News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

‘World of Beer’ planned for Berwyn National Bank, Super Block site

Started by Boris, June 08, 2012, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Phelan

Where's your "World of Beer"?  LOL  Now you need it more than ever so you can drink yourself into a stupor so you can forget about your declining property values.

Good Time Charlie

Ted

Quote from: B60402 on January 03, 2013, 04:32:01 PM
The 15th is quickly approaching.  Anyone heard anything on WOB in the Bank Building?

There was an item on the 1/22/2013 city council agenda to extend the deadline again - this time to March 8, 2013.  The developer had to pay the $25,000 penalty. The $25,000 will be returned to the developer if the city is not able to close something called the"East Property."

The amendment to the contract lists two deadline dates - March 8, 2013 to submit documents. But, then, later in the document it says the last absolute date to submit documents is March 15.

jfrickind

Any clues as to what the "East Property" refers to?  Thanks for the update Ted.

Ted

Quote from: jfrickind on February 09, 2013, 08:20:33 PM
Any clues as to what the "East Property" refers to?  Thanks for the update Ted.

I don't know what the "East Property" refers to.  The old bank building is on the east end of that block, so it might refer to that.  But, I don't know for sure.

Ted

Big Hurt Brewhouse - at least, that's what it looks like the latest owners names are going to be.

Mike Phelan

When will someone finally admit that your beloved bank building should have been torn down a long time ago?  Lori Theilen and her historical society started this nightmare.

Dav

once the land mark bank building is gone, it's gone forever; it's truly a treasure, and with a thriving business inside of it ,this could be the start of a new beginning for a once proud & prosperous Cermack rd. business district

justme

Quote from: Dav on April 17, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
once the land mark bank building is gone, it's gone forever; it's truly a treasure, and with a thriving business inside of it ,this could be the start of a new beginning for a once proud & prosperous Cermack rd. business district

I agree about the landmark thing. However, people have been singing that same song for years. If it's so important of a landmark to some, why didn't they work harder to restore it? It takes money, yes, but they could have done fundrasiers,etc. They went and raised money very fast when Spindel was going down (and where did that money go, anyway?) so it's not asking the impossible.  Instead it has sat for years looking like  crap and a home for pigeons,rats and who knows what else. People are sick of looking at what has turned into an eyesore. We have to get to the point of shit or get off the pot.

berwyn senator

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on April 17, 2013, 01:14:43 PM
"Shit or get off the pot" haven't heard that in years!

Yeah I haven't either but it all of a sudden popped into my head and I felt that it was very fitting  :666:

Fer

My mom always said that, and I find myself saying it a lot, too.  (We really DO become our mothers!)   :P
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06