Needed: Coin-operated Washer & Dryer and radiator

Started by krod4444, September 17, 2012, 01:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krod4444

Hello,
I'm looking for a small radiator for a bedroom that was missing when I bought the place.  If anyone has or knows where I can get one please let me know.  Thanks in advance!  Mik

Mrs.Pete

If you just bought the place, wait until it gets cold to put in a radiator. It may have been taken out because it gets too hot in the bedroom.

krod4444

Excellent thought Mrs. Pete.  i did not just buy the place but just moved in - it's a 2-flat.  So now I will find out from the former tenant if it's fine without a radiator in there.  Thanks so much!  M

Mike Phelan

Try Harry Miller Appliances/Coin-o-matic in Alsip for good used Speed Queen laundry machines.  In a small apartment building, used laundry machines make sense.  They are commercial machines and are built to last.  Being a small building, they won't get the abuse they would in a larger building.  Let me know how it works out for you.

krod4444

Thank you Mr. Phelan!  I did call a service guy that I found on one of the labels of another coin-op machine and he was able to find me a used one and is installing it this Saturday for 1/2 the price of a new, including installation and everything.  Only a 90-day warranty but all the research I did on new ones, they ALL had bad reviews for some reason or another/not lasting long, etc.  I hope this one lasts. 
If anyone needs one, or you need a repair man, let me know, I can give you his number - Very nice man.  So far   ;)
Thanks again, Mik

Mike Phelan

Be sure to set your coin chutes for $1.50 for both wash and dry especially since the city recently raised water rates again.

krod4444

Oh great, that's exactly why I got one because I've figured out why my water bill's gone up almost 40% in the last year.  My tenants have been inviting their whole family, who moved in down the block a year ago, to use the laundry as their free community machines.  This will at least help a little with the bill and deter them from using it more, and when I can afford a dryer that'll be even better.  Thanks again!  Mik