News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

old arbys

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, September 22, 2013, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

Anyone know what's going up at the old arby's location on Harlem?
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

renovatorbear

No, but just glad to see it's coming down. There are way too many old, empty Arby's in the world.

dukesdad

is it coming down or being re-done?

berwynson

When I left Berwyn for good, my nephew, who grew up largely in Brookfield (R-B High Wrestling!!), then just out of the Marine Corps, told me of a really good tasting beef sandwich available at a place called "Arby's". He knew of them from being in California in the service. We had taken over a service station lease, ARCO, in Las Vegas, I pulled up and left Berwyn, so one day we did lunch at an Arby's over on Decatur Blvd. My first taste. I thought their damned beef was out of this world! Back then, I don't think there was a single Arby's between New Mexico and Illinois, no shit!

Side note: Years later, living in Phoenix, a city cop stopped at the Arby's just east of Central on Baseline Rd., SAW the young man in the back spit onto the sandwich he had ordered, and arrested him. The charge was: Endangering the life of a police officer. That kid, stupid as he was, must have had some POTENT saliva, no?     berwynson

renovatorbear

Quote from: dukesdad on September 24, 2013, 12:16:06 PM
is it coming down or being re-done?

Looks like a re-do. Not sure what it's going to be tho...

Diona

I've noticed the re-do of the building, but still haven't seen any signs up as to what is going in the building.  I would think SOMEONE bought the building, I wouldn't think the city would rehab the building "just because".

dukesdad

I have seen reports of Hardees moving into the Chicago market. That's a possibility I guess. Seems like a small footprint for them though.

NYWREB

It's another breakfast/greek diner type place - rumored to be same owner as Skylight(?)