Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

from David Avila, on BCK:

At tonight's board meeting, I am proud to have helped initiate
and pass along with Elizabeth Pechous, Edward Espinosa,
Beverly Pastorek, Aimée Sordelli, and Tom Pavlik, the Berwyn
Township Farmer's Market Festival!! It will commence Sunday
June 1st from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. And every first Sunday through
October. There will be healthy & local targeted entertainment.
Thank you BCK'ers!! Your input and interest was vital in making
this happen. A special thanks to Ali Marie and The FM Advisory
Committee. More details to follow
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

It will be at Leasak Park, adjacent to the Berwyn public health building at 26th & East Ave.

Ted

I like this new location. I think it will be more visible and better than the Depot District, where the old Farmer's Market used to be.

I hope they make sure to schedule dates that don't interfere with other Farmer's Markets in the area. 

exPROPer

This is the greatest news!!!!  Hopefully, there will be lots of healthy food/veggie vendors rather than Avon (and such) products.

justme

Quote from: exPROPer on February 12, 2014, 06:11:48 AM
This is the greatest news!!!!  Hopefully, there will be lots of healthy food/veggie vendors rather than Avon (and such) products.

Exactly. That is where the other market failed. Hopefully this is FOOD/VEGGIE ONLY.  I hope they did extensive research and check other markets, talked to others who run markets,etc  to ensure a successful one for our city.

Bonster

Quote from: justme on February 12, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Exactly. That is where the other market failed. Hopefully this is FOOD/VEGGIE ONLY.

Bands.  Not sure about crafts...

justme

Quote from: B o n s t e r on February 13, 2014, 12:31:11 AM
Quote from: justme on February 12, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Exactly. That is where the other market failed. Hopefully this is FOOD/VEGGIE ONLY.

Bands.  Not sure about crafts...

Well yeah musicians are good for the atmosphere there but I mean as far as what is for sale. Crafts? No because then it's an arts and crafts sale and we all saw what happened to the arts and crafts sale at the Houby Parade...

justme

There was an article online about how they are looking for craft vendors. That is going to make it turn into the last famer's market that failed here. I go to many farmer's markets and the closest I see to crafts are homemade soaps and essential oils and that isn't even all that common.

If I want crafts I will go to a craft show. I go to a farmer's market for fruits and veggies (and than amazing Primo Pizza at Riverside's!)