Waste Management needs to go!!

Started by berwyn senator, November 06, 2013, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: B o n s t e r on February 17, 2014, 10:57:52 PM
Quote from: Ted on February 17, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on February 17, 2014, 12:40:04 PM
Quote from: justme on February 17, 2014, 06:59:10 AM
Yep, everyone is all tough guy behind the keyboard but show up at leather night Touche and let's see what you are made of.

Every night is leather night there.   

LOL.... I haven't been there in decades but it was also a place for bears to hang out.  I think Friday used to be bear's night.

You may be right.  Every time I went there it was late and I was

What the heck were you doing at Touche's/

btw, justme, a better analogy might have been The Eagle (although I am not even sure that's still around).  I heard the leather guys there got really rough.

justme

Quote from: Ted on February 18, 2014, 06:50:07 AM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on February 17, 2014, 10:57:52 PM
Quote from: Ted on February 17, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on February 17, 2014, 12:40:04 PM
Quote from: justme on February 17, 2014, 06:59:10 AM
Yep, everyone is all tough guy behind the keyboard but show up at leather night Touche and let's see what you are made of.

Every night is leather night there.   

LOL.... I haven't been there in decades but it was also a place for bears to hang out.  I think Friday used to be bear's night.

You may be right.  Every time I went there it was late and I was

What the heck were you doing at Touche's/

btw, justme, a better analogy might have been The Eagle (although I am not even sure that's still around).  I heard the leather guys there got really rough.

Oh yeah! That would have been better....wonder if it IS still around?  My fault, my brain was fried and Touche was the first bar to come to mind haha

justme

Well, garbage is delayed on our block. WM truck kept getting stuck and spinning his tires and now he is completely stuck and can't move. Nice.

dukesdad

The driver should be fired for getting stuck. Waste Management should pick up our garbage for free for 5 years because of that guy.

justme

Took him about 10 minutes but he finally got out  ::)

berwyn senator

The driver must be a real schmuck!!!!!! need I say anymore about WM?

poppyday

We bought a house in Berwyn a little over a year ago, and until recently had no WM issues. Lately WM refuses to pick up our yard waste for some reason. We came home a couple weeks ago and found they had hurled our yard waste can (the yard waste can THEY gave us to use) over our fence into our yard. Why, angry we left it with yard waste in it?? We were confused about that so ever since we've been putting it in tidy yard waste bags, making sure they aren't overflowing or heavy to lift, etc. And they have just been leaving them each week, not bothering to take any of it. So last week we called WM and the lady we spoke to was super apologetic, and she sent someone out to collect it that day. We figured that was the end of it, but we just got home now and saw they didn't bother to take our 2 bags of yard waste yet again today. Is this par for the course with them, is this a personal thing, etc?? Does WM really suck that bad?? Other than that, we love living in Berwyn so far.

buzz

Quote from: poppyday on April 22, 2014, 09:09:25 PM
We came home a couple weeks ago and found they had hurled our yard waste can (the yard waste can THEY gave us to use) over our fence into our yard. Why, angry we left it with yard waste in it??
There's no excusing their actions but, I don't think that's a yard waste container.  Are you sure it isn't for your re-cyclables ?
They provided me with a container for garbage and a re-cyclable container.  You're on your own for yard waste.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

poppyday

We do have one for recyclables and another for garbage. They also gave each of us in our alley a green container for yard waste, some of my neighbors' cans even say 'yard waste' on them though ours doesn't. But since they tossed it over our fence we have just been using  yard waste bags, so there's no excuse for not taking those.

berwyn senator

To make it easier go to or call city hall and ask where to get stickers for each of your cans.I provide my own yard waste container,clearly marked.They will only take yard waste in bags marked as such,be sure to put a pretty bow and not to heavy for the fellow.WM is one of the worst haulers!!! Every time they come through our alley cans are left all over, never put back where they came from.Pieces of paper,plastic bottles are just left,heaven help the driver if he should bend down and pick up what he dropped!!!!!

poppyday

Good idea about stickers, thanks... and yeah we kept the bags light and easy for them to lift but I think you're right, they just suck  :P

berwyn senator

We have a purple can for recycling,green for regular garbage, very obvious! except to the WM driver. He would not take recycling one week because the sticker was half wore off!!!!!

Bonster

Quote from: poppyday on April 22, 2014, 10:26:19 PM
We do have one for recyclables and another for garbage. They also gave each of us in our alley a green container for yard waste, some of my neighbors' cans even say 'yard waste' on them though ours doesn't. But since they tossed it over our fence we have just been using  yard waste bags, so there's no excuse for not taking those.

It likely wasn't WM who gave you a yard waste container. 

Regardless, if they're not grabbing your yard waste, call WM.  866-570-4702
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: berwyn senator on April 22, 2014, 11:27:11 PM
We have a purple can for recycling,green for regular garbage, very obvious! except to the WM driver. He would not take recycling one week because the sticker was half wore off!!!!!

That's nuts - WM provides those stickers for their own cans. 

I'm not sure who provides the yard waste stickers, the city?  I was given a stack of them by a neighbor when I moved in.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwyn senator

I went to city hall for the stickers,Wm was putting orange ones on cans with worn stickers.I wonder if they would get away with these childish games in lets say Riverside? I can tolerate the orange stickers,but at least pick up the dropped garbage and put the cans back where they belong. Driving through our alley afterward is like driving on an obstacle course.

poppyday

'Childish games' pretty much sums it up. After calling WM several times they confirmed our yard waste should have been picked up by them, and to be fair they were very apologetic each time and couldn't figure out what was going on. Finally today, they actually picked up our yard waste. But this time, they chose not to empty our recycling can for some reason, despite always emptying it before. I guess for some reason WM is full of petty childish a-holes who decide to be pissy and hold grudges and/or just not do their jobs. Guess we'll just have to call them every time they don't pick up our stuff, which gets old. Oh well, what can you do?

berwyn senator

I will notify city hall of WM not picking up what they are supposed to,then I call WM.Took them five weeks and numerous calls to empty an over flowing can from a vacant building.Their employees are nothing but a pain in the ass! City hall does nothing!

justme

~LL~

WM used to be better/efficient/conscientious.  Now - not so much IMO.  At least twice a month they do not pick up up either our trash or recyclables.  Granted, it is rare that either tote is completely full -- but we are paying for weekly pickup-right?  During warm/hot weather the left over trash is a stinking problem.  I call - always told they will pick up following week.  While not acceptable - seems no recourse or remedy; they will not, "...can not...come back same day to pick up".  Brick wall vs taxpaying residents.  Phooey!
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

berwyn senator

Garbage spilled in the alley or even left in cans draws animals,Berwyn has had a rat problem,some years worse than others,as do surrounding Suburbs.WM is not helping the problem,along with the ignorant that leave open cans of over flowing garbage.When Wm comes through the alley the driver will not take or pick up anything he doesn't want to.Plastic bottles blow out of the can or truck are left,also papers.Never do the cans go back where they belong,at times just getting through the alley is a obstacle course.