News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

CC Agenda-7/10/2012

Started by Ted, July 08, 2012, 07:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwynguy

Well my work is done here.  All that needs to be said has been said.  Adios markshitbagD.C.!  I hope Berwyn Talk fills whatever void you must have in your life!  :usa:
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

mustang54

Actually Mark Ted hijacked the thread and changed the topic in reply #12. He went from TIF funds to Stroger and other old news. But keep it going I love when intellectuals impressed with themselves come on here to try and mind fuck others. Its very entertaining. BTW in one of your earlier posts you brought back a quote from Berwynguy back in 2006. I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you failed to mention that his fears from 6 years ago pretty much came true. And it can be backed up with statistics as fact not racism as you love to accuse many of. Nothing racist about the truth, even if some are hurt by it.

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on July 10, 2012, 12:23:54 PM
  Actually Mark Ted hijacked the thread and changed the topic in reply #12.

I don't think you can hijack a thread you started.

BTW in one of your earlier posts you brought back a quote from Berwynguy back in 2006. I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you failed to mention that his fears from 6 years ago pretty much came true. And it can be backed up with statistics as fact not racism as you love to accuse many of. Nothing racist about the truth, even if some are hurt by it.

Berwynguy's fear in 2006 was that he would wind up living next to blacks and Hispanics. (They would keep him from living a "normal" life.)  What part of that fear am I supposed to respect? Am I to respect his fears more, now that more blacks and Hispanics live in the same town he does?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

mustang54

Mark your a sharp guy I think you know the answers to your own questions. Have a nice day.

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on July 10, 2012, 12:39:33 PM
  Mark your a sharp guy I think you know the answers to your own questions. Have a nice day.

Sure---I'll state them clearly. There's no part of berwynguy's racist rhetoric I respect, and there's no reason to respect it more over time. But I'd certainly like to see an argument for why berwynguy's thinking deserves to be respected.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: berwynguy on July 10, 2012, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on July 10, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
I mean, how *isn't* this trolling?

"Were you one of those kids that always 'tied?'  Did you get one of those 'everybody wins' trophies when you played sports as a kid?  Darwinism LOVES people like you.  Whiners like you are the fuel that winners feed off of when they survive/get to the top while you become extinct."

Inflammatory, off-topic, disruptive---sounds like trolling to me.

The difference is I live here, I pay taxes here, and I vote here.  You don't.  You lived in Berwyn for a brief blip in time, moved away years ago, and now live hundreds of miles away with with people more suited to your intellectual superiority.  What do you need Berwyn for?

I like MarkBerwyn.  He is intelligent and brings good stuff.  Intellectually superior people are ALWAYS welcome here.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: markberwyn on July 10, 2012, 12:34:28 PM

BTW in one of your earlier posts you brought back a quote from Berwynguy back in 2006. I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you failed to mention that his fears from 6 years ago pretty much came true. And it can be backed up with statistics as fact not racism as you love to accuse many of. Nothing racist about the truth, even if some are hurt by it.

Berwynguy's fear in 2006 was that he would wind up living next to blacks and Hispanics. (They would keep him from living a "normal" life.)  What part of that fear am I supposed to respect? Am I to respect his fears more, now that more blacks and Hispanics live in the same town he does?

You realize Berwynguy is hispanic?  Which makes this all the more entertaining.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markberwyn

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on July 10, 2012, 01:19:09 PM

You realize Berwynguy is hispanic?  Which makes this all the more entertaining.

Self-hate is a hell of a drug.

Ted

Sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me.

You can harrass and harangue me all you want, but it's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion or posting cases of favoritism or corruption in Berwyn, even if it does make me seem "sanctimoneous."

Ted

I don't think you can hijack a thread you started.... 

That's an interesting question - Can someone hijack their own thread?

btw, I don't think I hijacked it.  I was simply responding to the notion that "Life isn't fair" to those who contended that we have to live with favoritism in politics.

SimplyBerwyn

offtopic

Ted complaining about TIF money once again.
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 11, 2012, 11:20:54 AM
offtopic

I don't agree with him on this point, but if everyone turns a blind eye, you end up with a Shaugnessy experience where people are doing who knows what.

