Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Deportation protest marchers coming to Cicero, Berwyn April 7

Started by justme, March 31, 2014, 01:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

Quote from: Suzy Q on April 01, 2014, 01:25:41 PM
Thank you Mustang 54 for speaking up!  If our government was doing the job that they were supposed to do according to the law, we would not be in this predicament with all of these ILLEGAL aliens.  Why is the law bent for them?  Many are waiting to get in legally and they should be our first priority.  Enough is enough!  Why should we give the time of day to people who continually want to screw the law and us?  Screw the march.  Take care of your business legally!

Very well said! And what we can do is support companies that hire only LEGAL  citizens

http://wehirealiens.com/

buzz

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 02, 2014, 11:45:41 AM
Why don't they follow the legal immigration policy?  I've got numerous friends here who came over and became citizens, none of them broke the law to get here and then expected to get a free pass.
Yep, me too, and not just Hispanic.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

markweiner

So if you support companies that only hire LEGAL citizens, what are you going to eat?

All the produce is picked by aliens.

Most restaurants hire aliens.

Most food companies hire aliens.

Suggest you move to a warm climate and have your own 24/7
farm.

My father came in to the US legally in 1938 on the last boat allowed in before WWII. Hitler
got the rest of his family.

Many, many others were not so fortunate

Check out Voyage of the Damned: book or movie.

Our immigration policies do not allow enough people to immigrate legally.

I suppose you only want goods from China where the majority of workers are treated
quite poorly and given slim wages.

Or, you want your customer service to be run from India; again where workers are
treated quite poorly and given slim wages.

Our immigration laws are quite complex.

Before you choose to support companies and business that hire only LEGAL citizens,
check out our laws.   See if that is possible.

Or, get to know the US companies. A lot more is going on than simply
immigration.

As Elie Wiesel said, no human being is illegal.

Ignorance is bliss. Ciao for now.

mustang54

Time for more of your intellectual mind games? Not all aliens are illegal. I'm sure you are smart enough to know that before you typed it.

"Our immigration policies do not allow enough people to immigrate legally."
Really? That's just an opinion. No human being is illegal?That's true it's their actions that are illegal. You are smart enough to know that too.
  Mark I am very glad you mentioned goods from China. It amazes me that a whole lot of people who are so politically correct in their thinking and comments in this country worship a company like Apple. The people in China who make their products are some of the worst treated employees in the world. Yet millions can't wait to buy every new toy they come out with. While Apple laughs all the way to the bank. Just shows how many true hypocrites there really are.

buzz

Nice try Mark, but what part of illegal don't you understand ?
Quote from: markweiner on April 02, 2014, 07:27:23 PM
My father came in to the US legally in 1938 on the last boat allowed in before WWII. Hitler
got the rest of his family.
Man you're stretching it.  You're gonna' play the Hitler card ?
Our immigration policies do not allow enough people to immigrate legally.
Bullshit, that's only your opinion.
We have quotas.  We have visas.  We have work visas.  We have work programs that accomodate agriculture.  And, we actively seek highly skilled workers.
What happened is that Harold Washington and the "Rainbow Coalition" and the Father Flager's of the world worked to declare Chicago a "sanctuary city" and we simply opened a flood gate of illegal migration.       

markberwyn

Interesting that the heated responses to markweiner's excellent post focused on the question of whether enough people can immigrate legally, and not whether we as a society actually like having the cheap labor immigrants provide.

If illegal immigration were really and truly such a terrible drain on our society, why is there not the political will to start the process of "deporting 'em all" (assuming that in itself wouldn't be an economic drain)?

(Hint: The answer isn't "bleeding-heart liberals keep coddling illegals.")
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

mustang54

Bleeding heart liberals is the answer. They talk about reform and do nothing they are just trying to garner minority votes. Just like they do nothing about education but in election years both are part of their lies. Now you can add the minimum wage game by these morons. A living wage? Get a fucking education or some job training instead of expecting the rest of society to pay more to support you. Like I said earlier the more they bullshit about minimum wage, immigration, gun control, and education the more they are trying to cover up their fuck ups. Like Benghazi,NSA,IRS,Obama Care, and trashing the constitution. If that was all done by the Bush administration the partisan pinheads would be whining like babies. We don't need more laws guys, we need the ones that we have had for decades to be enforced. Enforced ON EVERYONE!!

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: markberwyn on April 02, 2014, 09:54:49 PM
Interesting that the heated responses to markweiner's excellent post focused on the question of whether enough people can immigrate legally, and not whether we as a society actually like having the cheap labor immigrants provide.

If illegal immigration were really and truly such a terrible drain on our society, why is there not the political will to start the process of "deporting 'em all" (assuming that in itself wouldn't be an economic drain)?

Republicans want the cheap labor and Democrats want the votes?

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on April 02, 2014, 10:25:57 PM
  Bleeding heart liberals is the answer.

Nope.

Quote from: mustang54 on April 02, 2014, 10:25:57 PMThey talk about reform and do nothing they are just trying to garner minority votes.

