News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Happy New Year Berwyn

Started by pkd50, January 01, 2014, 12:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Would have been better off clicking the heels twice.

Ted

This was the story and headline in the Berwyn Life.  It misspelled the word imminent but put it in quotes in the headline.

I found that odd.  Why would they put it in quotes and then misspell the word?

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2014/01/03/police-say-arrest-is-immanent-in-berwyn-murder/a6aj6zp/

Police say arrest is 'immanent' in Berwyn murder

BERWYN – Berwyn police believe an arrest will be made soon in the Dec. 31 murder of a 20-yer-old Berwyn man.Berwyn police responded to a call of a man lying down and bleeding ...

justme

There is no excuse in this day and age for misspelling when it comes to newspapers. That just makes it look like a bigger joke.

I like how they say that it's "only" the second murder here.  ::)

buzz

Did anyone read that comment by rfisher ?  What's that all about ?
I've quoted it below.

View/Add Comments Most Recent Comment
rfischer wrote on January 3, 2014 7:13 p.m. ...
It is amazing what is going on in this town. Crime on the street and also in the politics. How bout that illegal $92,000 loan that the Berwyn Development Corp gave to the owners of OOT back in Oct. so the owners can pay off their back property taxes on the building. The rules for the commercial loan program specifically state that loans cannot be used to pay off business debt or back property taxes but somehow they received the loan anyways. And somehow they used the Seneca restaurant property as collateral for the loan. I didn't even know that the owners of OOT had interest in Seneca also.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

justme

Well , I have heard for a long time that Seneca has been struggling. And, there are city hall employees connected to OoT so I am sure there are favors going on..

markberwyn

Quote from: buzz on January 03, 2014, 07:47:26 PM
Did anyone read that comment by rfisher ?  What's that all about ?
I've quoted it below.

View/Add Comments Most Recent Comment
rfischer wrote on January 3, 2014 7:13 p.m. ...
It is amazing what is going on in this town. Crime on the street and also in the politics. How bout that illegal $92,000 loan that the Berwyn Development Corp gave to the owners of OOT back in Oct. so the owners can pay off their back property taxes on the building. The rules for the commercial loan program specifically state that loans cannot be used to pay off business debt or back property taxes but somehow they received the loan anyways. And somehow they used the Seneca restaurant property as collateral for the loan. I didn't even know that the owners of OOT had interest in Seneca also.

Sounds like some Berwyn-grade shit stirring. How would somebody would know how the loaned money was used? If OOT got a loan and then paid off some back property taxes, that doesn't mean the OOT wasn't still using $92,000 for its appropriate use. Another whiff of Ye Olde Bullshite: The poster can't say what the money was used for exactly. Was it business debt or back taxes, big guy?

BDC is a public entity and the city council approves the commercial loans, so presumably details of the loan aren't hard to find. Not sure why using another property as collateral is suspect.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

justme

I don't understand how they could owe back taxes. How many years did they not file?

~LL~

Quote from: justme on January 03, 2014, 05:59:26 PM
There is no excuse in this day and age for misspelling when it comes to newspapers. That just makes it look like a bigger joke.

+1!  And, do not even get me started on grammar... good grief!
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

psychomom

"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: justme on January 02, 2014, 03:07:18 PM
According to the comments, he was meeting someone to buy a pair of $1800 shoes (which they said was a deal since they run over $2000 normally). Who the HELL buys $1800 shoes? This isn't Beverly Hills.

There is subculture that is into different types of sneakers.  I know a dude that had several hundred pairs.  I thought it was nuts, but he trades/sold them too.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato