News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Big Guy's Groupon

Started by justme, January 27, 2014, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukesdad

Must be having a rough Winter, I hate to see stores resorting to Groupon. It's a tough habit to break.

Bonster

I thought, per what he says, they're doing pretty good.  The crowds seem about the same as ever.  Hopefully they're trying to draw more ppl to their catering, which they've been pushing lately. 

Hope so, cause I love their specials.  May have the best cheeseburger in town.   ( I haven't tried Bubba's or Wishbone's, yet)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

seebee

Wait!
What the shit?
Wishbone is open????
Bonster - you are on my shitlist. I don't see any posts about Wishbone being open!

(Yes, I know it's my fault for not knowing on my own, but it's easier to blame others.)

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: dukesdad on January 27, 2014, 01:21:51 PM
Must be having a rough Winter, I hate to see stores resorting to Groupon. It's a tough habit to break.
But sometimes a necessary one.  Groupon can open up your business to a future customer base that perhaps never took a good look before and if they like your stuff maybe they'll keep on coming back.  As I like to say about birthdays as I get older - it's better than the alternative.  Actually, I will buy one.  I have read positive reviews about Big Guy's but have never tried them out.  I don't like to get too far out of my comfort zone and that IS North Berwyn:)

justme

I agree. I am a Groupon junkie (mostly for the "Goods" section-you can get some great deals!), but I have gotten Groupons for places that I have been curious about and wind up really liking them. Also a few stores like Old Navy, The Body Shop.etc have done the "$10 for $20 worth of merchandise" Groupons and those are great, especially around the holidays. We love saving where we can and every little bit helps!

berwynson

WTH is "groupons"?

Sounds like a fun place with naked people cavorting.............berwynson

Good Time Charlie

That's a gropeon. Groupons are coupons for restaurants usually.

berwynson

Ha, Ha! Your version sounds very much more preferable to coupons, unless they pay for the entry fee!    :-[     berwynson

pkd50

I've been buying Groupons for a couple of months for the three California cities I'm visiting.  Got some real good deals on tours.