News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

CC Agenda-7/10/2012

Started by Ted, July 08, 2012, 07:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on July 11, 2012, 02:54:33 PM
I'm not disputing improvements in the PD or FD, but I do not see the increase in taxes as a correlation.  We were told the FD was actually spending less by bringing EMS in house. 

I do hear shitloads of sirens though, and I'll gladly pay more to get more cops on the street.  (And a couple of blight inspectors. ;)

Has anyone ever seen an analysis performed by the city?  Or was the analysis which was used to talk about the savings performed by the fire union?

The city should have done an independent study.  I've never heard anyone say that was actually done.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: buzz on July 11, 2012, 03:48:52 PM
Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 11, 2012, 02:39:58 PM
  I am also hoping Mayor Lovero gets involved and tries to make a difference
Lovero has already promised to get involved.  I think it was in response to one of Pauly's statements during the State of the City meeting.  Another promise, no visible action.

As for the FD, I still do not believe bring the EMS people into the department was a cost savings.
And as far as the PD goes, Lovero turned me off totally by allowing Skyrd to screw the City with his phoney degree.

Other than the Skryd degree fiasco, do you have any proof that Lovero is not going to be involved.  And just because you believe bringing EMS people into the department wasn't a cost savings, how do you know?  Just saying....

You can harrass and harangue me all you want, but it's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion or posting when I read your outlandish, non-sensical cases of alleged favoritism or corruption in Berwyn, even when it makes you seem "sanctimoneous."

Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

buzz

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 11, 2012, 04:47:26 PM
Other than the Skryd degree fiasco, do you have any proof that Lovero is not going to be involved.  And just because you believe bringing EMS people into the department wasn't a cost savings, how do you know?  Just saying....
You can harrass and harangue me all you want, but it's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion or posting when I read your outlandish, non-sensical cases of alleged favoritism or corruption in Berwyn, even when it makes you seem "sanctimoneous."
Oh, so he's warming up to getting involved, cool !
Transparency is a good thing.  Releasing an honest financial eval about the EMS folks would be great, wouldn't it ?  It would resolve the issue, perhaps even establish some trust.  Til then, history has taught me not to trust politicians.
Who's harrassing you ? What have I posted that was "outlandish and non-sensical" ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Ted

outlandish, non-sensical cases of alleged favoritism or corruption in Berwyn ...

I guess that means the Skryd promotion to commander was an "outlandish, non-sensical case" of an "alleged" promotion... LOL

..  Other than the Skryd degree fiasco...

Other than the assassination, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

SimplyBerwyn

Quote from: Ted on July 12, 2012, 06:00:44 AM
outlandish, non-sensical cases of alleged favoritism or corruption in Berwyn ...

I guess that means the Skryd promotion to commander was an "outlandish, non-sensical case" of an "alleged" promotion... LOL

..  Other than the Skryd degree fiasco...

Other than the assassination, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Should have said "some" of your outlandish.......

Otherwise, Ted...This is what I hear from you... blah blah blah blah blah-conspiracy-blah blah blah blah -corruption-blah blah blah blah.

You can harrass and harangue me all you want, but it's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion or posting when I read some of your outlandish, non-sensical cases of alleged favoritism or corruption in Berwyn, even when it makes you seem "sanctimoneous."
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

Ted

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on July 12, 2012, 11:22:15 AM
Otherwise, Ted...This is what I hear from you... blah blah blah blah blah-conspiracy-blah blah blah blah -corruption-blah blah blah blah.

Then you're reading only what you want to read and hearing only what you want to hear.  I post about a lot more than that.

btw, you never answered my question - Do you currently live in Berwyn (and sleeping overnight every third day in a fire house doesn't count)?

Are you registered to vote in Berwyn?