News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

The Wire

Started by Boris, September 24, 2013, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

I'm surprised to see that no one has posted anything about this here yet, but a new nightclub/music venue is about to open on Roosevelt Road: The Wire.

THE WIRE
The complete creative incubator for musical ideas

"Located on Roosevelt Road in Berwyn, on Chicago's West Side, something is growing...a facility for music production, performance, education, and distribution unlike any other.  There will be a first class Venue, boasting top notch audio equipment, as well as full service modern lighting and video production.  A place every artist will want to play, and every fan will want to see.  There will be 2 world class Recording Studios, each outfitted with a mix of the latest technology and the best vintage pieces, designed to be operated either separately or in tandem to capture even the largest scale pieces, or the most intimate moments.  In addition, Wire will house composition suites, designed to give creatives from all over to have a private workspace within our workspace - to foster composition and idea incubation, and enable many production tasks to be completed outside of the main rooms, leaving them open for other artists, and offering a cost effective option for end-to-end song creation.  A full service music school will also be present on the premises, teaching not only instrument and rock band classes, but also recording techniques and technology, as well as lighting and event production.  It will truly be the most complete and comprehensive modern music curriculum available, taught by the best local talent, and supplemented by clinics and seminars by the finest talent in the world."

6815 W. ROOSEVELT ROAD BERWYN, IL 60402 USA

The new Grand Opening has been set - the October 4th & 5th weekend!
Tributosaurus Becomes ELO on Friday, October 4th
Mr Blotto on Saturday, October 5th
This will be a weekend to remember, and you can say you were there...an exciting new music venue on the first weekend - experience state of the art sound and lighting in a great atmosphere designed to heighten your musical experience in every way as two of Chicago's great bands christen the new stage!

http://wireismusic.com
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

mustang54

Someone did look under MUSIC.

Boris

Quote from: mustang54 on September 24, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
  Someone did look under MUSIC.

Just saw that ... but considering that it's a nightclub and bar (featuring 25 craft brews on tap!), it certainly fits here.

Boris

So I didn't make it to the grand opening of WIRE, but I did go to a neighborhood appreciation night (local band, free).

All I can say is: HOLEEE SHIT!

WIRE is on-par with venues like House of Blues and Park West Theater. To have a music venue like this in Berwyn is a game-changer.

mustang54

Quote from: Boris on October 23, 2013, 06:03:39 PM
So I didn't make it to the grand opening of WIRE, but I did go to a neighborhood appreciation night (local band, free).

All I can say is: HOLEEE SHIT!

WIRE is on-par with venues like House of Blues and Park West Theater. To have a music venue like this in Berwyn is a game-changer.
Thats great news. Tired of driving to the Arcada Theater in St. Charles to hear good music.

jailbee

Ricky Lee Jones will be there Nov. 7

buzz

Ch. 9 did a short segment on THE WIRE on their a.m. news.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

B60402

Just watched it - Around Town with Ana Beneval.  Good interview.

I think it's funny whenever there is a news article/interview at a Berwyn business, everyone puts an emphasis on Berwyn as if it is unbelievable that that is where they are located.  Not only this interview; any time a visit is made by Chicago's Best, etc., same reaction. 

buzz

Quote from: B60402 on January 30, 2014, 09:32:15 PM
WOW !  2 days in a row for Berwyn.  Today she was at Five Guys on Roos.

Bonster

Quote from: buzz on January 31, 2014, 09:32:48 AM
Quote from: B60402 on January 30, 2014, 09:32:15 PM
WOW !  2 days in a row for Berwyn.  Today she was at Five Guys on Roos.

Did you mean Big Guys on Roos, or Five Guys on Cermak?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

ooops!  Big Guys on Roos

MindoverMatter

What did they have to say about Big Guys??? Never been to that place.

buzz

Quote from: MindoverMatter on February 05, 2014, 01:19:37 PM
They talked about BEEF !  I wasn't paying a lot of attention til they mentioned Berwyn.

justme

Quote from: buzz on February 05, 2014, 08:02:46 PM
They talked about BEEF !  I wasn't paying a lot of attention til they mentioned Berwyn.

Have you tried their beef? I am stuck on that buffalo chicken sausage-so good! I always think I will try something else but always go back to that.

Bonster

Quote from: justme on February 05, 2014, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: buzz on February 05, 2014, 08:02:46 PM

Have you tried their beef? I am stuck on that buffalo chicken sausage-so good! I always think I will try something else but always go back to that.

Their beef is "OK," IMO... the one I had wasn't very flavorful.

But... that buffalo chicken snausage is killer!

I always try their specials, like the lamb sausage with feta smear, the turducken, or the rudolph (lol).

They also make the best burger I've tried in B'wyn! 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"