News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

The Old House on Harvey

Started by berwyn senator, April 05, 2014, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Went by there the other day,looks like a dormer rather small,maybe for a stir case to the upstairs has been added.I did not notice on previous drive bys.

berwynson

God Damn It! We are here talking about MY old house on Harvey, No? Born there, grew up, listened to radio everyday on Atwater-Kent tablemodel, got our first T-V there, 1950, Was sick, hurt, elated, prayerful, growing, schooled (Havlicek, Lincoln, Morton), the house that was to be FOREVER.

But my folks aged, I married, we bought the old bungalow from them, times became difficult, so then, when I was 30, we sold it. My Dad was dead, my Mom living in Brookfield. We left Crook County forever. Found crooked counties elsewhere.

God Damn, how I miss that old Berwyn of my Youth!    berwynson

berwyn senator

We had a good time,what a wonderful simple way of life.Hell,I don't think any of us new what was in store for us as we grew up.Then we wonder why as we age we grow bitter.

buzz

Quote from: berwyn senator on April 08, 2014, 11:59:28 AM
Then we wonder why as we age we grow bitter.
Not all seniors are bitter.  You're just one sad man stuck in the past.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwyn senator

Very far from it,all just makes good conservation!

dukesdad

The part of "bitter, stuck in the past, old man" was played by Berwyn Senator.

berwyn senator

At times I do so,most of the time always looking to have a good time! Still out with the same bunch I grew up with,interesting were still together.

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: berwyn senator on April 05, 2014, 05:17:32 PM
Went by there the other day,looks like a dormer rather small,maybe for a stir case to the upstairs has been added.I did not notice on previous drive bys.

Wait a minute.....

berwyn senator

I know the spelling! but who cares after a few PBR's.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: buzz on April 08, 2014, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: berwyn senator on April 08, 2014, 11:59:28 AM
Then we wonder why as we age we grow bitter.
Not all seniors are bitter.  You're just one sad man stuck in the past.

Enough buzz.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

berwynson