News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Big Hurt Brewhouse

Started by B60402, April 18, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrickind

That's what I thought as well - or maybe inspections that were taking a while because it's a big project.

mom

After all the delays the Berwyn Building Department causes homeowners for small projects, I can only imagine what they expect for something this big. But then again, the project at Cermak and Harlem went in pretty quickly...
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

renovatorbear

There's digging going on within the fenced area. That's a good sign...

justme

Quote from: mom on May 28, 2014, 06:57:09 AM
After all the delays the Berwyn Building Department causes homeowners for small projects, I can only imagine what they expect for something this big. But then again, the project at Cermak and Harlem went in pretty quickly...

The city pushes the big things like this VERY fast and that includes waiving fees, etc.

dukesdad

Does it look like anything is happening here?

jfrickind

They are doing something for drainage, maybe, throughout the whole lot.  They've had a crane working the past couple of weeks, moving around large concrete cylinders and they are burying them underground, horizontally.  They're maybe 6 foot around and 10 foot tall.  I think they have maybe 12 of them buried already.  Not sure what they are for.  I can get a pic if someone else can figure out what they're doing because I'm interested.

But, they are back to work.

JD 

menace2society

They are probably part of the new requirement in Illinois to take care of water runoff and keep as much out of the sewer system as possible.   They will most likely sit under the parking lot and collect rainwater and store it underground.  I've seen huge pre-fabricated concrete ones put under WalMart parking lots and such. 

pcm1112

It's storm water detention piping

dukesdad

Sure looks like nothing is going on?

renovatorbear

When I drove past a couple days ago I thought I saw more brick being delivered near where the work had stopped on that new addition...

Good Time Charlie

Hopefully he's not about to put the big hurt on the taxpayers!

mustang54

Just went past the building and they are working again!! The lights were on inside and they were working  on the new entrance. Also was nice to see signs in the window that said Big Hurt Brewhouse! If he gets this finished he will be a big time hall of famer to Berwyn residents

Good Time Charlie

Hopefully he doesn't strike out with the bases juiced.

renovatorbear

Quite a bit of exterior progress...there's a parking lot!

dukesdad

Yeah, it finally looks like it's really happening.

Noble Falcon

I noticed the progress yesterday, As Hawk would say You can say You can put it on the board YES!  :usa:

berwynres

Noticed that BHB has a facebook page and is also on instagram.  Both provide a couple pics of the interior.  Work is progressing, it appears, but a lot left to do.  Site states they hope to be open in time for the Bears opening game in September.  Also, states they are accepting applications for servers.

mustang54

Went past there today a lot of work going on. The new entrance looks really nice!

dukesdad

Anyone know if they are actually going to brew there?

mustang54

Quote from: dukesdad on August 18, 2014, 04:30:20 PM
Anyone know if they are actually going to brew there?
All the articles I have read say they are. http://chicago.eater.com/archives/2014/07/30/big-hurt-brewpub-opening-soon.php#more