News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

La Familia Foods

Started by Tuttles, July 29, 2012, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuttles

I was in the CP yesterday.  They have a huge sign which says they lost their lease & they are closing.  All dry goods were 30% off.  The signs also say "watch for our new location."  Anybody know where they might be moving?

exPROPer

Very sad.  Hope the new location is in Berwyn.

Tuttles

Me too!  I'm home with my son & love that I can do all my errands & shopping during the week, during the morning or early afternoon.  I loved the produce & freshly baked bread at La Familia & I also liked that if I needed something last minute, right before the dinner hour or on the weekend - I could run in there & not have to deal with the crowds at Tony's or Jewel.  Hopefully Meijer opening will alleviate the congestion at Tony's & Jewel...but I will still miss La Familia. 

justme

I just heard that , they changed their minds and are now moving to the old BFF location on Oak Park  :)

exPROPer

Anyone have any updated news about Familia re-opening somewhere/anywhere in Berwyn???

justme

Well, I heard they decided to take the old BFF location across from the hospital after all. I guess they were, then couldn't afford the rent, but plan to again...maybe they made a deal. Who knows. I'll believe it when I see it, but I hope they do go there. It will be great for the people over there.

Wonder if they will have a man watching the parking lot like they did with BFF?  ;D

pkd50

When I lived there, it was great having a store there....except that last one.   I was told by the owner of the electric place on 26th that a grocer bought their location also.  Any sign of anything happening there?

exPROPer

This would be great in the Depot District.  Give people one more option to go there.  There are no local food shopping options between Cermak and Ogden. 

pkd50

That really is a good location.  Visitors, employees from the hospital, people from the train, and neighbors would be stopping in there.

buzz

Quote from: justme on February 17, 2013, 09:33:04 AM
I heard they decided to take the old BFF location across from the hospital after all.
Then we've just witnessed an act of "divine intervention" in the from of taxpayer dollars.
Is that a TIF District ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

scottymac

Hope this works out. I wish I had a dollar for everytime my wife and have talked about having a small grocery store between my walk from the train and home. Either the loaf of bread/milk on the way home or something to throw on the grill in the summer.

seebee

Quote from: MindoverMatter on July 03, 2013, 08:27:34 AM
Familia foods is relocating across the street from MacNeal.

This makes me VERY happy. VERY happy. How was this confirmed??

watcher

Quote from: scottymac on February 18, 2013, 10:46:58 AM
Hope this works out. I wish I had a dollar for everytime my wife and have talked about having a small grocery store between my walk from the train and home. Either the loaf of bread/milk on the way home or something to throw on the grill in the summer.

Oh yeah, that half block walk to Pan's would be sooooo out of the way. It's only one uphill slog. The rest is downs.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

MindoverMatter

Quote from: seebee on July 03, 2013, 09:13:22 AM

Confirmed by the alderman.

buzz

Quote from: MindoverMatter on July 08, 2013, 10:06:47 AM
Quote from: seebee on July 03, 2013, 09:13:22 AM
Confirmed by the alderman.
and did she mention any taxpayer funding for structural repairs, or fixing that miserable parking lot ?

buzz

Quote from: exPROPer on October 04, 2012, 01:01:49 PM
Anyone have any updated news about Familia re-opening somewhere/anywhere in Berwyn???
"Rumor is" the owner, Dr. Jafari, has been making excessive $$$$ demands for his slum property.

scottymac

I was wondering why the building permit was in a Dr.'s name. I thought maybe they were building out another Dr/medical office.

buzz

Owner  is Dr. Kianoosh Jafari 

OakParkSpartan

Buzz, I removed the phone number.  People can track him down on their own.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

buzz