News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Just A Few Suggestions

Started by berwyn senator, January 12, 2014, 12:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Was business slow? maybe the weather? or better yet why don't any of  the business  owners drive through other towns.What difference,their walks are all clean ,no big piles left from the plows.Streets are clean to the curbs,all parking is clean.Berwyn what a joke! the business streets look like shit,if you park you step out of your car right in ice and snow.Than comes the challenge of getting over the piles left by the plows.Do you think this was attractive to the consumer? Other towns were clean and easy to walk to a store or restaurant,people were out shopping.Change starts with small things like keeping the business area shoveled and clean,at least make them look presentable and convenient.

justme

Businesses here take no pride in their property and the city gives them no reason to. Drive through other cities and you see windows being washed, sidewalks being swept, shoveled , hosed down,etc. There's litter all over in front of the businesses here but like I said, the city does nothing to them so why should they care? Just like he residents who don't take care of their property, no one does anything to them so they have no reason to make improvements.

mustang54

I cannot understand why some posters still live in Berwyn. Bitch,and moan bitch and moan about every little thing. Why stay if its so fucking bad? Seriously. 20 inches of snow followed by artic cold we haven't seen in years and you whine like frickin little babies. Get away from your pc grab a shovel and get off your lazy ass and shovel. Or go in your pocket and hire someone if its that bad. I am so tired of hearing "MY TAX DOLLLARS." If you feel cheated by the city MOVE. No one is forcing you to stay. Some here are never happy about anything! BTW if your a senior you should sell and move to Cicero, they will spoil you!   

buzz

Quote from: mustang54 on January 12, 2014, 10:11:19 PM
Bitch,and moan bitch and moan about every little thing. Why stay if its so fucking bad?
Wait.  They're just warming up for all the "freeze thaw", "pothole", "Spring rains", "flooding", and "that smell from Pershing Rd." complaints.  Oh, the 1st installment taxes too !
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwyn senator

How stupid can you be?20 inches of snow! lets try 10.Who's worrying about our tax dollars?Then why are you worried about loans being made to businesses and what city government is doing? Don't bullshit your not worried about your tax dollars,your just disturbing the pot while hanging on others coat tales,maybe no balls?What I say is true,prove me wrong!Another real dumb comment telling people who care to move,so you can live in a mess and never worry about improving.All people should care Berwyn would again be great,not that it isn't getting better.I say what I think needs to be said not childless immature accusations.

mustang54

Senator my point is there is a time to complain and a time to look at the facts and give them a pass. EVER town had trouble moving the snow from this storm. A whole lot more than usual fell and the the sub zero weather froze it. Also when its that cold salt no longer works. Complain all you want Senator when they deserve it. I don't stir pots I just give my opinion.

Good Time Charlie

I like the idea of giving them a shovel!

berwyn senator

EVER town had trouble? How many EVER towns were you or your flunkies in?Forest View,North Riverside,Riverside,Oak Park, want more? Berwyn has never been known as a town able to clean the streets after a snow.By the way how come other towns streets were clean to the pavement?Even during a cold period when salt did not work in Berwyn.Excuses, Excuses!I am interested in knowing why people can make an investment in property in a town and profess to not care about the crap that goes on around them. Most of you are stuck hear like it or not,why not get involved trying to improve things.Me I love Berwyn and want to see things improve. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on January 13, 2014, 01:02:08 PM
EVER town had trouble? How many EVER towns were you or your flunkies in?Forest View,North Riverside,Riverside,Oak Park, want more? Berwyn has never been known as a town able to clean the streets after a snow.By the way how come other towns streets were clean to the pavement?Even during a cold period when salt did not work in Berwyn.Excuses, Excuses!I am interested in knowing why people can make an investment in property in a town and profess to not care about the crap that goes on around them. Most of you are stuck hear like it or not,why not get involved trying to improve things.Me I love Berwyn and want to see things improve. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Amen!

mustang54

Hey jerkoff don't refer to my family members as flunkies. Don't be so excited about spewing your poison and try and comprehend what others write. I have said many times Berwyns snow removal is the worst in the area. Take a deep breath and go back and read very slowly. And yes EVERY town had problems with this storm. I myself was in Cicero,Berwyn,Oak Park,North Riverside,Riverside,Stickney,Forest View,
Lyons,Brookfield,LaGrange,Hinsdale,Bolingbrook, and Naperville. They were all worse than ever.You love Berwyn,want things to improve? Attend meetings and ask questions and make some recomendations. Don't just come on here and bitch and moan from your p c. All your doing here is making yourself look like a crabby old man.

mustang54

Senator what days were you in those towns when the streets were down to the pavement? What days were you out?

~LL~

Quote from: mustang54 on January 12, 2014, 10:11:19 PM
  I cannot understand why some posters still live in Berwyn. Bitch,and moan bitch and moan about every little thing. Why stay if its so fucking bad? Seriously. 20 inches of snow followed by artic cold we haven't seen in years and you whine like frickin little babies. Get away from your pc grab a shovel and get off your lazy ass and shovel. Or go in your pocket and hire someone if its that bad. I am so tired of hearing "MY TAX DOLLLARS." If you feel cheated by the city MOVE. No one is forcing you to stay. Some here are never happy about anything! BTW if your a senior you should sell and move to Cicero, they will spoil you!

+1.  Wish these whiners would step up and get involved -- as in, "If you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem."
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

berwyn senator

First I am far from a crabby old man ,old fart yes, I need to correct you I never would attack anyones family!!!!!! Unfortunately you may have misunderstood my intentions,only do I respond to those who post,referring to some as flunkies yes.I do apologize,if you felt my post was directed at your family. I promise I will start keeping a calendar on what days I was in these towns.The one you are not going to like is Sunday during the heavy snow,I was in North Riverside.The streets were excellent!!!!! Oh! I also went through Riverside,same thing. Screw the meetings way to political!!! find the right guy! I hope you don't take any of this personal I feel posting is sometimes like two people in a bar disagreeing after a few to many.I am not posting to make a fool out of anyone nor to create a disagreement,just fun!