Maybe, but that includes Republicans too. As you recall, George W. Bush wanted to put forward an immigration reform plan and it was DOA. Why was that, mustang?

Quote from: mustang54 on April 02, 2014, 10:25:57 PMNow you can add the minimum wage game by these morons. A living wage? Get a fucking education or some job training instead of expecting the rest of society to pay more to support you.

The living wage was never about getting something for free---it was getting businesses to recognize that paying workers better allows them to support themselves and their families, reduces turnover, and lessens the strain on social services. (When you aren't paid well, you tend to go to the government for one of those handouts you find so contemptible.) You might also recognize that many of the underpaid workers have had their fucking education and job training and are getting paid poorly despite that.

Like I said earlier the more they bullshit about minimum wage, immigration, gun control, and education the more they are trying to cover up their fuck ups. Like Benghazi,

Oh, God, fucking Benghazi. Are conservative tools still willing to die on this hill? Still?

Seriously, are you telling me that Benghazi is more important that illegal immigration?

NSA,

You have my assurances that nobody has stopped talking about the NSA scandal.

IRS,

Or the IRS! People love to talk about the IRS! Every year!

Obama Care,

What about the Affordable Care Act? Has it created problems of some sort for the American people?

and trashing the constitution.

I'm trying to think if the Bush administration ever did anything that would be perceived as trashing the constitution. Hrm....

If that was all done by the Bush administration the partisan pinheads would be whining like babies.

And now that the Obama administration is perceived to be doing these things (Benghazi! WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT BENGHAZI! MORE THAN WE EVER HAVE BEFORE!), partisan pinheads on message boards are whining like babies.

We don't need more laws guys, we need the ones that we have had for decades to be enforced. Enforced ON EVERYONE!!

EVERYONE! DO YOU HEAR ME? EVERYONE! BENGHAZI!

Seriously, though, have you given any thought to what your "deport 'em all" posture would do to this country if it were acted on?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 02, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

Everyone wants the cheap labor and everyone wants the votes.

markberwyn

buzz

Excellent post ?

Take off the blinders !  Cheap labor is cheap labor.  Those folks at Walmart and McDonald's aren't all illegal immigrants, and because of their low wages we subsidize them plenty so the corporations can make huge profits. 

markberwyn

Not sure what it is you think I'm blind to. Are you saying that undocumented workers should become citizens and get jobs at Walmart? How many Walmarts do you have?

buzz

Quote from: markberwyn on April 02, 2014, 11:29:44 PM
Are you saying that undocumented workers should become citizens and get jobs at Walmart? How many Walmarts do you have?
Predictable cutesy response.
Fuck that undocumented crap.  Call it like it is.  They're illegal immigrants.  And unfortunately, there are plenty of legal workers (citizens) to fill those positions.

You cry out for the plight of the low wage worker, but only for illegal immigrant low wage workers.  Cheap labor is cheap labor.

markberwyn

Nobody's answering the question I'm asking. What would happen to American society and the American economy if everybody in this country illegally were deported tomorrow?

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: markberwyn on April 02, 2014, 10:43:27 PM
Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 02, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

Everyone wants the cheap labor and everyone wants the votes.

Well, two wrongs don't make a right. Laws should be enforced. I think if you enforced the law unemployment would drop and nothing bad would happen. If not enough workers let the needed amount in on visas.

Bonster

As Elie Wiesel said, no human being is illegal.

I thought she said no human being is an alien.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 03, 2014, 06:57:34 AMI think if you enforced the law unemployment would drop and nothing bad would happen.

Tell me more. What leads you to think this?

mustang54

Quote from: markberwyn on April 03, 2014, 06:51:23 AM
Nobody's answering the question I'm asking. What would happen to American society and the American economy if everybody in this country illegally were deported tomorrow?
Before I answer let me say my problem with Benghazi is the lies to cover up the mistakes. Oh I forgot Clinton's don.t lie do they? Monica,Whitewater. Yes I must be wrong.
   "What would happen to American society and the American economy if everybody in this country illegally were deported tomorrow?"
1. Our schools could balance their budgets a whole lot easier.
2. Healthcare costs would lower do to our emergency rooms not being free clinics anymore and forcing the costs on us legal folks.
3. Car insurance would be cheaper. We might actually get hit by people with a license and insurance!
4. Our jails would be far less crowded and we wouldn't have to pay for their stay or let other criminals out early to make room for them.
5. We would actually get served by workers who actually speak and understand our language.
6. Lower unemployment.
  Yes Mark out society would become a real freakin mess.
  As for your statement of republicans doing the same things or being just as bad, I NEVER said they were any better. They are just as lost. I'm tired of people especially in Illinois and Chicago believing in and voting for these democratic crooks and liars. Answer this for me please. Other than the Republicans being too stupid to run candidates in the city and county why do minorities especially on the south side keep voting in the same pukes while their kids are being killed every day?

MindoverMatter

Deportation is not just about hispanics.  Just wondering....If any of you are hispanic?