News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Andy's Frozen Custard

Started by justme, March 22, 2014, 09:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

We decided to stop by this evening around 9pm and the place was packed! Line of cars around the building for the drive thru and a big line inside. We went in and they do get you in and out fast though. Great selection of frozen custard, shakes,malts, etc and it was very good too. I go the custom concrete with peanut butter cups and it was $5 for a small (10.5oz) which was more than enough.If you are up in Countryside, you should check it out:

http://eatandys.com/

I know there is another new frozen yogurt place going into the old Borders location in LaGrange (they divided that space into several spots and they are now all full) and when I went by yesterday, I see that they have the self-serve machines and some furniture in there already. We always seek out places like these here you can grab a little treat and have a nice walk. Or after dinner in LaGrange, we could walk it off and get some dessert  :oink:

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: justme on March 22, 2014, 09:49:22 PM
We decided to stop by this evening around 9pm and the place was packed! Line of cars around the building for the drive thru and a big line inside. We went in and they do get you in and out fast though. Great selection of frozen custard, shakes,malts, etc and it was very good too. I go the custom concrete with peanut butter cups and it was $5 for a small (10.5oz) which was more than enough.If you are up in Countryside, you should check it out:

I know there is another new frozen yogurt place going into the old Borders location in LaGrange (they divided that space into several spots and they are now all full) and when I went by yesterday, I see that they have the self-serve machines and some furniture in there already. We always seek out places like these here you can grab a little treat and have a nice walk. Or after dinner in LaGrange, we could walk it off and get some dessert  :oink:
Wow, great to hear how much you enjoy eating decadent desserts in LaGrange while you have almost nothing good to say about most anything in Berwyn, the town where you live.  I really admire that. 

justme

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on March 22, 2014, 10:43:17 PM

Wow, great to hear how much you enjoy eating decadent desserts in LaGrange while you have almost nothing good to say about most anything in Berwyn, the town where you live.  I really admire that.

Well when our city doesn't offer what we need, we go elsewhere. Over The Rainbow is gone so that leaves us with nothing.
But thank you. Your compliments are always so very much appreciated.

pkd50

Andy's is crowded often.   I still haven't been there, because it just doesn't seem like ice cream weather.  I can walk to Andy's and my favorite is the Highland Queen, which is old school like Tastee Freeze.  I think that's a Berwyn gem.

Bonster

Quote from: pkd50 on March 23, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
my favorite is the Highland Queen, which is old school like Tastee Freeze.  I think that's a Berwyn gem.

Tastee Freeze is a chain - Highland Queen is the best!  I could go for a butterscotch shake right now! 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

justme

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 24, 2014, 03:27:59 AM
Quote from: pkd50 on March 23, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
my favorite is the Highland Queen, which is old school like Tastee Freeze.  I think that's a Berwyn gem.

Tastee Freeze is a chain - Highland Queen is the best!  I could go for a butterscotch shake right now!

Oh yeah! Highland Queen butterscotch shakes...I could have one every day... :oink:

seebee

Quote from: justme on March 23, 2014, 08:59:02 AM
Well when our city doesn't offer what we need, we go elsewhere. Over The Rainbow is gone so that leaves us with nothing.

I think Rissi's is selling the Hershey's Ice Cream that OTR was.

justme

Quote from: seebee on March 24, 2014, 08:10:38 PM
Quote from: justme on March 23, 2014, 08:59:02 AM

I think Rissi's is selling the Hershey's Ice Cream that OTR was.

Even so, she closes at 8pm and the few times we went during the day she wasn't even open when the sign said she would be. Shame because it's a cute little store.

Bonster

Whoa, drove by this place last night but couldn't stop in... looks awesome!!  I will be making an excuse to get out there again this week.   
Thanks for the heads up on this one!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"