We don't have a good newspaper in town, so it is very few people keeping a watchful eye.

BTW, SimplyBerwyn, did your property taxes go up?  Do you notice an improvement in services?  I don't see an improvement, so where did that money go and for what purpose?

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on July 11, 2012, 12:01:23 PM
BTW, SimplyBerwyn, did your property taxes go up?  Do you notice an improvement in services?  I don't see an improvement, so where did that money go and for what purpose?

Does SimplyBerwyn live or pay property taxes in Berwyn?

EC

Improvement? My yard waste and recycled garbage didn't get picked up last week, only the regular waste. I know that things get behind because of the 4th holiday, but then everything is supposed to get pushed back a day. We have Wednesday pick up so I thought that everything would get taken first thing Thursday. Only the regular stuff. Waited to see if by chance something would happen Saturday, but nothing. Called WM Monday to see how to go about getting a credit, knowing I would get nowhere because this has happened before. I was laughed at. I guess we pay for services not rendered. E-mailed the alderman and mayor's office, nothing. Someone from WM did call to basically say this doesn't happen that often. Big deal.

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on July 11, 2012, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 11, 2012, 11:20:54 AM
offtopic

I don't agree with him on this point, but if everyone turns a blind eye, you end up with a Shaugnessy experience where people are doing who knows what.

We don't have a good newspaper in town, so it is very few people keeping a watchful eye.

Yes, our property taxes went up.  Yes, I noticed an improvement in services, specifically police & fire.  The bulk of our property taxes go to the school district-but I am not happy with the elected school board officials, with the controversial headlines in the news.  Doesn't give me much confidence in some of them.  I am hoping WWIT can become a driving force in helping elect better candidates to the board.  Bob Pauly is a candidate I could support for District 201 and I hope he decides to throw his hat in the ring.  I for one, am going to work for the WWIT ticket, as long as they are good candidates.  I am also hoping Mayor Lovero gets involved and tries to make a difference in the educational system in Berwyn.  I have complete confidence in both grammar school districts, as well as our park districts. 

More police presence on the street is a double-edge sword-makes me feel both confident and safe, but at the same time makes me question the type of individuals that have moved into the community.  Fire service was improved by having another Advanced Life Support ambulance on the street and more specifically, it covers the ward in which I live.  I believe the nightmare of the previous years (pre-Kushner) are over and we have once again a top-notch, first class PD!  I also believe the leadership shown by the FD Chief and his staff is the best its ever been and we have had some very good chiefs in the past. 

OakParkSpartan

What improvement has there been in the FD?

I'm talking quantitative measurements ie. response time, deaths, etc.  I'm not talking about "there is another ambulance nearby".  While I get that is important, if the metrics haven't changed...was it money well spent?

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on July 11, 2012, 02:45:51 PM
What improvement has there been in the FD?

I'm talking quantitative measurements ie. response time, deaths, etc.  I'm not talking about "there is another ambulance nearby".  While I get that is important, if the metrics haven't changed...was it money well spent?

If I remember correctly, the FD chief stated the first day of the new ALS situation, the FD was able to save a man from having a heart attack because of the additional ambulance.  I'm sure if you know anybody in the FD, or call the chief, they have the numbers to back up improved response times, etc....

Bonster

I'm not disputing improvements in the PD or FD, but I do not see the increase in taxes as a correlation.  We were told the FD was actually spending less by bringing EMS in house. 

I do hear shitloads of sirens though, and I'll gladly pay more to get more cops on the street.  (And a couple of blight inspectors. ;)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 11, 2012, 02:39:58 PM
  I am also hoping Mayor Lovero gets involved and tries to make a difference
Lovero has already promised to get involved.  I think it was in response to one of Pauly's statements during the State of the City meeting.  Another promise, no visible action.

As for the FD, I still do not believe bring the EMS people into the department was a cost savings.
And as far as the PD goes, Lovero turned me off totally by allowing Skyrd to screw the City with his phoney degree.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Ted

SimplyBerwyn, do you live in Berwyn?  yes or no?