News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Who to call about dumping?

Started by justme, April 12, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

As we were walking today, we saw that some low class asshole left 4 tires by the track off of 27th and Riverside Drive (right by the No Dumping sign). Who would we call about that? Public Works?

Pisses me off that there are such low class morons around here.

jfrickind

Fill out a blight report about it. 

If it really tweaks you then grab them and throw them in a dumpster.  But if not, blight report.

Public works has been real good about taking care of any blight reports I fill out.  Which are numerous.

justme

Oh just on the city website? Ok that's easy.

Don't they recycle tires? We just pitch them in a dumpster (once we find one?) I'll fill out a report and if they are still there later this week, we will probably just get rid of them ourselves. I was wondering if the people who live there even bothered. The land by the track always looks bad anyway with all the garbage but this takes the cake. Not one tire but 4! And we weren't sure if that was city property or the railroad's.

scottymac

Good Time Charlie

Call the police and ICE. This nonsense shouldn't be allowed to continue.

justme

Well either they just took 2  or someone left 2 more after they took the 4.  SO now there are 2 tires there . Oh well, at least there was some progress

Foursquare

I took them to make some planters.  I'll prob put them in my front lawn.

pkd50

That's what I'd do.  They have some great spray paint that glows in the dark.

~LL~

Quote from: pkd50 on April 16, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
That's what I'd do.  They have some great spray paint that glows in the dark.

I used the glow-in-the-dark spray paint on a few large  rounded clay pots for the backyard; the effect is awesome!
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

pkd50

That's good to hear.  I'm going to do some this year.

Good Time Charlie

I may be interested in the other two. I'd like to make a couple of tire swings for the tree in my parkway. I have the chain already just sitting in the yard. It would be nice to put it to some use.

Bonster

Quote from: justme on April 12, 2014, 04:33:30 PM
As we were walking today, we saw that some low class asshole left 4 tires by the track off of 27th and Riverside Drive (right by the No Dumping sign). Who would we call about that? Public Works?

Pisses me off that there are such low class morons around here.

Fucking scumbags.  It's bad enough when people leave them in the alley for weeks. 

WM will pick them up, but only if you call in advance.  Otherwise they just sit there.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

That said, I wish WM would distribute their guidelines once in a while.  Years ago I had them fax a copy of their guidelines (per their contract with Berwyn), and it was quite surprising (mostly in a good way).  Many issues people have with could be resolved with a bit of information.    Their website doesn't tell you much, either.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

dukesdad

Nothing makes a better planter than an old toilet! You can plant in the bowl and in the tank. Looks great next to the front walk.

Good Time Charlie

I tried that but ended up using it one night when I got piss drunk. Killed the plants.

Good Time Charlie

And gave me a really weird rash!

dukesdad

And people wonder why we live in Berwyn?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: dukesdad on April 17, 2014, 10:22:44 AM
Nothing makes a better planter than an old toilet! You can plant in the bowl and in the tank. Looks great next to the front walk.
LOL.  We replaced one of our toilets 2 weeks ago and the old one was sitting in our enclosed front porch since then because everyone was so busy.  I finally threatened to turn it into a planter and it magically disappeared today.  The fact that we're having people over on Saturday might have also been in a factor in the disappearance.  The mailman must have been very amused when he put our mail in the mailbox since it was directly in his line of sight.

berwyn senator

Why do we need old toilets? Alleys are much more convent? Lamp posts,fence posts, all work.

justme

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 17, 2014, 09:30:59 AM
That said, I wish WM would distribute their guidelines once in a while.  Years ago I had them fax a copy of their guidelines (per their contract with Berwyn), and it was quite surprising (mostly in a good way).  Many issues people have with could be resolved with a bit of information.    Their website doesn't tell you much, either.

I agree since most people are clueless due to WM's lack of communication.  Some who have lived in other cities and towns don't realize that you can't put anything and everything out there and they will take it. I doesn't work that way here unfortunately.For the money we pay I don't think that would be too much to ask.