News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

CC Agenda-7/10/2012

Started by Ted, July 08, 2012, 07:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwynguy

You're boring Mark.  Go and troll some other board that's based in Washington D.C.   
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 05:12:14 PM
You're boring Mark.  Go and troll some other board that's based in Washington D.C.

"troll"
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

OakParkSpartan

Apparently my message that personal attacks need to be stopped has been forgotten.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markberwyn

At least spell the name of the person you're attacking right.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 03:03:08 PM
For the others out there who STILL don't get it after all these years, I have some homework for you.  I know that some of you moved here from bum fuck where ever where the politics were supposedly as clean as a whistle.  This may come as a shock to you, but "corrupt" politics didn't originate in Berwyn.  Your idols that run the Democratic Party have been taught by a LONG line of masters at a game that isn't for the faint of heart.  If you want to educate yourself on how this all started and continued over the past 140 years read these books in THIS order.  These books sure opened up my eyes. 

Lords of the Levee, 1943, Authors: Herman Kogan and Lloyd Wendt

Boss Cermak of Chicago; A Study of Political Leadership, 1962, Author: Alex Gottfried

Boss, Richard J. Daley of Chicago, 1972, Author: Mike Royko

Clout, Mayor Daley and His City, 1975, Author: Len O'Connor

It's a bit weird to browbeat people into reading these books and then deliver regular harangues about how nuthin' matters and what if it did, and how people should just shut up about trying to change the system. I think you've profoundly misread these books if that's what you've taken from them. I do hope people read Royko's "Boss," but ignore the lunkheaded interpretation that's being applied to it here.

For those who might like a book on Chicago that was written in the past three decades, I'd recommend Gary Krist's "City of Scoundrels," about 12 days in the life of Chicago in 1919, particularly the race riots. It's still an open question whether Richard J. Daley participated in the riots at the time, but he was a member of one of the Bridgeport gangs that beat up black people. I think history proves that important changes have happened since then, but if you're the kind of person who reads books of Chicago history and then agitates about how nothing changes, shut up, stop complaining, I have to wonder how much you privately wish that outsiders of all kinds get their heads tap-danced on. I'd wonder if you're a person who's a little immature, a little undereducated, and a lot scared.

berwynguy

I'm sorry, but your tired boring race stirring liberal bullshit is probably not going to get a bunch of support here.  I have a sneaking suspicion that many people here don't sympathize with you. 

I asked a question a while back that you avoided.  I will ask it again because I met a couple of guys.......well, I'll just let you answer.

I was wondering how someone as "tolerant" as yourself made it through Lyons, a hot bed for brothels, bikers, hillbillies, and racists.  I was just curious how you wound up so clean on the other side?  Did you ever use the "n-word" Mark?  How about any of your Lyons buddies?  Did you sit them down at the swinging bridge and set them straight on the evils of racism and bigotry?  Just curious.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:11:14 PM
I'm sorry, but your tired boring race stirring liberal bullshit is probably not going to get a bunch of support here.  I have a sneaking suspicion that many people here don't sympathize with you. 

So? If people didn't sympathize with me, I wouldn't find it particularly indicative of anything.

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:11:14 PM
I asked a question a while back that you avoided.  I will ask it again because I met a couple of guys.......well, I'll just let you answer.

I was wondering how someone as "tolerant" as yourself made it through Lyons, a hot bed for brothels, bikers, hillbillies, and racists.  I was just curious how you wound up so clean on the other side?  Did you ever use the "n-word" Mark?  How about any of your Lyons buddies?  Did you sit them down at the swinging bridge and set them straight on the evils of racism and bigotry?  Just curious.

I didn't ignore the question. I just recognized this "question" for what it was---an unhappy person projecting his who-gives-a-shit unhappiness with life on me by implying that there's no possible way to rise above where one was raised. Just because you couldn't pull it off doesn't mean I feel obligated to help you feel better about it.

berwynguy

Mark, Mark, Mark.  Please just answer the question. 

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:17:20 PM
Mark, Mark, Mark.  Please just answer the question. 

