Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

CC Agenda-7/10/2012

Started by Ted, July 08, 2012, 07:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Of course, his racism needs to be understood "in context."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: markberwyn on July 09, 2012, 07:09:21 PM
Long story short: Yes, berwynguy was worried about blacks and hispanics moving into town, keeping him from leading a "normal" life.

I'm sure many people were worried about minorities moving into town.  I know the Czechs were worried about the Italians when they moved in back in the 50's-60's.  That is one of the main reasons the Italian-American Civic Organization of Berwyn was formed by Carl Reina Sr. and others.

Berwynguy was only expressing his frustration with Ted and his constant haranguing of certain individuals, (city workers) on this site and his cyber-bullying of them.  His constant use of innuendo and false information (at times-seems to be more and more) about individuals and his hiding behind a computer, because if he is confronted in person, he is somehow being stalked.

His flawed conspiracy theories are getting old and he is doing nothing to improve the image of Berwyn, as a place to be.  His constant posting of all things wrong or bad about Berwyn is making him look like a grumpy old man meets borscht-belt crank.
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

SimplyBerwyn

offtopic

Ted complaining about TIF money once again.
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

berwynguy

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 07:05:40 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on July 09, 2012, 07:01:24 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 06:44:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that the charge of racism was leveled at me by a hypocrite and "former" racist who "rose above where he was raised."

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=2247.msg33210#msg33210

That's you, right, berwynguy?

Quote from: berwynguy on May 15, 2012, 06:38:00 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on October 23, 2006, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: bohemian on October 23, 2006, 03:54:50 PM
I along with other posters I am sure, am not concerned with the "feelings" of African Americans and others who may be reading this board when we have some very serious issues that may involve an influx of African Americans and Hispanics to our city that could potentially affect the values of our homes and the safety of our families.  I would rather live a normal life than deal with these issues but unfortunately that just can't happen.

Wow.

Read the thread for context, but the "issues" that were not allowing me to lead a normal life I was talking about were effected property values and safety in Berwyn.  Both prophecies have unfortunately come to pass six years later.  You be the judge in the aftermath. 

This is actually a good transition back to the original topic of this thread: Two more shot in Berwyn.  I stick by what I said.  Whether you are black, hispanic, or white and want to shoot, maim, rob, steal, litter up the neighborhood, blast your music at all hours of the night, intimidate with your pit bull, whatever, I am sure that you will not be welcomed with open arms here by many people.  Decent people shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

One more thing I forgot to add to my statement above.  If what I wrote in the bolded paragraph above "hurt your feelings" and you're black, white, purple, or whatever, then boo fucking hoo.  Get over it.  I'm more concerned with living among decent people, regardless of their color, then your "feelings."

Now, as Simply Berwyn said, before we were rudely interupted with the most blatant off the wall, left field Internet trolling incident I have ever seen occur on BTF,  offtopic
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Bonster

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 09, 2012, 09:44:43 PM
I know the Czechs were worried about the Italians when they moved in back in the 50's-60's. 

And here I thought Berwyn fell in the 80s-90s. :)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwynguy

Quote from: markberwyn on July 09, 2012, 05:43:55 PM
At least spell the name of the person you're attacking right.

But, but I thought.......

Sorry to Mark Titzer, who's a good guy, for posting this.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 09, 2012, 10:27:05 PM
One more thing I forgot to add to my statement above.  If what I wrote in the bolded paragraph above "hurt your feelings" and you're black, white, purple, or whatever, then boo fucking hoo.  Get over it.  I'm more concerned with living among decent people, regardless of their color, then your "feelings.

Well, this reflects an interesting evolution on your part. It used to be that you disliked blacks and hispanics moving next to you. Now you just hate everybody. You're growing!

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

My. My. My.  You almost had me fooled. For one post there, I thought you were interested in a serious rational discussion of patronage and corruption in Berwyn and Cook County.

But in your other posts, you degenerate into your typical bullying behaviour of name calling, character assassination and personal attacks.

Why am I not surprised?

