News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Happy New Year Berwyn

Started by pkd50, January 01, 2014, 12:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

You'll never be what you once were, but there are a lot of good people trying to make you much better than you ever were.  I hope this is your year!

justme

And a Happy 2014 to you as well! ;)

PamF

Sad though that a man was murdered yesterday on Oak Park avenue.

justme

Quote from: PamF on January 01, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
Sad though that a man was murdered yesterday on Oak Park avenue.

What? What happened??

pkd50

justme

Just a kid but i am sure there is more to the story.  That's the "barber shop" right by the DCOB HQ. And across from the Burger King where you can get drugs and hookers LOL!

And dont you have to be licensed to cut hair anyway?

PamF

Evidently, in Berwyn you do not need to have a license.

justme

Quote from: PamF on January 01, 2014, 09:37:43 PM
Evidently, in Berwyn you do not need to have a license.

No surprise there. Why should Berwyn follow state regulations when they don't even follow their own...

berwyn senator

Sad to hear such a waste of a young life.Where we not just talking about that area? I would believe you are correct when you say there is much more to the story.Do I need to say any more about shootings?

justme

According to the comments, he was meeting someone to buy a pair of $1800 shoes (which they said was a deal since they run over $2000 normally). Who the HELL buys $1800 shoes? This isn't Beverly Hills.

Guy_on_Clinton

Like a craiglist deal gone horribly wrong?!?!

So sad.... 
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

berwyn senator

Sounds like a bunch of B.S. to me,I can.t assume but I have a personal felling about this one.Think! how the hell is a 20yr. old kid cutting hair able to afford expensive shoes.I guess the same way kids going to Morton afford gold jewelry cars and other expensive articles.

Good Time Charlie

You sure can assume. And assume you have!

MindoverMatter

It was a craiglist deal gone bad!  People can afford shoes when your 20 living at home and no bills.  Bad spending habits.  Yet its still very sad. 

justme

Quote from: MindoverMatter on January 02, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
It was a craiglist deal gone bad!  People can afford shoes when your 20 living at home and no bills.  Bad spending habits.  Yet its still very sad.

There is no way I would have been able to afford shoes like that when I was living at home with no bills. $1800? Screw the shoes! If I had that kind of money to spare, I'm taking a vacation and getting the hell out of the Midwest!

If a kid living in Berwyn is buying $1800 shoes it doesn't take a genius to figure out where the money came from.

Of course we are all assuming that the comment about the shoes is true.

Again I still say there is more, since  there has been no update  to the story. Even The Life doesn't say anything about a suspect, motive,etc

buzz

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: buzz on January 02, 2014, 08:44:49 PM
Quote from: justme on January 02, 2014, 03:07:18 PM
Who the HELL buys $1800 shoes?
but they were Bergoglio's !

This is a shoe deal gone bad.  The majority of your people in Berwyn have no idea what $1800.00 shoes look like without a Kardashian catalog.  Word.

berwyn senator

Your correct in saying the majority of Berwyn people have no idea what the $1800 shoes look like.But they know what $1800 looks like after putting the money in a good investment.

dukesdad

For a kid like this, $1800 shoes are a good investment. I'm sure he had no intention of wearing them, but of finding someone that would pay him $2500 for them. People collect shoes just like you used to collect stamps or coins, there appears to be an active market on eBay for this particular shoe. Perhaps he had visions of turning them over and raising some quick Christmas cash.