Business Management 101-Brando's Beef

Started by The Jackal, March 05, 2013, 12:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Another reason, outside of the VERY good food, as to why I frequent this place.

Just now an irate and irrational customer started barking at the two counter girls, for no justifiable reason whatsoever. He went so far as to storm to the back and confront the owner Brian about whatever issue was ailing him. Brian dealt with him in a very calm and reasoned manner. After the customer left, the shellshocked girls naturally started discussing the matter in front of several customers. Brian quickly came out from the back, pulled both workers in the back behind a closed curtain, and told the ladies to cease any discussion of the matter...irrespective of how right or wrong their complaints may be. 100 percent correct way to handle the matter. This guy gets it. Wish more in Berwyn would follow suit.

buzz

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

mustang54

Sorry guys I strongly disagree. To me it is the worst run business in the area. The last 3 times I called to place a carryout order they were out of what I wanted. Then today I call to order a pizza and they tell me over an hour at least cuz they are out of cheese and are waiting for the delivery truck! Hey Toninnis is a block away walk down and buy some instead of turning away customers and pissing them off. Tell the wife about it when I picked her up and she said she ordered a sandwhich today at 11:30 for a pickup at noon. Her and the others only get a half hour lunch. As usual order not ready had to wait. I'm done with the place.
FAR from being a well run business.

The Jackal

Mustang,

Disclaimer-I am friends with the owners. That being said, I also believe I can be fair in my assesment. I have NEVER had such an experience and have NEVER had a bad meal there outside of one time where a pizza slice just didn't taste right. Every other time the food was excellent, and I've eaten there quite a few times. Even my kids like going there and they usually want nothing more than Mickey D's chicken mcnuggets. I've also never had a problem with service.

I don't dispute what you're saying mustang, just telling you what MY experience has been. Maybe its because I'm such a sucker for their meatball sandwiches and pizza slices, and maybe I overlook some things (can't recall doing so, but I'm just saying for arguments sake), but worst run business in the area is a BIG stretch. 

bigolo

Quote from: mustang54 on March 29, 2013, 04:59:13 PM
  Sorry guys I strongly disagree. To me it is the worst run business in the area. The last 3 times I called to place a carryout order they were out of what I wanted. Then today I call to order a pizza and they tell me over an hour at least cuz they are out of cheese and are waiting for the delivery truck! Hey Toninnis is a block away walk down and buy some instead of turning away customers and pissing them off. Tell the wife about it when I picked her up and she said she ordered a sandwhich today at 11:30 for a pickup at noon. Her and the others only get a half hour lunch. As usual order not ready had to wait. I'm done with the place.
FAR from being a well run business.

The begining of the end???  I'm starting to think location wasn't the only issue in Brando's demise!!!