2013 Earth Day Kickoff -Saturday, April 20, 2013

Started by Jeff Janda, April 03, 2013, 11:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

2013 Earth Day Kickoff 2013 Earth Day Kickoff  2013 Earth Day Kickoff Help us beautify South Berwyn! Cleaning up around every school & park, preparing the Community Garden at Heritage Middle School for this season's planting and making a difference in the community by working together. All volunteers need to meet in the Heritage Middle School Multi-Purpose Room, 6850 W. 31st Street at 9:00am. A special lunch will take place at Heritage after the clean up, as a thank you to the volunteers.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Check-in: 8:15am

Heritage Middle School

6850 W. 31st St.

~LL~

This is a wonderful event and perhaps will inspire residents to keep up the effort year round on their own.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

justme

Quote from: ~LL~ on April 03, 2013, 12:31:13 PM
This is a wonderful event and perhaps will inspire residents to keep up the effort year round on their own.

We can dream, right?  ;)

Seriously, I really wish it would influence more people.

I was driving down 26th by Morton the other day and it looks like crap. The fence (is it the original?) has trees growing through it, and there's so much litter around the area.  (I know nothing, but why didn't they ever put a sidewalk along that stretch?) I think it would be a great idea to take all of these kids who have detention and make them clean up around the school....make them somewhat useful.

Back to the topic, tho-I am going to try to make it this year. It feels good to work with people who are passionate about trying to keep the city clean!

Jeff Janda

If you have a specific area or location that you would like to volunteer at or have a group of friends that want to work together, we can and will accomodate you.  Please email me at jjanda@berwynparks.org or hfulara@berwynparks.org

Last year we had about 250 volunteers- Thank you to each of them for helping make the difference.

justme

Quote from: Jeff Janda on April 03, 2013, 01:35:51 PM
If you have a specific area or location that you would like to volunteer at or have a group of friends that want to work together, we can and will accomodate you.  Please email me at jjanda@berwynparks.org or hfulara@berwynparks.org

Last year we had about 250 volunteers- Thank you to each of them for helping make the difference.

Oh thanks! I gotta keep that in mind!!