News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Buffalo Wild Wings

Started by justme, March 03, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

Was there the other night and a fight broke out. Luckily it wasn't too busy so it was contained pretty quickly.Talking to a server, she said that it's a common  thing and that she gets nervous but can't quit because she needs the money. They also have security now. NEVER have I been in a BWW that needs security. Plus after giving the wings another chance, it's just not worth it. Had to send them back for being cold (again) and hardly any sauce. I went on Yelp! and see that others have ripped this location to shreds. Wonder how long they will last?

berwyn senator

All the years I've been here I have never heard of a fight in a restaurant,OK maybe White Castle at two in the morning.What type of clientele are they attracting?

buzz

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 03, 2013, 01:57:47 PM
All the years I've been here I have never heard of a fight in a restaurant,OK maybe White Castle at two in the morning.What type of clientele are they attracting?
You serious ?  Lalo's (on Harlem) probably holds the record.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

justme

Quote from: buzz on March 03, 2013, 10:16:00 PM

Yep,  there was that restaurant/club off of Ogden and Oak Park too. Not a Saturday night went by when I didn't see cops there and the place evacuated when I used to drive home late that way a few years back. There were also fights in a few of the Mexican restaurants on Cermak road over the years.

What type of clientele are they attracting? Look around: Section 8, bus stop nearby.....its' really not that shocking.

berwyn senator

I forgot about those two places because I never hang out there in either one.

moose

Quote from: justme on March 03, 2013, 10:45:53 PM

Yep,  there was that restaurant/club off of Ogden and Oak Park too. Not a Saturday night went by when I didn't see cops there and the place evacuated when I used to drive home late that way a few years back. There were also fights in a few of the Mexican restaurants on Cermak road over the years.

What type of clientele are they attracting? Look around: Section 8, bus stop nearby.....its' really not that shocking.

Driving home late on Friday evenings, that place east of Oak Park on Ogden has tons of cars outside of it, they use the Novy's parking lot, I'm thinking that a lot of their clientele is coming from the city and based on the fact that I've had to go through a few "safety checks" at East Av and Ogden, I'm thinking they're trying to catch the drunks as they head back into the city.
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

berwyn senator

Wasn't the place on Odgen Ave. closed down for awhile?

buzz

What type of clientele are they attracting?
What type of clientele are they attracting?
All it takes is 1 drunk.  For the most part these are probably just kids out clubbing, looking to hook up, and have fun.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: justme on March 03, 2013, 12:31:18 PM
Was there the other night and a fight broke out. Luckily it wasn't too busy so it was contained pretty quickly.Talking to a server, she said that it's a common  thing and that she gets nervous but can't quit because she needs the money. They also have security now. NEVER have I been in a BWW that needs security. Plus after giving the wings another chance, it's just not worth it. Had to send them back for being cold (again) and hardly any sauce. I went on Yelp! and see that others have ripped this location to shreds. Wonder how long they will last?

Do you post anything but bad news? I mean, really.

justme

Sorry about posting what really goes on in Berwyn.

Forget everything I said. It's all rainbows and sunshine here! No crime, everyone takes care of their property, wow! Nothing bad EVER happens here!!

bigolo

Careful, I was told that you can't bring this up! Just saying...

MainStLiquors

Quote from: justme on March 03, 2013, 12:31:18 PM
I was shorted 3 wings when I went in there for a carryout order. Not really a place that appeals to me in the first place.
6924 Cermak Rd
708-637-4011
BEER/WINE/LIQUOR
http://www.facebook.com/MainStreetImportedLiquors

renovatorbear

We tried carry out several times, but their side dishes and appetizers really don't travel well.  We've given up dining there, as we just don't feel comfortable there. Even the parking lot brings on stress, since it has too few spaces and folks are stalking available spaces.

Bonster

The only times I went there I sat at the bar with another person, and it wasn't too bad.  I've never sat at a table nor have I done carry-out, though I've heard they're not bad for lunch carry-out.  I will report back on that, lol...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

exPROPer

Once was enough for Buffalo Wild Wings.  Cigars and Stripes wings are much, much better.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: exPROPer on March 26, 2013, 01:59:34 PM
Once was enough for Buffalo Wild Wings.  Cigars and Stripes wings are much, much better.

They are different products.  I think both are pretty good.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Agreed.  Entirely.  If you've got a hankering for buffalo wings C&S ain't gonna cut it. 

And you doesn't hafta go to Buffalo Wild Wings for buffalo wings, either. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 26, 2013, 03:11:42 PM
Agreed.  Entirely.  If you've got a hankering for buffalo wings C&S ain't gonna cut it. 

What's the place on Roos near Taco Yo and DeNico's?  Those are pretty good too.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Diona

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 27, 2013, 09:12:13 AM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 26, 2013, 03:11:42 PM

What's the place on Roos near Taco Yo and DeNico's?  Those are pretty good too.

Isn't it Wing Stop or something along those lines?

Every place has their different "specialties" when it comes to buffalo wings.  I've had some really good wings at places that I wouldn't think would make a good wing like Al's in Cicero.  My family & I love em, nice & hot with alot of sauce to roll em all around in...lol...cleans the sinuses when you open the box or the waitress puts the plate down on the table.

The Jackal

I've been to over a dozen BWW in a couple of different states....and they've ALL been EXACTLY alike. Same menus, same wings, same sauces, same decor, same EVERYTHING. Yet we have a thread here with 19 replies on BWW. Unless you've never been to a BWW before, not sure why you would think a BWW in Berwyn would be any different than any other one. Its almost like starting a thread on a Burger King.