News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Hookah Buzz II Coming to the Depot District

Started by justme, November 16, 2013, 05:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

Because there is such a huge demand for a hookah bar here  ::)

buzz

Quote from: justme on November 16, 2013, 05:47:12 PM
depends on what they're smokin'
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

pkd50

Sandy

"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

justme

Quote from: buzz on November 16, 2013, 05:58:17 PM
Quote from: justme on November 16, 2013, 05:47:12 PM
depends on what they're smokin'

Well if it's what the people who think this is a good idea are smoking, then I want  some.

I have nothing against hookah. But really? That's all they could come up with for the precious Depot?

berwyn senator

berwyn senator

Desperation is beginning to show. What is wrong that Berwyn Depot District cannot attract a restaurant such as Tony's in Brookfield?  Tony's draws people from all over the area, the idea is to bring in a business that will draw people to our area, thus helping Berwyn.  Remember Copperfield's?

scams1

How can you possibly want Tonys to come to the depot?  Tonys is no better than steak n egger. Their food is terrible. There is no way that they attract people from outside the area. And the service sucks. Good luck getting a refill of coffee.

dukesdad

Tony's gives you lots of bad food, cheap! Seems perfect.

berwyn senator

Well then lets open more Taco stands, I just love the bright colored hand painted signs.Tonys attracts more people then one thinks.We all have our own thoughts and taste,understandable.There is not one  business in the area that is able to stand on its own,or is capable of drawing people to the area. I am sure a taco after a visit to the Hookah store is a five star evening.

MC

I really enjoy the food at La Notte in the DD.  It's a little pricey but the food is really good.

dukesdad

+1 on La Notte. We always tell ourselves we should go there more often. I guess pricey is why we don't.

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 18, 2013, 08:24:30 PM
Well then lets open more Taco stands, I just love the bright colored hand painted signs.Tonys attracts more people then one thinks.We all have our own thoughts and taste,understandable.There is not one  business in the area that is able to stand on its own,or is capable of drawing people to the area. I am sure a taco after a visit to the Hookah store is a five star evening.

Agreed. We have eaten at Tony's MANY times. Great food, great service and the place is always busy so they are doing something right!

Fer

Anyone want to place a bet on how long the hookah place lasts?

I'm not wishing anyone any ill will, but it just seems like a bad idea to me...

"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

Bonster

Quote from: dukesdad on November 19, 2013, 10:27:27 AM
+1 on La Notte. We always tell ourselves we should go there more often. I guess pricey is why we don't.
Lack-of-good-service-y is why we don't. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: justme on November 19, 2013, 11:38:01 AM

Agreed. We have eaten at Tony's MANY times. Great food, great service and the place is always busy so they are doing something right!

I think they put laxatives in it.

justme

Quote from: B o n s t e r on November 20, 2013, 02:56:38 PM

or crack

Bonster

Quote from: justme on November 21, 2013, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on November 20, 2013, 02:56:38 PM

or crack
LOL... I think you're right.

berwyn senator

I think we get to personal with restaurants,its not what I like or do not like the bottom line is a restaurant that draws people and will continue to do so.The other issue is to clean up the crime and get the low lives out of the area.