I'm not here to help you feel better about yourself.

berwynguy

Veryyyyyyy interesting.  Thank you Mark.  I think BTF readers got their answer. 

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:20:14 PM
Veryyyyyyy interesting.  Thank you Mark.  I think BTF readers got their answer.

Ah yes, I remember this: When you lose an argument on BTF, you imagine hordes of people agreeing with you, but keeping it to themselves.

berwynguy

Now, here's the big question.  Is the administrator going to swoop in and defend me?  He asked that personal attacks stop, and we have an individual who trolled his way into a thread and leveled several personal attacks at me including:

I have half a brain.

I'm a "lunkhead"

I'm "an unhappy person"

I'm "a person who's a little immature, a little undereducated, and a lot scared."

And my personal favorite....(drumroll)....I'm a RACIST.  (The liberals equivalent to calling somebody a caca head.  That's how effective that term has become.)  When you lost your ability to disprove someones point, and all else fails, call them a racist.  An accusation that is 1,000,000 miles away from what the original topic was about. 

In a part of this thread I expressed my frustration with local politics and cited a few books that someone can read to learn how this whole twisted web evolved and I'm a RACIST. (Oh, and Mark says that Mayor Daley was a racist as well.  Afterall, he was a member of the Hamburg Club and lived in Bridgeport during the 1919 race riot so he's a racist.)

So Brian, were any of Mark's personal attacks called for? 

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:32:47 PM

And my personal favorite....(drumroll)....I'm a RACIST.  (The liberals equivalent to calling somebody a caca head.  That's how effective that term has become.)  When you lost your ability to disprove someones point, and all else fails, call them a racist.  An accusation that is 1,000,000 miles away from what the original topic was about. 

You're the guy who said you can't live a normal life because you see black people at the North Riverside Park Mall, right?

markberwyn

Let's all take a moment to savor the notion of a person who lectures this board about life being unfair complain about how he's being treated unfairly.

berwynguy

Oh, I forgot to mention that the charge of racism was leveled at me by a hypocrite and "former" racist who "rose above where he was raised."

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:44:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that the charge of racism was leveled at me by a hypocrite and "former" racist who "rose above where he was raised."

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=2247.msg33210#msg33210

That's you, right, berwynguy?

buzz

Now, here's the big question.  Is the administrator going to swoop in and defend me?
You've done nothing but attack Ted for 2 days, but now you're gonna' whine and cry for help ?
Get a grip.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwynguy

Quote from: markberwyn on July 09, 2012, 07:01:24 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:44:24 PM

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=2247.msg33210#msg33210

That's you, right, berwynguy?

Quote from: berwynguy on May 15, 2012, 06:38:00 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on October 23, 2006, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: bohemian on October 23, 2006, 03:54:50 PM
I along with other posters I am sure, am not concerned with the "feelings" of African Americans and others who may be reading this board when we have some very serious issues that may involve an influx of African Americans and Hispanics to our city that could potentially affect the values of our homes and the safety of our families.  I would rather live a normal life than deal with these issues but unfortunately that just can't happen.

Wow.

Read the thread for context, but the "issues" that were not allowing me to lead a normal life I was talking about were effected property values and safety in Berwyn.  Both prophecies have unfortunately come to pass six years later.  You be the judge in the aftermath. 

This is actually a good transition back to the original topic of this thread: Two more shot in Berwyn.  I stick by what I said.  Whether you are black, hispanic, or white and want to shoot, maim, rob, steal, litter up the neighborhood, blast your music at all hours of the night, intimidate with your pit bull, whatever, I am sure that you will not be welcomed with open arms here by many people.  Decent people shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

berwynguy

Quote from: buzz on July 09, 2012, 07:02:44 PM
Now, here's the big question.  Is the administrator going to swoop in and defend me?
You've done nothing but attack Ted for 2 days, but now you're gonna' whine and cry for help ?
Get a grip.

Nah.  Actually I don't need any help, just curious if the same rules apply to everyone, that's all. 

markberwyn

Long story short: Yes, berwynguy was worried about blacks and hispanics moving into town, keeping him from leading a "normal" life.