News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

I.H.S.A Is a Joke!

Started by mustang54, March 04, 2014, 09:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Well the morons at the I.H.S.A. have once again shown their ignorance and incompetence. C.P.S administrators made Currie High Schools boys basketball team forfeit their entire season and their public league championship due to allowing failing students to play ALL YEAR. I read it was like 7 kids. Now the I.H.S.A is letting them play in the state tournament because they now say they have no such rules!! BULLSHIT. Or are the rules different for basketball or black schools? A couple of years ago they raised the standard for failing classes in football. This is a disgrace to student athletics. Did they cave in because of the top extortionist in Illinois Jesse Jackson started whining? A petition was signed by a thousand people,who gives a shit. You could get a whole lot more if you circulated a petition to keep them out.
  I have always said Ice Hockey, and Rugby are the best run high school sports in Illinois, why? because they are not part of the I.H.S.A. That organization always has and always will be worthless. What bothers me even more is Jackson says they shouldn't punish the kids because of the adults! Hey dumb ass the adults were wrong but the kids were the ones WHO failed their classes!! They are told in every school and every sport they have to maintain grades to participate in a sport. I commend the CPS administrators maybe they can teach the I.H.S.A members how to do their job! I guess I.H.S.A believes in being an athlete first and a student second, if you can dunk a basketball.

The Jackal

An amazing collection of lunkheads and doofuses. Trust me. I appeared before them in Bloomington on an eligibilty issue concerning a Serbian refugee basketball player a few years back.

mustang54

Four years ago went to watch our nephew play in Joliet for the state high school baseball championship. His team won but when the I.H.S.A clowns handed out the medals to the second place team they had to take them back because they gave them the first place medals by mistake!! What was really scary is these people are educators!! These doofuses actually teach kids.

jfrickind

Are you sure they're educators?  Or just a part of the education scheme?  Are they legit in the classroom?

mustang54

Quote from: jfrickind on March 04, 2014, 01:03:29 PM
Are you sure they're educators?  Or just a part of the education scheme?  Are they legit in the classroom?
The ones I saw were former teachers who are now administrators, that is scary.

jfrickind

There's a difference between a classroom teacher - someone who is actually in the classroom and administrators - someone who purposefully got out of the classroom.

Most good teachers won't become administrators because then they'll be removed from the classroom.  Most bad teachers (or mediocre teachers) see it as a way to stay in education but not teach.

It's hard for classroom teachers to take orders from administrators that have spent no or very little time in the classroom (under 5 years).  And now they fast track people that have never stepped foot in the classroom as a teacher to become an administrator. 

So, administrators are not classroom teachers and they more than likely spent very little time educating.

JD

mustang54

jfrickland what you state has become the norm in a lot of work places these days not just in education. It is the biggest complaint I hear from working people regardless of what they do for a living. On the other hand I have seen MANY classroom teachers who chose to stay in the classroom when they NEVER should have been in one in the first place. Whats worse is they retire with six figure pensions. It is refreshing to see you admit there are bad teachers out there. A lot of teachers will never admit that. They stick together like bad cops.