News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Berwyn Images of America

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, July 26, 2005, 07:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

Has anyone purchased this book? I just saw it today at Walgreens....

Lots of pictures....my kinda book.... but was there anything interesting worth the $15 bucks
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

OakParkSpartan

Good book.  Buy it from the historical society, it will help support them (they buy at wholesale prices).

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

hvychev

Guy, the book is VERY good! I have read it cover to cover at least 10 times now! Some of us here were at the book signing and it was a great time. I hope the book sells well so Doug can write a part 2 for the Berwyn edition. I have even shared my collection with him and he wants to add some if it so I am keeping my fingers crossed! 8)

marysol_21

Yes, lovely images. I bought it this week at Costco. Who knew? Someone should post the bathroom image...(Ill check the page for that one) for Aimee, Art, and Bru who have tile questions about a true vintage style bathroom.   

Ana

I purchased the book.  I pre-ordered way back from Amazon.com.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

mom

They have a lot of great books on different neighborhoods throughout the country. I have several of them and am looking for the out of print book on Cicero. Their website is: arcadiapublishing.com
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.