News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Elections

Started by berwyn senator, February 21, 2017, 05:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Election year and everyone is quiet?

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 21, 2017, 05:46:58 PM
Election year and everyone is quiet?

They're definitely not quiet on Facebook in Berwyn Cool Kids.  The election is all that's being talked about. The back and forth going on is really getting hot.

Also, look at the Facebook site of some of the candidates - particularly the Mayoral facebook candidacy pages.

berwyn senator

The Jackal

How does one get on this Berwyn cool kids page? Or am I not cool enough?

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on February 22, 2017, 07:43:01 PM
How does one get on this Berwyn cool kids page? Or am I not cool enough?

First, join Facebook.

Second, friend someone who is in the group (you can friend me if you want).

Third, the friend nominates you to be in the group.

Fourth, the administrators allow you into the group.  I should warn you the new administrators are allowing only people who live or have businesses in Berwyn to be in the group.

FYI, your cousin, who has the same name as you, has come out strongly for Lovero on BCK.  When I first logged into BCK, I thought it was you.  Then people told me it was your cousin who has the same name (and who runs Connie's restaurant).

The Jackal

LOL!!!!

My much younger cousin and I are NOT the same person.

About the only thing we have in common is our name and lineage.

His family (Dad, Mom, sister, wife) has never lived in Berwyn, nor have either of the kids attended school in Berwyn. Nor have they ever participated in any Berwyn extracurriculars. My younger cousin is 17 years younger than I. They grew up in Stickney and then Riverside.

My family (mom, Dad, brother, sister) lived in Berwyn for 32 years. My brother, sister and I all attended Pershing School. My brother and I played Little League baseball, rec basketball and Norm Reisman soccer in Berwyn. I coached Little League and Berwyn Blazers soccer. My brother played Berwyn Blazer soccer.

My uncle (Dads brother) and his family who own Connies are wonderful people with an excellent restaurant, but we are NOT the same immediate family. Our family moved over 13 years ago after my mothers death, as I guess did many of the old timers we grew up with. It appears many of the new people in town either don't know us or confuse us with our cousins.

I had no idea an election was happening, that's how far out of the loop I am.

berwyn senator

I prefer not to get into the political bullshit.

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 25, 2017, 12:41:53 PM
I prefer not to get into the political bullshit.

If you are referring to Berwyn Cool Kids, I think after the election it will calm down and not be as political as it is during elections.

Also, if you (or Berwynson) are looking for a Facebook site to reminisce about Berwyn, I suggest the Facebook group called "I'm So Berwyn".

It has mostly people who used to live in Berwyn remembering their days in Berwyn when they were young.  That group is not at all political.

markberwyn

There's another reminisce-about-Berwyn site on Facebook that's very popular, but I can't recommend it because the person who runs it once said you can't live a "normal" life in Berwyn so long as there are blacks and Hispanics around.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Thanks again Ted,I appreciate your help.