News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Capote

Started by OakParkSpartan, February 14, 2006, 12:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Excellent movie.  Now to buy the book (In Cold Blood).

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

shrugger

excellent book ... it has been a while, but my memory is that it is actually a little bit like two different books, each worthwhile for its own reasons. gripping, detail-rich storytelling in the first part; and an interesting criminal profile in the second, where Capote's personal involvement/sentiments starts leaking into the text.

haven't seen the movie.
we must cultivate our garden

OakParkSpartan

I'll be getting the book. 

The movie was interesting because it showed the research that went into the book.  My impression is that he did care about the guys, but ultimately, the reason he was speaking with them was to get details about the murder.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

shrugger

saw it this past weekend ... I was certainly impressed with the acting Hoffman did to take on his character, but overall the film felt a little flat. it may be because of reading the book ... even though it gave a completely different insight into it. the book has nothing to do with Capote himself (except for what you can read between the lines).
we must cultivate our garden