News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Election Day

Started by Ted, November 06, 2012, 06:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Long lines this morning at my precinct.  I got there at 6:02 and was twelfth in line.  When I left, there were about 15 people in line. 

The electronic voting machine was not working so everyone was voting using a paper ballot.

Usually, I vote at 6 AM and I am the first.  I think part of the reason for the long lines is the combining of precincts -  what used to be 4 precincts have been combined into one precinct.

When I went to the bank on Saturday, the lines were out of city hall.  I spoke to one person who voted on Saturday and she said she waited two hours to vote.

moose

I was about 5th inline at my polling place at 6:15, call me old fashion, I used the paper ballot!
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

exPROPer

There by 7 am.  Paper ballot.  Out by 7:15-ish.  Not bad and it is good to see a lot of people out at that time. 

Bonster

No line at Commodore Barry at 7a.  Walked right up to 8-3, signed in, voted.  Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.   Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again. Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.Returned to the desk, signed in, voted again.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

chandasz

2 people ahead of me at Hiawatha this morning when I got there about 6:15.

Plus yummy bakesale by our PTA. SCORE

NYWREB

I was #50 at 7:30 at Liberty center.  Waited for the electronic machine - was out within 20 minutes.

pkd50

Paper ballots in Countrysie took some time causing a line.

moose

Quote from: chandasz on November 06, 2012, 09:08:55 AM
2 people ahead of me at Hiawatha this morning when I got there about 6:15.

Plus yummy bakesale by our PTA. SCORE

I knew I should have voted at Hiawatha! My polling place had NOTHING!!

Bonster

ahhhhahaha, moose!  I was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2 wondering if there's anything left.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

watcher

#233 in my precinct. (FoPa) Line for electronic (6 people), no line for paper.
Took paper. Done in under 5 minutes.
Rest of family will vote after 4 pm. Will be interesting to see turnout. Seemed steady.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

moose

What I found really strange today, no one in front of my polling place trying to influence my vote!!

chandasz

Yeah- I agree-- no one was in front of Hiawatha either. First time ever. Usually there's a bunch of thuggy looking guys in leather.... hmmmm

moose

All the Thugs were probably at the bake sale!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I voted at Citizens Bank on Oak Park about 3pm.  No lines really but there were a few people in front of me and while I was waiting for a few minutes for the electronic ballot a few came in behind me.  Although my vote doesn't really matter since Illinois is about as Democratic as they come I really had to vote in honor of my dad and all those soldiers who fought to make sure we have that right.  I was particularly impressed by an older hispanic lady who had to have her daughter help her with the electronic ballot.  She had a hard time but she was determined to get it done.  The little granddaughter waited at the bottom of the stairs and made sure she directed me to the place to vote.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on November 06, 2012, 06:17:49 PM
I voted at Citizens Bank on Oak Park about 3pm.  No lines really but there were a few people in front of me and while I was waiting for a few minutes for the electronic ballot a few came in behind me.  Although my vote doesn't really matter since Illinois is about as Democratic as they come I really had to vote in honor of my dad and all those soldiers who fought to make sure we have that right.  I was particularly impressed by an older hispanic lady who had to have her daughter help her with the electronic ballot.  She had a hard time but she was determined to get it done.  The little granddaughter waited at the bottom of the stairs and made sure she directed me to the place to vote.
4 years later.  This country has voted their conscience and we have a new President-elect.  I see no one on this board who previously annouced their support for Obama ever announced support for Hillary Clinton since she annouced her candidancy. 

markberwyn

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on December 03, 2016, 11:47:00 PM
Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on November 06, 2012, 06:17:49 PM
4 years later.  This country has voted their conscience and we have a new President-elect.  I see no one on this board who previously annouced their support for Obama ever announced support for Hillary Clinton since she annouced her candidancy.

Well, you might recall this board has been pretty dead for the past four years. I would be eager to read the posts on this board announcing support for the president-elect. Could you please point me to a few of them?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

MRS. NORTHSIDER

After the last 8 years, I am eager for a change.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on December 05, 2016, 10:35:22 PM
How about a coworker paying $1500 in health insurance a month and facing a 40 percent increase in her health insurance because her daughter is bipolar and she has had considerable claims.  Wow, thank you Obama!!  This is what your everyday people deal with.  I told her she would be better off having her daughter go to Cook County (John Stroger) Hospital and claiming she is homeless because ObamaCare is bullshit!

markberwyn

Well, looks like you got it. The big complaint that conservatives made during the campaign was that putting the former secretary of state in the White House would mean a president with global conflicts of interest and a team of full of Wall Street cronies. That sounded just awful.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on December 05, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
How about a coworker paying $1500 in health insurance a month and facing a 40 percent increase in her health insurance because her daughter is bipolar and she has had considerable claims.  Wow, thank you Obama!!  This is what your everyday people deal with.  I told her she would be better off having her daughter go to Cook County (John Stroger) Hospital and claiming she is homeless because ObamaCare is bullshit!

I've read of and spoken to many people who are grateful for the Affordable Care Act, for all its flaws, and who are terribly heartsick at the prospect of its repeal.