoke about his experience.  Yours is different.  Did you or your friends attend UofI?  Live in the dorms?

Because you and your sister didn't experience any stigma doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

As Ted points out, lots of people move because of Morton.  Seems to me that would indicate people are not confusing it with New Trier.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato