News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Fr. William Curran has died

Started by Juliet, November 13, 2012, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juliet

Fr Bill Curran, former Pastor of St. Leonards Church died this morning after fighting a battle against cancer.  He was loved by many. He was one of the kindest men I have known. Go forth good and faithful servant.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

MRS. NORTHSIDER

We have shared the alley with St. Leonard's for almost 18 years although we are not Catholic.  Father Bill was a priest I would call a neighbor - always friendly and waving hello.  When my husband was walking our baby (almost 12 years ago) he inquired about her and when my husband told him her name and birthdate he told him that she was born on the date that they celebrate the Immaculate Conception of Mary.  It was ironic since my mother's name was Mary and she had died the year before my daughter was born and my daughter's name is a derivative of Mary in remembrance of her grandmother whom she would never know.  I would probably have never known that if not for him.  May he rest in peace.