News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Josie's Dumplings

Started by Peridot 16, March 20, 2013, 04:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peridot 16

Haven't stopped at this place in years, but, due to my m-i-l's(she's bed-ridden) craving for Bohemian stlye bread dumplings we checked it out. Well, learned 2 young guys bought this business, talked with one of the owners. We ended up buying a bag of the dumplings that you make at home. Slice, steam,serve. She likes hers with butter slathered on top. Put a smile on her face! We enjoyed them too. We went back and bought a big bag of liver dumplings and made soup. So good. Now I'm goin back for the fruit dumplings. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Berwyn Patsy

Please report on the fruit dumplings, love those.  How much and how do you fix them?

justme

Oh this is good to know! We usually go to Little Europe Deli on 31st street in Westchester. $5 for a nice loaf of dumplings and they are GOOD. :oink: I'll have to check out Josies!

exPROPer

What are the hours for the new owners of Josies???  That was always a big drawback as she was strictly 9-5.  Those hours just didn't work to stop on the way home after work to pick up items.

watcher

Quote from: exPROPer on March 20, 2013, 08:41:37 PM
What are the hours for the new owners of Josies???  That was always a big drawback as she was strictly 9-5.  Those hours just didn't work to stop on the way home after work to pick up items.

Still 9-5 http://www.josiesdumplings.com
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Vic0218

My czech M-I-L and husband taught me the best way to eat fruit dumplings......spoon some drained, small curd cottage cheese on the top of the dumpling, then drizzle melted butter over the top, then sprinkle powdered sugar over the whole thing. It may not sound good, but OMG it is awesome.

Great.....now I'm craving fruit dumplings!
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened" - Cora Harvey Armstrong

Berwyn Patsy

That's how they serve them at "The Riverside Retaurant" on Harlem.  Sooo good!

berwyn senator

Fresh fruit is the key, maybe prunes?raised on the stuff!!!!!!! no other way to fine dinning.

dualref

How do these dumplings compare to the ones from Chateau in Cicero?