Ted

Berwynguy was only expressing his frustration with Ted and his constant haranguing of certain individuals, (city workers) on this site and his cyber-bullying of them.  His constant use of innuendo and false information (at times-seems to be more and more) about individuals and his hiding behind a computer, because if he is confronted in person, he is somehow being stalked.

His flawed conspiracy theories are getting old and he is doing nothing to improve the image of Berwyn, as a place to be.  His constant posting of all things wrong or bad about Berwyn is making him look like a grumpy old man meets borscht-belt crank.

Coming from you, I take that as a compliment.  Every town needs a gadfly to point out its corruption.

btw, Why don't city workers in Oak Park or Evanston ever get so heavliy involved in local elections?

Why only places like Berwyn or Cicero?

And, why do people who live in Bolingbrook feel the need to support legislative candidates whose districts cover Berwyn and whose disticts are not even close to Bolingbrook?

Questions, questions, questions.

Ted

Some of the posts in this thread (about how political corruption always has been and always will be and there's nothing you can do about it) remind me of an old saying -

Never teach a pig to sing.

It's a waste of time.  And, it annoys the pig.

markberwyn

Quote from: markberwyn on July 09, 2012, 07:09:21 PM
Long story short: Yes, berwynguy was worried about blacks and hispanics moving into town, keeping him from leading a "normal" life.

I'm sure many people were worried about minorities moving into town.  I know the Czechs were worried about the Italians when they moved in back in the 50's-60's.  That is one of the main reasons the Italian-American Civic Organization of Berwyn was formed by Carl Reina Sr. and others.

This is kind of a fucked-up defense of berwynguy's rhetoric. "People were always racist in Berwyn!"

berwynguy

Quote from: Ted on July 10, 2012, 05:53:43 AM
My. My. My.  You almost had me fooled. For one post there, I thought you were interested in a serious rational discussion of patronage and corruption in Berwyn and Cook County.

But in your other posts, you degenerate into your typical bullying behaviour of name calling, character assassination and personal attacks.

Why am I not surprised?

Don't be surprised.  The bottom line at least for me is that you are an angry old man who's full of shit.  You don't care about "corruption" or what's right or wrong, political ideology drives your vendetta.  I'm going to continue to call you out on it no matter what Washington D.C. shit stirrer comes out of the wood work to divert the argument and save your ass.  (Yeah, this douche bag's got no life so he trolls a BERWYN, a place he lived for about 3 years, message board looking to stir up shit.)  If the administrator bans me for "attacks" (it seems I'm the only one that's singled out for that, markshitbag's not) then I'm gonna call you out in person when I see you.  You can then come on here and tell everybody how I "stalked you."  Afterall, you put yourself out there when you decided to be an internet loud mouth who hides behind his computer. 

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 10, 2012, 11:07:20 AM
Quote from: Ted on July 10, 2012, 05:53:43 AM

Why am I not surprised?

Don't be surprised.  The bottom line at least for me is that you are an angry old man who's full of shit.  You don't care about "corruption" or what's right or wrong, political ideology drives your vendetta.  I'm going to continue to call you out on it no matter what Washington D.C. shit stirrer comes out of the wood work to divert the argument and save your ass.  (Yeah, this douche bag's got no life so he trolls a BERWYN, a place he lived for about 3 years, message board looking to stir up shit.)  If the administrator bans me for "attacks" (it seems I'm the only one that's singled out for that, markshitbag's not) then I'm gonna call you out in person when I see you.  You can then come on here and tell everybody how I "stalked you."  Afterall, you put yourself out there when you decided to be an internet loud mouth who hides behind his computer.

I hope that at some point berwynguy receives however much help is required for him to figure out what it is he's mad about.

One the one hand he's unhappy at a longtime resident for holding opinions that don't mirror his own; one the other he's unhappy at somebody for not living in Berwyn for as long as he would like. It's the same old question, inspired by the blinkered small-townism that berwynguy so ably represents: How long do you have to live in Berwyn before you're qualified to talk about it?

