News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Brenly leaving CUBS

Started by buzz, October 17, 2012, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Bummer, kinda' enjoyed him.  Can't stand listening to Hawk !

Cubs analyst Bob Brenly has informed WGN-TV he will not return to the team's broadcast booth in 2013, and instead will seek another baseball broadcasting position.
Bob Brenly/Broadcaster:

"Working here in Chicago was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my professional career.
The Ricketts family, everyone associated with the Cubs and WGN and, most importantly, Cubs' fans everywhere, will always be in our hearts, and Joan and I wish nothing but the best for the organization moving forward.
I was very blessed to have the best play-by-play man in the game as my partner for eight years and Cubs' fans are very fortunate to have Len Kasper as the voice of the Cubs. I'll miss working with him and we look fondly toward returning to Chicago in the future."

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

tony la

I'm going to mis him also.  He will probably go to Arizona, and we will probably get Grace.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

buzz

Quote from: tony la on October 18, 2012, 03:24:58 AM
and we will probably get Grace.
Think they might fill in with Kerry Wood ?

The Jackal

This has been speculated about for quite some time now....as has been speculated that Steve Stone will be returning to Chicago tpo work with Kasper in the Cubs booth.

buzz

Steve Stone is fine by me.  He's probably sick of all those duck snorts, cans of corn, and towering ground balls.

tony la

A x Chicago guy who is a manager now and may be looking for a job soon would be an interesting color guy....................can you imagine Len Kasper and Ozzie Guillen.............stranger things have happened like Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersal....
WWW.TONYLA.NET

buzz

Quote from: tony la on October 19, 2012, 06:20:38 AM
can you imagine Len Kasper and Ozzie Guillen
The end of civilization as we know it.

moose

Quote from: tony la on October 19, 2012, 06:20:38 AM
A x Chicago guy who is a manager now and may be looking for a job soon would be an interesting color guy....................can you imagine Len Kasper and Ozzie Guillen.............stranger things have happened like Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersal....

Noooooo, No Ozzie in the Cubs booth!! If that happens I'll be forced to become a Sox fan! :(
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

tony la

Moose I would not wish that on anyone
WWW.TONYLA.NET