News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Parrilla Express

Started by Big Ten, January 16, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Ten

Located at the corner of 34th/Ogden/Ridgeland.

After driving past for the past month or two, we finally stopped in for lunch today.  Great menu - soups, salads, sandwiches, wings, burgers, and "Parrilla Plates" of ribs, chicken, and steak. Prompt service.  Fair prices.  Worth a try.  Also open for breakfast. 

We had their Route 66 burger and Chicken Avocado Panini, and both were great.  We'll be back for lunch, and to try the breakfast.

Parking is limited, but the food more than makes up for it.

http://parrillaexpress.com/#_menu

mustang54

Thanks for posting this. Go by there every day. Like many others I thought it was another Mexican place because of the name. Will have to check it out.Thanks again.

justme

Yes, thank you! Misleading name, we didn't even look twice because we thought it was another Mexcan restaurant as well, but the menu looks really good. We will have to try it out, too bad they dont deliver.

moose

I've ate there once, so far, the food was very good, and they do deliver.
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

Bonster

I went there once and it was all right.  Not enough to draw me from the other side of town, but if I lived nearby I'd patronize it.
Let me find my BCK review...

"OK, so I went last night after reading Vince's view of
the steak dinners. I grabbed the "steak plate," which
was two thin slices of sirloin, slice of garlic bread, a
pedestrian salad, cole slaw, and a side. It wasn't great,
but was a good deal for only $9.99; just tender enough
to eat with the plastic cutlery. I got the mac 'n cheese
side. It was a box mix, but the portion was large. They
also gave me a complementary sampling of their cream
of chicken soup which was decent."
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

justme

Quote from: moose on January 17, 2014, 11:05:19 AM
I've ate there once, so far, the food was very good, and they do deliver.

Ah great!! Thanks!

exPROPer

We were there last week.  Not bad at all and we love places that start you out with a cup of soup!

Ted

Quote from: exPROPer on February 16, 2014, 08:38:49 AM
We were there last week.  Not bad at all and we love places that start you out with a cup of soup!

I went there about 2 weeks ago and I loved the soup sample.  It was cream of chicken rice.  I've been there twice - once I got shish-kabob and the second time bbq chicken.  It was OK.  Convenient for take out since it's only a block away.

But, I did love the soup.

justme

This is good to know because sometimes we just want some good soup , especially in this weather!

mustang54

Really like this place. The cream of chicken soup is OUTSTANDING. The ribeye steak sandwhich is really good. Try the side order of oven baked potatoes instead of fries, you won't be sorry. Hope this place makes it very nice people with some really good food options.

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on April 03, 2014, 03:28:42 PM
  Really like this place. The cream of chicken soup is OUTSTANDING. The ribeye steak sandwhich is really good. Try the side order of oven baked potatoes instead of fries, you won't be sorry. Hope this place makes it very nice people with some really good food options.

+1 on the cream of chicken soup.  I went there the other day and had the cream of chicken soup.  Also, had the shish-ka-bob;

The shish-ka-bob was not on a stick but it was very good with the green/red peppers and onions over rice.

But, I absolutely agree on the cream of chicken soup.

Mugster

I was also impressed with this place.  The Chicken kabob on rice was very good.  I really hope business picks up for them.

buzz

Really good cream of chicken soup !
The shish-ka-bob over rice was well flavored and the whole meal is really a lot of food.  I couldn't detect any salt in anything, and that's great for me.
I'll go back again but not for breakfast; they don't open til 9a.m. and I eat a lot earlier than that.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

pkd50

seebee

You can park on 34th just west of the joint. They also have a teeny lot just west of the bldg. Kind of a two car side by side lot.
Reminds me of Alpine  :oink:

I like the place, decent eats. The cream of chicky soup was definitely not all that, imo. It was a little more on the standard foodservice glop side of the spectrum than I was expecting from all the positive remarks here. I'd say try and catch Tonini's on a cream of chicken/rice soup day. Last time I had some there, it was fkn exemplary. It actually had cream and chicken in it and it wasn't mostly gloppy cornstarch goo. Outside of the soup, tho, I liked Parilla. Did a veggie omelet, and a burger. Fresh veggies for the omelet, and their homemade salsa was really decent. Nice kick for the eggs. Pancakes were decent (my preference in the area for pancakes is still Connie's, but Parilla's were just fine.) Burger was a kid's meal, had a bite - decent.

Bonster

Quote from: seebee on April 16, 2014, 07:51:45 PM
The cream of chicky soup was definitely not all that, imo. It was a little more on the standard foodservice glop side of the spectrum

(IOW, canned)

Bonster

I'll have to check it out again after all these reviews.  I keep forgetting about the place.