Truth is, the questions of who's lived here how long and whether they still live here aren't really important to berwynguy. If it were, he'd be calling Berwyn Patsy "patsyshitbag" and openly calling her a troll. What this is about is the world not agreeing with berwynguy, and his deep unhappiness about this. The world has passed berwynguy by---it's more diverse, more liberal, more populated with people like Ted willing to push back against the powers that be---and that unsettles him badly. Why else would he engage in insults and name-calling? Why else would he tell people who wish to protest that they should just shut up and accept things as they are? Why else would he have a signature that expresses regret that things in Berwyn aren't how they used to be?

berwynguy

markshitbag, you are a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

If the definition above doesn't describe how off the wall, random, and nutty your posts were in this thread yesterday I don't know what else could.  It also describes the rest of your posts in the national political section of this forum.  You are an outsider, a troll shit stirrer that comes to BTF just to cause trouble. 

Oh, and for the record, you lived here from 6/2004-5/2007.  You were just passing through.  You moved over five years ago yet for some weird creepy reason, continue to troll this board and start shit with people.  It's rather curious.....  Why would someone such as yourself who's obviously intellectually superior to the rest of us, continue to lower yourself by consorting with racists, "undereducated lunkheads" who are infected with "small-townism?"  Why?  Do we make you feel better about yourself?  Is that what this is all about?  Do you sit with the "intellectual" swells in D.C. and tell them about the backwoods barbarians you grew up around that you "rose above?"

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 10, 2012, 11:54:49 AM
markshitbag, you are a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

If the definition above doesn't describe how off the wall, random, and nutty your posts were in this thread yesterday I don't know what else could.  It also describes the rest of your posts in the national political section of this forum.  You are an outsider, a troll shit stirrer that comes to BTF just to cause trouble. 

Oh, and for the record, you lived here from 6/2004-5/2007.  You were just passing through.  You moved over five years ago yet for some weird creepy reason, continue to troll this board and start shit with people.  It's rather curious.....  Why would someone such as yourself who's obviously intellectually superior to the rest of us, continue to lower yourself by consorting with racists, "undereducated lunkheads" who are infected with "small-townism?"  Why?  Do we make you feel better about yourself?  Is that what this is all about?  Do you sit with the "intellectual" swells in D.C. and tell them about the backwoods barbarians you grew up around that you "rose above?"

Again, I'm not here to help you feel better about yourself.

If you are convinced that I am a troll, gather up the people you are certain agree with you and encourage them to collectively lobby the site's owner for my removal. It may be that Brian won't listen to just you, but a large group of people may have some influence. You never know what can happen when one person works together with others to affect change.

markberwyn

And, really, who's the troll here? Wasn't a perfectly legitimate discussion of TIF funding going on here before somebody derailed the conversation by saying Ted was deluded and that he should shut up about TIFs?

markberwyn

I mean, how *isn't* this trolling?

"Were you one of those kids that always 'tied?'  Did you get one of those 'everybody wins' trophies when you played sports as a kid?  Darwinism LOVES people like you.  Whiners like you are the fuel that winners feed off of when they survive/get to the top while you become extinct."

Inflammatory, off-topic, disruptive---sounds like trolling to me.

berwynguy

Quote from: markberwyn on July 10, 2012, 12:07:02 PM

"Were you one of those kids that always 'tied?'  Did you get one of those 'everybody wins' trophies when you played sports as a kid?  Darwinism LOVES people like you.  Whiners like you are the fuel that winners feed off of when they survive/get to the top while you become extinct."

The difference is I live here, I pay taxes here, and I vote here.  You don't.  You lived in Berwyn for a brief blip in time, moved away years ago, and now live hundreds of miles away with with people more suited to your intellectual superiority.  What do you need Berwyn for?

markberwyn

Quote from: berwynguy on July 10, 2012, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on July 10, 2012, 12:07:02 PM

The difference is I live here, I pay taxes here, and I vote here.  You don't.  You lived in Berwyn for a brief blip in time, moved away years ago, and now live hundreds of miles away with with people more suited to your intellectual superiority.  What do you need Berwyn for?

Unless BTF became funded by local taxes when I wasn't looking, I don't see what your status as a taxpayer has to do with anything. You're thinking this through very poorly, perhaps because you're not used to being disagreed with.

markberwyn

Also, if I understand your logic correctly, "trolling" is a function of proximity to Berwyn. What a weirdly parochial line of thought.