News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Is It Dead?

Started by mustang54, September 17, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on October 14, 2013, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on October 14, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
Quote from: mustang54 on October 14, 2013, 08:21:14 AM
  How can you watch a sport that takes four hours for a one to nothing game? That is ridiculous. How did Fergie Jenkins and Bob Gibson do it in under two hours?

You appear to be paying close attention to a sport that you're hastening to declare dead. Did you not enjoy watching "Cabrerra" [sic] for the past week or so? Or did he not make you want to turn on the TV?
Didn't watch an inning someone told me about the 4 hour game. When there is football and hockey on t v baseball to me doesn't exist. So to me yes the sport is still dead mark.

OK. The 4.5 million or so people who *are* watching will have to muddle along without you somehow. Enjoy watching hockey on television!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

seebee

Quote from: B o n s t e r on October 14, 2013, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: mustang54 on October 14, 2013, 08:21:14 AM
  How can you watch a sport that takes four hours for a one to nothing game?

Simple:
The pitcher-batter chess game.

JV and Mad Max are fun to watch when they are ON. Verlander smirks when he makes someone look foolish, and if the batter takes offense to it, JV will stare right back at him, and more than likely, try to make him look even worse on the next ab.

And Kershaw is just SICK. Everybody knows that swoopball is coming, doesn't matter. He is twenty freakin FIVE!

Also fun to watch St Louis' bunch of no name, kid sp's throw like they've been pitching in the bigs for 10 years. They just plug a new guy in after one gets hurt, and keep rolling.

dukesdad

I have never seen a World Series that generated less fan interest, except maybe in Boston and St Louis.

watcher

Quote from: dukesdad on October 31, 2013, 10:09:25 AM
I have never seen a World Series that generated less fan interest, except maybe in Boston and St Louis.

Twenty million viewers for Game 6. Those are 80s/early 90s numbers. Almost triple the putrid numbers for last years Giants/Tigers misery.

Two throwing errors by the Red Sox won games 2 & 3 for the Cards, so technically, Boston won all 6 games.

The puke factor rose slightly by the droning on and on about this being the first championship won AT Fenway since 1918. IMO, that was completely unnecessary to the narrative.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Bonster

Quote from: watcher on October 31, 2013, 03:27:29 PM
The puke factor rose slightly by the droning on and on about this being the first championship won AT Fenway since 1918. IMO, that was completely unnecessary to the narrative.

I couldn't agree more!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: watcher on October 31, 2013, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: dukesdad on October 31, 2013, 10:09:25 AM

Twenty million viewers for Game 6. Those are 80s/early 90s numbers. Almost triple the putrid numbers for last years Giants/Tigers misery.
Yep.
Traditionally, StL owns the Midwest market and Boston, the New England market. 

dukesdad

Bonster